FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWeather in Albufeira today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 442443444445446 566>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/September/2018 at 08:51
Yesterday was a scorcher!
Today started cloudy but that’s quickly burning off, the lightest intermittent breeze and all is set fair.
BBC say high of 27, IPMA say 29 and I’m putting money on it being higher than that come late afternoon, 30 maybe 31 I reckon but, whatever the number, it is very acceptable and long may it continue. No chance of any wet stuff.

Edit. 2.30pm and we’re up to IPMA’s 29 forecast, will it climb higher? My money says so, will let you know.

Edit. 5.15pm, it did climb higher, currently 30. Beautiful early evening, no wind or breeze, a perfect September day.

Edit. 5.50pm and it’s 31, what the..... !!!!!
Andrew
Cooknoe View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/September/2018 at 09:40
Last night was more bearable than it’s been for a while. We managed without the air conditioning. This morning we have lovely blue skies, but a nice breeze at present. Hope it lasts, but looking at the forecast, temperatures are expected to rise again tomorrow.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/September/2018 at 09:47
And on we go, light breeze this morning but otherwise just the usual, no cloud, no rain, already 24, I would think we’ll hit 30/31 again later, lovely!
Andrew
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/September/2018 at 15:42
What's happened to the new 1 degree increase in temperature report Wink
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/September/2018 at 19:06
Again we had 31 degrees today, way above average for this time of year but... brace yourselves!
The neighbours are advising of a heat wave over next three days, apparently 40 degrees has been touted on the TV, IPMA are not that high but are still forecasting mid thirties.... I’ll let you know but for now, it’s just beautifull.
Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/September/2018 at 09:21
Very warm last night, sat out in shorts until well past midnight, today, it just continues.
Before 9.00am we had 24 degrees, not a breath of breeze, not a could in sight, clear blue skies, it’s going to be very hot today and tomorrow, IPMA say 34 today and 35 tomorrow and we know from experience that the actual usually beats them so brace yourself for this mini heatwave, let’s see what it does reach later this afternoon and don’t forget your sun cream and hats!
Andrew
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/September/2018 at 13:24
Sounds lovely. Arriving on Tuesday so hope it continues.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/September/2018 at 23:25
Well, gold star for IPMA, it was 34 c at 5.00pm this after, a scorchio day and now, twenty past eleven at night, it’s still 26! And this is towards the end of September, we’ll take it as something of a bonus.
If we believe the forecasts... tomorrow’s gonna be hotter!
Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/September/2018 at 09:08
And on we go, exactly as we were but... it’s hotter! 25 degrees at 8.45 this morning, mid thirties again later, no breeze at all, totally clear skies, glorious and going to again be scorchio!
Tomorrow is forecast hotter still but from Monday a little cooler, 29 to 31 degrees forecast for the week thereafter, still hotter than historical average and very acceptable. Enjoy.
Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/September/2018 at 08:53
Repeat, repeat. A scorcher yesterday and exactly the same for today, we had 35 degrees late yesterday afternoon, the same expected today, nothing different for me to report it’s exactly the same, very hot and glorious. Already 25 at 8.45am!
If the forecasters are to be believed it is going to drop about four degrees from tomorrow and going forward, it will only be 30 degree’s ‘ish. How will we cope? 😉😎😂
Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/September/2018 at 09:04
Another scorcher yesterday, 35 degree’s late afternoon and with no breeze, very hot.
I think, certainly so far, the forecasters have slipped up, they say only 31 today and pretty much that going forward, ie. a 4 or 5 degree drop compared to last few days but already today we have 26.5 degrees, it’s hotter than the past few days at this time so far.
Again no breeze at all, not a cloud to be seen. Absolutely brilliant weather. Let’s see if the forecasters know something we don’t, will be interesting to see what temperature we do reach later today but whatever, it’s glorious.

Edit. 13.35. What the forecasters probably knew was that the wind was on its way, from late morning, quite blustery and strong at times, that may well steal a few degrees but we have 31 here at moment and the two chemists in Old Town, which is maybe a bit sheltered, we’re saying 33 just half an hour ago. Whatever the number, it’s very acceptable.
Wind/ breeze is forecast also for tomorrow and 29/30 for next ten days, no sign at all of any rain.
Andrew
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/September/2018 at 06:40
Arrived 7.30 last night and it was 28 on the Yellowfish car thermometer. Got to our apartment, which has been shut up since the 8th of June, and it was like walking into an oven.
Not anticipating this at this time of the year we had put all the fans away before we left in June so had to get them out again.
AC has been on all night in the bedroom but it's still very warm in here in the lounge this morning - temperature outside at 6.30am is 25.
Phew!
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/September/2018 at 09:13
Well, the forecasters were right about the wind, it’s blowing fair and strong this morning., other than that, as we were.
Clear skies, sun beating down, 25 degrees at 9.00am and 31 forecast for later. Yesterday we topped out at 33, today is looking like another cracker but not sure what effect this wind will have or how long it’s going to be around, a great day for drying your washing, an interesting day if you’re landing at Faro!
Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/September/2018 at 18:54
The wind has blown through, it’s just dissipated as quickly as it appeared, still a hot if not cracking day topping out at, for once, the forecast figure of 31.
A lovely calm evening now, bring on tomorrow when 30 ‘ish and far less breeze/wind is expected.
Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/September/2018 at 08:55
A light intermittent breeze this morning, otherwise, as we were. Clear blue sky, sun beating down already 25 degrees at 9.00am, 32, according to IPMA later, so likely we’ll be a bit higher, either way this exceptional weather continues.
Tom, don’t you dare bring that UK weather back with you! 😉
Andrew
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 442443444445446 566>
  Share Topic