Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Users Chit Chat / Conversa entre Utilizadores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhat's happened to the prices?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: What's happened to the prices?
    Posted: 15/September/2016 at 08:34
Searching for accommodation for several weeks, maybe months, this winter I'm seeing far higher prices than last year. We rented a one-bed apartment last year for 100 euros a week and it is now priced at £51 a night! That's a massive increase and we can see it's empty of bookings. We always get a deal when we book for 4 weeks or more but that's a huge gap in price negotiation. It's the same with many apartments. Why....when the pound is lower than last year and there will be less Brits that can afford to holiday. Perhaps other Europeans will book...or the council are on the warpath for unregistered accommodation. Or maybe the prices are lowered once the summery weather in the UK has gone. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links

tonisdad View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/September/2016 at 08:39
People looking for an alternative to several Countries because of safety concerns , Turkey France Greece etc.
That`s my opinion.
tonisdad View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/September/2016 at 08:41
Try OLX.pt if it is long term most of the winter you are looking for.
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/September/2016 at 09:01
I survey prices every month ... and many who drop prices in November have kept them higher due to more bookings coming in ... but the one I use, Quinta Pedra Dos Bicos is back down to £80 per week s/c studio for December ... which is an apartment actually, with aircon heating. It was the same Jan/Feb when I booked months ago .... but, lately, prices have jumped, so more people must be booking mid-winter... we do know many more Americans and Canadians come here now, as well as the `refugees` mentioned above ..

You need to book in winter season, when demand is lower and competition keener ... but Albufeira can`t be more than 30% occupied in winter, so you will find deals if you keep looking in the right places.  Look at my site  www.albufeiraguide.yolasite.com

Pyrman
Richardk View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/September/2016 at 12:18
I have a lovely two bed appt near the Worms roundabout available at £200 per week or £600 per month inc.
Cheers
Richard 935367492
tonisdad View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/September/2016 at 13:35
Just had a troop round for some friends who are looking to stay 13 Octber until 16 November 35 nights these are some of the prices quoted for 1 bedroom apartment:
Ouratlantico 70 euros a night Surprised. Couple of years ago it used to be 27.
Santa Eulalia close on 31 October that was 48 euro a night for the October month went to sister hotel Albufeira Sol which is all inclusive until 1 November so the November dates were 39 euro car park view or 43.50 pool view.
Edificio Coral which is above Coyote bar wanted 1657 euro for full stay.
Eventually got a place through a friend of a friend at Jardins Santa Eulalia for 625 euros plus gas so about 700.
Think some of them are living in wonderland all they will do is price the long term winter Brits out of it as everybody converts back to what it is costing in Sterling so with the exchange rate being down on last year... phew.

tonisdad View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/September/2016 at 13:38
Richard is that all winter months. Can you send exact location, always handy to know of places to rent.....Most of our friends think as we are over here most of the time we are rental apartment hunters. Not that we mind Smile.
PM if you wish.
Cheers.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/September/2016 at 14:28
Originally posted by tonisdad tonisdad wrote:

People looking for an alternative to several Countries because of safety concerns , Turkey France Greece etc.
That`s my opinion.

Yep, I think it's called supply & demand.
Portugal has become very popular and hasn't had it as good as this for several years.
On top of that there's probably an element of "overdue inflation" in this years prices that has been held back in previous years.
The price of Easyjet flights seems to confirm this - only a handful of one way flights are under £50 for the whole of October where we fly from
Even the 1st week in October has several days when the flights are over £100 one way.

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
tonisdad View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/September/2016 at 16:02

[/QUOTE]
The price of Easyjet flights seems to confirm this - only a handful of one way flights are under £50 for the whole of October where we fly from
Even the 1st week in October has several days when the flights are over £100 one way.

[/QUOTE]

Talking of Easyjet Dicey will you give us the heads up please when they release their next batch of flights.
We got a decent deal when you let us know last time.
Wireman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/September/2016 at 16:23
Paul, schedule from the easyjet website:
https://www.easyjet.com/en/schedule-release
Regular Visitor
tonisdad View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/September/2016 at 18:25
Originally posted by Wireman Wireman wrote:

Paul, schedule from the easyjet website:
https://www.easyjet.com/en/schedule-release

Thanks wireman
serrurierparis View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/September/2016 at 12:14
Dan Price decided to pay all 120 employees at least $70000. Grown men cried. Profits soared. Then things got really crazy.
enrique View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/October/2016 at 11:41
Friends of mine are finding there usual holidays in Teneriffe are horrificly high priced now , the solution of course to Spain , Canaries and if the prices keep rising in my favourite place Algarve , then STOP GOING,dont let greed win
enrique View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/October/2016 at 12:03
just booked from 9th Oct to 16th, Brisa Sol , first class £320 self catering , that's good is it not
Gilly View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/October/2016 at 17:16
Been to old town for the past 10yrs in September unfortunately the usual gaff is getting sold so no bookings . I can't belive lots and I mean lots of places already booked!!! Finally found somewhere reasonable, 2 bed 2 bath apartment. Can't imagine how many hrs between us we have spent on the Internet looking! .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic