Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Miscellaneous / Diverso
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

More fire deaths

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: More fire deaths
    Posted: 16/October/2017 at 15:50
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Sponsored Links

Luis View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/October/2017 at 16:08
Apologies for those who understand Portuguese this lucky driver is shouting quite a few swear words but he can be forgiven because of the situation...

http://www.record.pt/multimedia//detalhe/condutor-em-panico-foi-rodeado-pelas-chamas-em-plena-a17.html
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/October/2017 at 18:30
What is that?  Pretty flaming obvious I should have thought!

So what does he and others do? Just keep on driving into a sea of flames.

You cannot but wonder at some people's idiocy.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Luis View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/October/2017 at 20:34
He and the others were escaping from a village that was completely engulfed by the flames driving forward was the only option as everything else was consumed by the flames. It's a tragedy my prays go for all those affected by the tragedy :(
ClaireKildare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClaireKildare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/October/2017 at 10:21
I'm just glad they got out safely. That is terrible.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/October/2017 at 10:56
Thanks for that clarification Luis. I guess when all hope is nearly lost, desperate measures are required. Let's hope the rain is putting out the fires, which does seem to be happening now.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Luis View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/October/2017 at 07:51
You are welcome Cubsur. Yes thank God that the rain helped a lot getting rid of those fires... Now it's the time for tough measures time to catch the culprits and give them big prison sentences. Action is also needed for a proper plan to clean the forests and better coordination from the Protecao Civil. For example when they realised it was the worse day of fires in Portugal powers should be given to put the army in the ground to help the fireman that were streched to the limit
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic