Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Algarve
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flight Watch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 83>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enrique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/December/2016 at 12:00
sorry that is Ryanair of course
Patti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/December/2016 at 13:09
Wow! And people complain about Ryanair ! Lol
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/December/2016 at 18:02
Originally posted by Patti Patti wrote:

You have to flap your arms though...
Go away Duchatalet
Patti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/December/2016 at 23:57
😂
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/December/2016 at 12:57
Originally posted by port princess port princess wrote:

Looked at easy jet from Glasgow £401 for two people for 7th oct to 28th oct their having a laugh also only flying saturdays !!!!!

covers the scottish mid-terms as well ... pretty much the same level of fares with Ryanair from both Edinburgh and Prestwick ... more days though.
Pyrman
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/December/2016 at 20:16
Just found this in Portugal News for anyone travelling to/ from Faro , seems there are strikes at end of month. Plus anyone travelling from UK, believe there are  strikes by BA & Swissport on 23rd Dec.
http://theportugalnews.com/news/joint-airport-handling-and-security-staff-strike-threatens-chaos-over-holidays/40496
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/December/2016 at 21:36

Yes we flew home with Easyjet this week.....of course we had the normal two hour delay. Give me Ryanair anytime.
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/December/2016 at 10:16
Originally posted by tonisdad tonisdad wrote:

Yes we flew home with Easyjet this week.....of course we had the normal two hour delay. Give me Ryanair anytime.

I know I'll regret saying this but we've never had a delay with EasyJet in the years we've flown with them.

In fairness there has been a lot of fog around in Europe this week causing disruption to many airports. Newcastle, which has so far been fog free, has received several diversions from further South.
Colin
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/December/2016 at 11:31
Originally posted by Big Col Big Col wrote:

I know I'll regret saying this but we've never had a delay with EasyJet in the years we've flown with them.

Us neither, had 10 or so flights a year for the last 14 years and only ever been seriously delayed once.
That was in June this year and was because of a French ATC strike.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/December/2016 at 18:09
Originally posted by DICEYUK DICEYUK wrote:

Originally posted by Big Col Big Col wrote:

Us neither, had 10 or so flights a year for the last 14 years and only ever been seriously delayed once.
That was in June this year and was because of a French ATC strike.

You were lucky you were not flying last Tuesday Col.
According to our pilot who took the time to let us know the reason for delay this time. The plane was ready for Newcastle-Faro flight but there was a delayed flight setting off from Luton because of knock on effects.
  So that plane was flown to Luton and those waiting for Newcastle-Faro flight had to wait for a plane coming in from Canaries.
I think what he was saying in a round about way was rather than have to pay out flight compensation to the Luton flyers it was cheaper to shuffle the plane down to Luton.
Either that or you Southerners get preferential treatment to us ragbags up North LOL.
Pain in hearse when you have a 2 year old to keep amused
tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/January/2017 at 17:38
Flew back to Faro last night with Easyjet.....needless to say they tried to spoil the party with the normal 2 hour delay. Must be standard practise now with them.
Super__Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super__Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/February/2017 at 23:09
I have been looking to book a couple of journeys to albufeira via Faro. Although the flights I'm looking at are by no means expensive, they are about 30% dearer than last year.
Is this a Brexit thing or another reason?
Ally
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/February/2017 at 23:24
Combination I would guess. Weak pound means dearer airport fees and fuel, and increased demand means the airlines can push their margins up a bit?
Go away Duchatalet
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/February/2017 at 01:06
It really depends on how many people have already booked at the time you look. In my experience, Easyjet flights for this year were around about the same price as last year when they first became available and we booked. In fact we got 2 trips (i.e. out & back) this year that were slightly cheaper than last year for very similar periods/dates.
No doubt people have been booking earlier this year so the cheaper seats have gone that much quicker.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Patti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/February/2017 at 09:54
I've just looked at the same flights that I booked to Faro as soon as they came out - they are now a similar price and I actually could go a day earlier for cheaper but I have looked at them since I booked them a few times ( because I do that just for interest ) and they have been much dearer !
So they definitely go up and down .
But I wouldn't get my hotel now - it's all booked up so I have to book early.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 83>
  Share Topic