Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Weather / O Clima
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWeather in Albufeira today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 361362363364365 566>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/May/2016 at 11:34
Sunny once again. Eyes twitching and sore! Sneezy time as well. I like some rain!

Temperature at 1130am is 24.3C, air dry as a bone at 37% humidity. Blue skies overhead, just a little hazy out to sea, with a light breeze.

We could see 27C later today, but clouds will start to arrive during the evening. Tonight around 16C.

Those clouds will bring periods of light rain for tomorrow, perhaps some quite long spells. Temperature though still 24C. Thursday's forecast has been toned down to showers with sunny spells and 20C.

But the present forecast puts us in a flow of damp air from the south-west for the rest of the week and beyond, with rain and showers likely every day. Temperatures over the weekend could be as low as 18C.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/May/2016 at 08:56
Cool, cloudy and windy, a shower has passed by. Dark clouds on the horizon, heading west. The radar shows a series of showers coming our way.

Temperature at 0855am is 19.7C. we might get 22C later. The showers will clear away later and there might be the odd bit of sun during the later afternoon. Tonight will be warm and damp maybe no lower than 19C.

Thursday and Friday will be a mix of sunshine and showers, temperatures around the 20C mark in daytime, 15 or 16 at night in a damp airflow from the south and south west.

There could be some heavy rain on Saturday followed by several more showery days.

Albufeira Resident

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/May/2016 at 10:17
And the Portugal News, picked up at the airport, says cloudless blue skies, temps in low 30's all week, pah! What do they know?
Andrew
A9NDY View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/May/2016 at 14:45
It turned out to be nice day after a poor start .... few people on the beach a little breezy but its nice enough to have a walk about without getting hot and bothered ☺
Patti View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/May/2016 at 15:20
We've just just had a fab 8 days in Albudeira, that's two years in a row we've been at end of April and had great weather, gonna book.for next year,
Can I ask people who live there would that be typical of weather at end April ? I know weather is unpredictable but generally ?
bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/May/2016 at 16:34
Patti, very hard to say really. It can be hit and miss between November and April but will nearly always be much much better than the UK. I know someone that got mild sun stroke in December and Northern Europeans can be found on the beach all through the winter months. I personally love the winter months as its so mild compared to where I come from.
we're not brazil we're norn iron
Patti View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/May/2016 at 17:06
Yea , thanks bob d - I don't like it too hot anyway so June July August would be totally out for me , I think we both come from NI - not known for its warm climate ! Lol
So I'll take my chances on late April
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/May/2016 at 07:34
Well, I appreciate this is early and it can change quickly but at the mo, not a breath of breeze, absolutley dead still, already 18 degree's but quite cloudy. There is blue sky to be seen also so who knows, it's certainly more promising than what was forecast, all being well, low to mid twenty's later with a bit of luck, fingers crossed!
Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/May/2016 at 11:21
Down Old Town at mo and we've just had a cracking 20 minute thunder storm, clearing again now and not cold.
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/May/2016 at 11:35
Yes a very hefty shower has just passed from east to west, with a huge bolt of lightning and crack of thunder thrown in. It's still raining a little, sky is obscured. The radar has a few more showers to the south, it looks like they might miss us and pass further to the west.

Temperature at 1130am is 17.8C. We might have 20C if the sun comes out later.

It won't be too bad tonight, 16C, then tomorrow is going to be another showery day  with 20C. Saturday is not going to be very nice at all, forecast is for long periods of heavy rain, 19C at best down to 13 at night.
Albufeira Resident

nazza1968 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/May/2016 at 17:20
lovely and sunny ATM, sat on the balcony @ Hotel Almar
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/May/2016 at 18:16
Nice for a couple of hours but gone very dark again now
More chuva on the way
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/May/2016 at 08:49
Same as yesterday at mo, dead still no movement at all, quite mild 18 degrees but totally clouded over. We also know what happened yesterday!

Saturday. Anybody heard any warnings/forecasts? A near neighbour says there are flash floods forecast for the evening with as much as 2" of rain in two hours! I can't find anything like this on the net but given that's a higher rate than the 4" in ten hours last November I am a little concerned. Anybody anything?
Andrew
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/May/2016 at 10:00
Just started raining here this morning.
The IPMA forecast says intermittent heavy rain for Saturday pm.
Yellow warning issued

Doesn't look to clever for next week either from what I saw on BBC TV this morning- rain every day until next Friday
If you're coming over best bring a Mac
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/May/2016 at 11:26
It is fairly nasty out there. I had to go out early this morning to buy a new keyboard, without which I would not be typing this. It's raining steadily from low grey cloud. Temperature at 11.10am is 16.4C, there's just a slight wind.

The weather is coming from the south west, the radar shows a bit more rain to come but gradually fading as the day goes on. We might get a glimpse of sun later, max temperature 19C.

Tomorrow looks like being not nice as at all Dicey says. Heavy rain, 18C at best. The rain will ease off but showers will last into Sunday. Then it looks like we are going to have a fairly cool and wet week ahead.

Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 361362363364365 566>
  Share Topic