Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Users Chit Chat / Conversa entre Utilizadores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBREXIT –STRAWS IN THE WIND

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/July/2016 at 18:16
Originally posted by DICEYUK DICEYUK wrote:

Originally posted by Jock Jock wrote:

I, like most Scots & Northern Irish who voted, was a remain supporter and am heart-sick. However, the decision has been made.  We must get the best deal we can for the UK and put differences behind us.  No point in festering.

It was a UK referendum so how Scots, NI, London or anywhere else voted is irrelevant. You simply cannot have seperate areas of the UK saying that because they voted in, and lost,  they now want to be treated differently. It was always a case of we were either going to be all in or all out - end of.

Except when Farage said a 52 - 48 split for "in" would be "unfinished business".
Go away Duchatalet
carolenclive View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/July/2016 at 18:42
Correct PerryClap
caz
tonisdad View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/July/2016 at 19:42
Originally posted by Algarveaddick Algarveaddick wrote:

Originally posted by Jock Jock wrote:

I, like most Scots & Northern Irish who voted, was a remain supporter and am heart-sick. However, the decision has been made.  We must get the best deal we can for the UK and put differences behind us.  No point in festering.

It was a UK referendum so how Scots, NI, London or anywhere else voted is irrelevant. You simply cannot have seperate areas of the UK saying that because they voted in, and lost,  they now want to be treated differently. It was always a case of we were either going to be all in or all out - end of.

Except when Farage said a 52 - 48 split for "in" would be "unfinished business".

Maybe Nicola Sturgeon will get her way and get another Scotland leave UK referendum as she does not want to leave EU. Perhaps all the UK could vote on that one and Scotland may get the result they want?
Of course if they did get the result there is nothing to say they would be accepted into the EU.

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/July/2016 at 20:13
I doubt if the EU will want, or can afford, to have Scotland "rejoining" by itself. With the UK voting out it has lost a major net contributor and it won't want yet another small Country that will be unable to boost the coffers.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Patti View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/July/2016 at 21:40
Totally agree
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/July/2016 at 08:54

I doubt if the EU will want, or can afford, to have Scotland "rejoining" by itself. With the UK voting out it has lost a major net contributor and it won't want yet another small Country that will be unable to boost the coffers.

I think you are probably right there David.
Go away Duchatalet
tiganut View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/July/2016 at 09:34
The EU has already said that it wont accept Scotland as a seperate member.
The vote has been held,lets move on.
The SNP even tried rigging their vote about remaining part of the UK,by allowing children to vote,whose sole knowledge of politics is watching Braveheart.William Wallace,a Scottish traitor,played by an Australian,filmed in Ireland,& a story about as true as unicorn dung.
He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins
tonisdad View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/July/2016 at 09:53
Originally posted by tiganut tiganut wrote:

The EU has already said that it wont accept Scotland as a seperate member.
The vote has been held,lets move on.
The SNP even tried rigging their vote about remaining part of the UK,by allowing children to vote,whose sole knowledge of politics is watching Braveheart.William Wallace,a Scottish traitor,played by an Australian,filmed in Ireland,& a story about as true as unicorn dung.

LOL

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/July/2016 at 10:41
If you mean by children 16/17 yrs old you are being rather insulting.Most of them will know more about politics than you do as they do Political studies in school and many carry on to do A Levels in History and Politics and then to University.You can be a member of a political party at 16,have sex,get married, join the army so should be entitled to vote.
caz
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/July/2016 at 11:19

Of course you are correct Dicey and, had read my post and understood it, you would have seen that I accept the result, though I don't have to like it.  You will, I am sure, allow me that freedom of thought.
We are all in the "same boat" and will "sink or swim" together.  I am buying a lifebelt!

And, was there really any need for the rather twee "end of"?  I am sure that as a right thinking Britisher you would not wish to choke off friendly discussion.  Calm down dear, it's only a forum!
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/July/2016 at 11:30
I did read it & I did understand it - I was agreeing with you not arguing with you.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Super__Ally View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/July/2016 at 07:22
If there were to be a referendum in England only and the question was:-
Should England be an independent country?
What do you think the result would be?

Manchester University figures show it would be in the region of 75% yes to 25% no

So why all the hypocrisy about wanting Scotland to remain part of the UK

Ally
tonisdad View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/July/2016 at 09:42
No hypocrisy here...I have already said let all the UK vote. To me if the majority of Scotland want to be out off you go.
Only trouble was on the Scotland referendum more of them wanted to stay...jesus as I am typing Sturgeon is bleating on again on the Marr show. There is one thing for certain as long as she is running the show there will never be a happy compromise in her eyes.
tiganut View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/July/2016 at 09:49
[QUOTE=carolenclive]If you mean by children 16/17 yrs old you are being rather insulting.Most of them will know more about politics than you do as they do Political studies in school and many carry on to do A Levels in History and Politics and then to University.You can be a member of a political party at 16,have sex,get married, join the army so should be entitled to vote.[/QUOTE
Now who is being insulting?You have no idea what my background is.

He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/July/2016 at 10:37
No I do not and you do not know mine.But IMO the vote for anything General election  Referendums etc should be from the age of !6yrs.
caz
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic