Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Algarve
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some general questions Albufeira/Algarve

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/March/2018 at 13:05
Originally posted by tonisdad tonisdad wrote:

Originally posted by Richardk Richardk wrote:

Originally posted by jameswhufc jameswhufc wrote:

Am only there till Friday so i'll have to visit another time.

Also whats the preference is it to come down from the north of Portugal, or to drive across from Seville?
Seville definitely - cheaper fuel no tolls till you get to Portugal & empty motorways

james don`t leave yourself needing petrol in Portugal it is up to 20 cents litre cheaper in Spain.

Good tip, Paul. James, there's a filling station about 2km from the border in Spain. 
Go away Duchatalet
lizrod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizrod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/March/2018 at 15:53
Nico is now open 
jameswhufc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jameswhufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/July/2018 at 13:34
We have extended 2 days now and staying till the Sunday rather than Friday now.

We are still round back of the old town near blue bell bar / Merlins Bar / Vila Recife hotel.

Are there any pools around there we can use? Don't mind using the beach but didn't know if there was anywhere we could use?

I may once of twice used the Oura Praia pool when i've been there but unlike previous times im not staying in Santa Eulalia area.

P.s thanks for the petrol tips, we will fill up just before we enter Portugal then and come in from Seville.
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/July/2018 at 11:13
This isn't far James: https://www.facebook.com/poolonahill/
Go away Duchatalet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jameswhufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/July/2018 at 14:25
Thanks that's good to know, looks about a 10 minute walk.
tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/July/2018 at 16:54
Originally posted by Algarveaddick Algarveaddick wrote:

This isn't far James: https://www.facebook.com/poolonahill/

AA is that a hotel or a place you just go in to. I had a quick look on their facebook and it said they did barbies etc.
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/July/2018 at 18:24
Yes it is a place you just go into, there may be a daily charge. I am not sure? If you message them I am sure Hannah will respond.
Go away Duchatalet
tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/July/2018 at 19:32
Originally posted by Algarveaddick Algarveaddick wrote:

Yes it is a place you just go into, there may be a daily charge. I am not sure? If you message them I am sure Hannah will respond.
Thumbs Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jameswhufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/August/2018 at 20:10
Anyone got a rough idea of cost for tolls we would end up paying driving in from Seville to albufeira?

I know there is a toll road from airport to albufeira that can be avoided.

Just wondering how much credit to get on a roll card as from what i understand we can purchase one using credit card and get what's left refunded.

We would probably have a trip to sagres and back one day.

Would 20 euros cover us? Or should I just do the 40 euros and claim back the remaining once back in Madrid?
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/August/2018 at 08:35
" Anyone got a rough idea of cost for tolls we would end up paying driving in from Seville to albufeira?

The toll calculator tells me that it is €5,30 from the International Bridge to the A2 / A22 junction north of Albufeira and from there to the western end of the A22 at Bensafrim €3,55

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/August/2018 at 08:44
No tolls on main road from seville to the border

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jameswhufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/August/2018 at 14:23
Ok thanks was more any tolls I may hit in Portugal along he coast. I guess they are all avoidable.

I guess I'll fill up with petrol just before we enter Portugal and pick up a card incase we do use a toll road.

We are in Mérida this evening as stopped half way. Will try and make Artes bar for the quiz Thursday if anyone wants to say hi. Also pete maybe catch you in the cottage one day
tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/August/2018 at 19:22

Ok thanks was more any tolls I may hit in Portugal along he coast. I guess they are all avoidable.

I guess I'll fill up with petrol just before we enter Portugal and pick up a card incase we do use a toll road.

We are in Mérida this evening as stopped half way. Will try and make Artes bar for the quiz Thursday if anyone wants to say hi. Also pete maybe catch you in the cottage one day

Can`t remember where the first toll gantry is but you would need to take the turn off the A22 heading for Vila Real de Santo Antonio to pick up the N125 to avoid all the tolls.
Watch for the fixed speed cameras on the A49 from Seville to the Portuguese border they do work and you get the speeding ticket sent to the UK....I know I was that soldier Big smile.
I thought like in Portugal a UK number plate would just not get recognised but in Spain it does.
We do not pull into the border patrol office when we enter Portugal we just keep going.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/August/2018 at 09:42
Using the N125 may cost you more in fuel than the tolls you are trying to avoid. It's very busy at this time of year, often stop start for a long time.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/August/2018 at 18:28

I said hi - but you didn't say hi back? Big smile Maybe next time James?  
Go away Duchatalet
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic