Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Weather / O Clima
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWeather in Albufeira today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 371372373374375 566>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/July/2016 at 12:04
Last night at 9pm my thermometer said 30.1C. It's hot again today, temperature at 12noon is 30.8C with very dry air, humidity only 44%. Once again it's a bit hazy looking out to sea and there is a noticeable breeze blowing through my open windows.

Forecast today is for a max of 35C. Tonight will be OK at 23C and low humidity. Tomorrow is expecting a high of 37C (99F) then temperatures tumble on Tureday to only 32C daytime, 19C at night.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/July/2016 at 10:50
Another hot day in prospect. Temperature outside at 1040am is 28.2C, humidity 44% so doesn't feel too bad. Clear blue sky and a light breeze. High today forecast as 37C.

Clear sky means a ncie night, as low as 22C perhaps.

Not much change is expected over the next couple of days, daytimes 34 or 35, night-time aroudn 22 - 23.

Outlook for the next ten days is also for little change, daytime temperatures in the mid 30's, night times around 20C, maybe a little lower once or twice.

Albufeira Resident

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/July/2016 at 06:03
Just got up & it's blowing a hoolie this morning.
Had a look outside & there are plastic restaurant tables & chairs all over the place.
IPMA has current wind at 3.6kmph and the BBC has it at 4mph - both readings taken at Faro Airport so presumably it's not windy there, although I find that hard to believe as it must be at least 30kmph here.
Current temperature is 22
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/July/2016 at 08:24
Agreed Dicey - up here in Páteo it was very windy earlier, rattling things around and woke me as well.

It has calmed down a bit now, but there is a still a very noticeable breeze through my open windows. The sea looks quite rough also.

Temperature at 0815am is 25.4C humidity 45%.  Forecast for today is a high of 32C. I think the wind is bringing in pollen and dust from the north as I have the sneezes again this morning.

Tonbight will be another decent one, 22C and low humidty so there will be no problem sleeping if you can open a window. Tomorrow and Thursday we are expecting 33C dayime, 22 or 23 at night.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/July/2016 at 08:55
It's not nearly as windy as yesterday. After a pleasant night, it's starting to warm up quickly towards an expected high of 35C. Temperature at 0845am is 26C, humidity reading 44%. Clear sky.

So, 35C today, tonight could fall as low as 20C. It's still the very dry air from the northg so you won't be sweating if you can open a window.

It could be a little cooler tomorrow, at only 31C, then Friday back up to 34C.

After that temperatures will remain in the high 30's for a  few days. The outlook for this time next week is for 41C, so plan for a siesta in a suitable bar I should think.

That's my last on the spot report for a while as I am soon off to enjoy the delights of summer in Sussex, Kent and south-west France. I hope someone else can poke their head out of the window to tell people what it's like here.
Albufeira Resident

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/July/2016 at 12:17
26 at just gone midday - clear skies and a pleasant breeze.
Max today probably no more than 30 or 31.
Similar is forecast for the next few days with temperatures climbing to maybe 35 for a couple of days before falling back into the high 20's on Monday.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/July/2016 at 10:19
Feels warm this morning - 28 degrees at 10am rising to maybe 33 this afternoon.
Light breeze & clear sky.
Pretty much more of the same over the weekend
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/July/2016 at 09:24
Gorgeous morning - clear sky, virtually no breeze 27 degrees at 9am but feeling a bit fresher this morning than yesterday.
Could see a max of 34 today.
Looks like an identical replay for tomorrow but a bit cooler (29 max) on Monday.
No sign yet of any significant changes for the next 10 days - continuing blue sky, gentle breezes and temperatures between 30 & 36.
Nightime temperatures between 16 & 20.
We're off home on Tuesday & to be quite honest after 5 weeks of almost perfect weather it'll be refreshing to experience something completely different & less predictable.
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/July/2016 at 09:30
Current weather forecast for Norfolk on Tuesday is around 29 degrees so that should ease you back nicely.
Colin
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/July/2016 at 10:33
I was hoping for something a bit cooler. Still, won't have to wait long.

Anyway, currently here it's a re-run of yesterday.
28 just now with a max expected later of 32
No clouds & virtually no wind.
It won't go lower than 23 tonight.

Looks like being a few clouds around tomorrow and a max of 27 or 28.
Back to normal after that with temperatures in the mid 30's for the foreseeable future
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/July/2016 at 10:23
Currently 26 degrees at 10am
Clear skies, a light breeze and no sign yet of the clouds anticipated in yesterdays forecast although IPMA are still saying "part cloudy" all day.
Max today no more than 30.

Tomorrows forecast says "sunny intervals" and a max of 33 which is about the same as North Norfolk will be tomorrow.
Out of the frying pan & into the fire  Smile
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/July/2016 at 07:18
Don't know how yesterday turned out but it was cloudy when we left early yesterday morning. There were even a few spots of rain on the windscreen when we were on the motorway near Loule just after 7.30am.

Anyway, good journey home, waltzed through Faro Airport in 10 minutes, no flight delays but the plane (Easyjet to Southend) had loads of empty seats - no more than two thirds full.
The back half was fairly full but there were 8 rows of 3 seats completely empty in the front half plus loads of other rows with only 1 or 2 people in them.

Suggests that not many people are paying extra for seats because if you do they usually choose the front first.

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/July/2016 at 16:57
Just had a sneak at IPMA - 41 being forecast for next weekend. Phew!
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/July/2016 at 09:07
Jeeezzzz...
IPMA now saying 42 and 43 next Sunday and Monday, the air con's going to take a belting!
Andrew
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/July/2016 at 10:06
So they've now scaled it back by some 10 degrees - only forecasting a decidedly chilly 31/32  Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 371372373374375 566>
  Share Topic