Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Users Chit Chat / Conversa entre Utilizadores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBREXIT –STRAWS IN THE WIND

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/September/2016 at 15:14
At last, someone else who actually sees the truth rather than what the BBC etc tell you to believe. It is clear to all those who bother to care, US and EU facilitated the overthrow of the Ukraine leader. What followed clearly backfired on them as Russia now has Crimea (Following a democratic vote and not invaded as the US and EU want you to believe)
cameronout
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/September/2016 at 16:15
Democracy is a myth perpetuated by those in power.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Phil. View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/September/2016 at 22:42
Let me establish the fact that I have boundless admiration for the people who fought for the Allies in both world wars.At a later date, I served in the RAF for three years and was fortunate to emerge unscathed.If you can't stand the heat,don't come into the kitchen, that is my view of my own personal experience and no reflection on anyone else.
Nigel may have become less visible ,post Brexit ,but he was instrumental in bringing about the freedom of the British people from the tyrannical dictatorship that the EU has become. Tell me honestly, do you think that it is right for unelected beurocrats in Brussels to regard our parliament as nothing more than a local council? British people elect representatives to govern the country, not to be subservient to any other entity.
I have no shame in expressing my views,I am unashamedly English, despite the trend to demean our history and become the world champion of apologists.
No one knows what the future holds but I have confidence in the British people to adapt to whatever circumstances arise and make Britain great again.
By the way, your comments regarding the racist attacks and linking them to Leave supporters was out of order and a cheap shot.I ,just as an example, have friends from all over the world and I am sure that there are many in the Leave camp who can say the same. Shame on you.
Polo Marco View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/September/2016 at 23:47
Well said Phil.
Phil. View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/September/2016 at 00:40
Thank you Março, I have chosen to live out the Autumn of my days in the Algarve. Although of relatively restricted means, here,it is easy to have a good standard. of living non the less.
Fortunately, over the last nine years, I have been able to accumulate many friends both British and Portuguese, Dutch, Canadian and French
All differences between the two camps,Leave and Remain, should be forgotten and both camps should pull together in a united
Phil. View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/September/2016 at 00:55
Continued,effort to make a successful outcome of the Brexit vote.
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/September/2016 at 10:29
Don't give him your name Pike!
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
Phil. View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/September/2016 at 10:43
German officer " You boy,what's your name"?Captain Mainwaring "Don't tell him Pike"!
Priceless.
Phil. View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/September/2016 at 10:50
Construction and Manufacturing both resilient in August. Analysts forecast no growth in the Services sector which accounts for 80%of our GDP, today announced the figure of over 52.Any sum over 50 represents growth.
As reported in today's Guardian. Thrive on UK, thrive on.
Luis View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/September/2016 at 11:31
Yes Phil great results for a country that is still a member of the EU. Hopefully will carry on aafter the exit takes place but we shall see how it goes after that.
Phil. View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/September/2016 at 20:58
Yes,we are still a member of the EU but,if you remember, the Establishment forecast immediate disaster following a Leave vote. After the usual over the top response from the markets,the dust is now settling and,as well as the recent Industrial results, the pound sterling is rising.
Had the dire predictions happened, the media would have been full of "I told you so" lectures from the Establishment ,before you could say " Brexit ".
I agree that there are uncertain times ahead ,but please,whilst we are thriving, can we take a certain satisfaction in the present economic scenario in the UK.?
David Davies has had four years experience within the EU and is an authority on the way that it works,they will not bully or browbeat him.They have already tried,when he stated that trade agreements with other non EU countries was underway, they blustered that we had to have permission from the EU to open trade negotiations. His response, "What can they do,kick us out "!
In my opinion and that of the majority of British people, we can and will, prosper without being members of the EU .
Luis View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/September/2016 at 21:40
Yes Phil of course people should be happy with the economic scenario. Negotiations will be hard and in my Humble opinion Brexit might not be what people think ,hopefully the deal negotiated by the Politicians will be a great deal to make Britain prosper even more. :)
Phil. View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/September/2016 at 22:40
Hi Luis,I'm glad that we agree that the important thing is for the politicians to negotiate the best possible deal for the future of the UK, with or without the EU.
As I have already stated,firstly,I am English, secondly, I am British and I love my country on both counts.If someone calls me a "Little Englander",that is the greatest compliment that I could ever receive.
Amen.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic