Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Algarve Foreign Residents / Residentes Estrangeiros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Home Insurance

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Armando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Home Insurance
    Posted: 18/January/2018 at 15:15
Hi everyone
I’m looking to buy some contents insurance for our holiday appartment.. Last year we went with our bank Novo Banco but it looks like they are selling off their insurance side of the business and the premium has gone up.
There is a choice of Portuguese or UK based policies and I wondered if anyone had any experiences good or bad worth sharing ...before we make a decision.

Cheers
Sponsored Links

sidsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/January/2018 at 20:11
When we first bought our holiday apartment, Ibex Insurance Services in Portugal were recommended to us, and they suggested a policy with "Insure My Villa".
We have used Insure My Villa ever since, but now deal with them direct online. 
I've spent time on comparison sites, but they always come up with the best price.
Phoned them last year when an online quote was cheaper than our renewal quote, and they immediately matched it.
Thankfully, never had to make a claim.
They are based in Nottingham.
Good luck Smile
Armando View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Armando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/January/2018 at 20:29
Thanks Sidsmum
I’ll check them out.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/January/2018 at 13:38
Our policy is with Insure My Villa - very competitive and very good.
We get ours through Abbeygate Insurance
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Armando View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Armando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/January/2018 at 12:52
Thanks DiceyUK
I got a price from them...looks fine
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic