Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Weather / O Clima
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWeather in Albufeira today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 441442443444445 566>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/September/2018 at 11:07
A nice enough start to the day, sunny and warm, temperature at 1100am is 26.1ºC and barely a breeze. Forecast says we could have 31ºC this afternoon and we are back on maximum alert for fire risk.  It will get cloudy later but tonight it won't fall below 20ºC.

It looks like the threat of rain for Tuesday and Wednesday has receded to only 23%. Temperatures in the daytime will remain in the high 20´s all week, night-times to between 17 and 20.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/September/2018 at 09:15
I wish I felt better to be able to take advantage of what looks like is going to be a very nice day indeed. All threat of rain is no more, at 0915am it is already 25.1ºC with a high of 31 expected this afternoon. Not a cloud in the sky.

Tonight will be around 22ºC, tomorrow and Thursday will be slightly cooler but still very warm for the time of year. The 10 day forecast is for the same.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/September/2018 at 11:19
Hot and humid! Temperature at 11.15am is 27.8ºC and rising, humidity  at 79%. Clear blue sky, just a few slight breezes. Forecast to be 30ºC later as it was yesterday.  Tonight we shall expect 21 - 23 depending on where you are.

Little change over the next two days, in fact looks good until Monday next with similar temperatures in the daytime, perhaps a little cooler at night as the days get shorter.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/September/2018 at 08:09
Rather misty this morning. I can see just about as far as the marina but beyond there, not.

Temperature at 0800 is 24.2ºC and it is very damp and clammy. There is a light wind.

Forecast today is for 28ºC under high and thin cloud. There is some rain far to the south but is not coming this way. Tonight, temperature will fall to around 21ºC.

Little if any change for Friday and Saturday. There's a slight chance of a shower or two on Sunday and Monday, otherwise it's going to be a spell of warm weather next week, up around the 28 or 29 mark in the daytime, down to 20 - 22 at night.
Albufeira Resident

peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/September/2018 at 08:13
Can't see the end of the garden here in Loule!!
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/September/2018 at 08:24
Well, 15 minutes after Tom and about four miles west, the only haze is way out to sea, beautiful and clear here and dead still, no breeze at all.
Yesterday at 4.00pm it was still 31 degree’s, very hot!
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/September/2018 at 08:44
Update 1415hrs
Actual temperature in the shade 26.2ºC.

Max today around 27. Tonight 20-ish. Weekend forecast - much the same, a bit cloudy and 27ºC during the day, 20 - 21 at night. A slight chance of some light rain on Sunday.

For next week, we are expecting every day to be in high 20's, night-times 19 - 21ºC. A chance of a bit of rain on Monday, otherwise it's going to be dry.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/September/2018 at 09:05
Update 1015am - it's raining! Not hard, but it is raining. Typical as I put my washing out to dry an hour ago.

Very cloudy this morning and a bit windy. Temperature at 0900 is 22.1ºC. it will probably be quite cloudy all day, maximum temperature 26 or 27.

Tonight down to 20 or 21ºC. Similar tomorrow and Monday, perhaps less cloudy. There is a slight chance of a spot or two of rain as well.

The rest of the week should be fine and dry, daytime temperatures up in the high 20's, even 30. Night-times 19 or 20 inland, a bit less cold near the sea.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/September/2018 at 11:44
It was rather misty earlier, or was that my eyes? Anyway it's brightened up now and it quite pleasant. Temperature at 1135am is 27.4ºC, there is a light breeze coming through the windows. We could have 29 later, there will be some cloud around.

Tonight down to around 20 or 21, tomorrow and Tuesday little change expected but maybe a slight chance of a shower. After Tuesday, it's going to be a warm and dry week.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/September/2018 at 07:52
Last on the spot report for two weeks as I am off later today to watch Kent win some cricket. Looks OK out there, no cloud, very little wind and temperature at 0750am is 23.5ºC. It will be a nice day today, top temperature 28 perhaps even a bit more.

Tonight will be around 22º along the coast, a touch cooler inland.

A warm week is in prospect, temperatures in the high 20's, there will be some cloud and there is a small chance of a few drops of rain today and tomorrow.
Albufeira Resident

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/September/2018 at 09:41
Seeing as Tom’s in Canterbury..
IPMA forecast 30 for today, the BBC just 26, what’s that about?
I maintain, as yesterday, that nine times out of ten IPMA are a degree or two light, 31 degrees late yesterday afternoon! Today looks even better, clear skies with the lightest high cloud out to sea, light breeze, full sun, 24 degrees already and obviously that’s on the up, no chance of rain and again I’ll wager IPMA’s 30 will be beaten, the BBC forecast is, quite frankly, not worth the screen it’s displayed on, it is wrong, again.
Ho hum, mid September and the month lives up to its reputation, just gorgeous.
Andrew
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/September/2018 at 14:58
Agreed. Out here in Tavira it's 32 and 31 on two different thermometers (in the shade) yet BBC has a max of 27 Today!

I wrote to the BBC last month at home about the obvious differences between their weather app and the local TV foreacsts. No response yet. 😎
Colin
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/September/2018 at 16:39
Totally with you on that Col, and just to go back to what I posted earlier today, the chemist 400 yards away, our car, our thermometers in the shade, all currently say, as I predicted, 31 degree’s. Further, I suspect we haven’t maxed out yet, it is very hot and gorgeous!

Edit. Now 5.40 pm and all the aforementioned are still saying 31 degree’s, it’s twenty to six at night in September!!! Glorious!
Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/September/2018 at 09:16
Ditto yesterday, BBC say 27, IPMA 31. I’m going to stop looking at the BBC, they are miles wrong consistently.
Today is, as you were. No breeze, light high whispy bits of cloud, azure blue sky, sun beating down burning the nights moisture off, already 23 degrees and I reckon IPMA are about right, likely to be 31 degrees, again, later this afternoon.
Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/September/2018 at 16:21
Ditto yesterday indeed, it’s beaten even IPMA’s forecast, currently 33... in the shade at 4.15pm!!!
Andrew
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 441442443444445 566>
  Share Topic