Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Hotels & Accommodations / Hoteis & Alojamentos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Building works.. land for sale ..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Building works.. land for sale ..
    Posted: 18/April/2018 at 22:37
The whole area between Infante and Lusiadas hospital is now pretty well full with the new flats, one more block to build just south of the hospital. The scrubland along Corrieira has been cleared and there is a major tidy up underway .. that may extend to the Montechoro side at the top end also.

A new peice of land on the Brejos side is advertised for sale ... not sure if it is the old Swimming pool site ... 16000 square metres ... that is large enough to build a CPO, or Quinta Pedra dos Bicos ...  where next I wonder ?
Pyrman
Sponsored Links

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/April/2018 at 10:50
New buildings going up everywhere. Is the French invasion responsible?
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/April/2018 at 12:31
Yep, four new build villas going up just off the beach at Gale, despite the apparent, no new build within a km of the coast, rule. What garbage that was or is!
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/April/2018 at 19:01
Next big project?

More or less this area near LIDL

Albufeira Resident

Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/April/2018 at 07:43
My dream. Massive euromillions win, buy that plot, convert the buildings into a top class restaurant and gift the rest of the land to the city as a nature reserve.

Well, we are all entitled to our dreams... 
Go away Duchatalet
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/April/2018 at 13:35
Actually, I was told by a resident that you can`t build there ... except at the top, where the plot is for sale. Notice it is only 130 sq.m ... just about big enough for a small villa.
Pyrman
mrandyd View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrandyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/April/2018 at 15:06
Nice thought.
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/April/2018 at 15:39
Originally posted by pyrman pyrman wrote:

Actually, I was told by a resident that you can`t build there ... except at the top, where the plot is for sale. Notice it is only 130 sq.m ... just about big enough for a small villa.

Nice if that's true. I just don't trust them not to find a loophole. Mind you, it's quite rough terrain to deal with if you wanted to build houses.       
Go away Duchatalet
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/April/2018 at 09:40
I think if it was just 130 sq metres it would be shown as 130,111 in the Portuguese manner.

There is a long derelict farmhouse on the top.

Someone has gone to the trouble of putting fences formed of old pallets around much of the whole site and there are stern warning notices about it being private property. Not that stops anyone.

I feel some pictures coming on! Long time I have been up there.

Where the ill-fated Oceanville now stands was once a fairly tall hill as well. They simply lopped the top off and flattened out the site.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/April/2018 at 20:36
Here's some pictures of the pallisades and fences that have been put up I guess at some expense. I wonder what exactly the landowners think people might do?

Albufeira Resident

pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/May/2018 at 07:50
Well if it is 130 thousand sq.m., that would be the whole site, presumably owned by LIDL .. approx. 325 x 400 metres .. very interesting.
Pyrman
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/May/2018 at 08:46
Measurements seem about right. Also I noticed yesterday some vegetation clearance at the abandoned waterpark site up at Brejos.

And there was a borehole rig working on the hill below Oceanville on Monday. Whether that is to determine if the hill is slipping (as was being said a while back) or it's a test bore for yet more development remains to be seen.
Albufeira Resident

Rico633 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rico633 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/February/2020 at 14:18
Maybe it would be good for infrastructure and for economics for this area. I was thinking of buying a property in Albufeira and cannot choose, could you please recommend something. 
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/February/2020 at 09:32
There are new apartment blocks and villas being built all across town. Prices are rising fast, for example a new 1 bedroom apartment near where I live is on offer an €195,000.

Search local estate agents / realtors.
Albufeira Resident

pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/February/2020 at 11:28
The most recent large build is beside the hospital Lusiadas and at the bottom around Worms roundabout ... others behind Aldi and opposite Town Hall

You could enquire with an estate agent ... Helena Dias is with www.algarvedreamproperty.com
and owns the bar next to Cockerel Country Kitchen   289582041
Pyrman
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic