Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Weather / O Clima
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWeather in Albufeira today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 405406407408409 566>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/August/2017 at 09:46

Same as… other than the breeze being a little more constant this morning, and it’s very welcome, it’s as we were.

Not a cloud in the sky, 26 degrees at 9.30 and IPMA forecasting 36 for later, scorchio.

Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/August/2017 at 09:38
And again.. slight and very welcome breeze, some cloud/mist high up and out to sea which will surely get burnt off pretty soon, otherwise clear skies and full sun, 25 degrees at moment with 37 forecast.
Yesterday at 5.00pm we had 41! That's the Algarve in August, hot, very hot!
Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/August/2017 at 09:24

Well, IPMA got it wrong yesterday, the other way. They had predicted 37 but the peak for us was 31 and most of the afternoon was 29/30, I have to say, very welcome, very comfortable.

Today, a light breeze, some cloud but still bright and sunny, currently 24 degree’s and 34 forecast, I hope though that it doesn’t get that high, 28/29 is much more palatable and that’s what is forecast for the next few days, maybe the peak of August temperatures is now past, we’ll see. Off now to enjoy another day in paradise!

Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/August/2017 at 07:01

Yesterday was very pleasant, 31 was the order of the afternoon and I thought the forecasters had over called it, until about 5.00pm when it suddenly went ballistic and even at at 6.30pm we had 36!

Through the night we’ve had quite some wind which is puffing and blowing about now, it’s early but we also have some cloud, it’s much more unsettled than the past week or so. Currently 20 degree’s, 31 forecast but with this wind, will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/August/2017 at 09:10
Left a bright, breezy and not too warm Lisbon 40 minutes ago heading back to I hope a sunny and warm Albufeira.

Today's temperature, according to IPMA website, is heading for 30ºC but also a yellow warning is posted for wind gusts up to 75kph.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/August/2017 at 10:05

Yesterday the wind dropped back to the usual light breeze before lunch and it got very warm, as is normally the case exceeding IPMA’s revised forecast and peaking at 35.

Today looks to be cooler than of late, I hope that's not Tom bringing it back with him, just 29 forecast but I think that’s low, the wind is back but we still have totally clear skies and full sunshine… not much change really, not much difference to report but a few degree's cooler for the next week than the past one!

Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/August/2017 at 18:39

Sorry to rub it in for those posting under “British weather” but… it is still glorious here. Seems to have settled back into the low thirties, as opposed to the high thirties of last week.

IPMA revise their forecasts twice a day, initially for today they said a high of 29 which they revised to 30, it was above that (as is more often the case than not), our thermometer said 33 the neighbour 34 and the chemist 35, I believe ours is nearer the mark but what the humidity is I don’t know but it made it feel like a hot 33, if you get my drift.

Still a slight and consistent, and very welcome, breeze. Not a cloud in sight, still full sun and hot, we don’t want to leave the garden but are starting to think about dining. Our thermometer, well in the shade, currently says it’s still 30 degree’s, and that’s at twenty five to seven!

Long may it continue.

Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/August/2017 at 09:04

Much fresher and cooler this morning, and through the night, currently 20 degree’s, an impressive 32 forecast for later (so likely a bit more). Clear skies, there is some fuzz way out to sea which will likely get burnt off, a lighter breeze than of late… happy days.

Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/August/2017 at 09:10
I concur! Service is resumed. At 7am it was 20.7ºC out the back here in Páteo, two hours later it is 22.1, the sun is just showing above neighbouring buildings and warming things up.

IPMA reckons on 33ºC today, I am off to restock the larder before it gets too hot. It's a dry wind from the north east, I am actually feeling a bit hay fevery twitchy.

As Andrew says, clear skies with a haze out on the horizon, gentle breeze wafting fore and aft.

PS most of the region's inland areas are on maximum alert for fire risk.
Albufeira Resident

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/August/2017 at 09:44

Anorak time!

In the past few minutes the planes into Faro have switched to the easterly approach, ie. they are now going in from the West and therefore going over Albufeira. This is pretty much the exception, I’d say 90% of the time they go in, and out, the other way. This is obviously dictated by wind direction and what I have noticed over the years, is that it tends to be hotter when they go in this way, when the wind must be predominately from the eastern side of the compass. We will see and of course the wind can change direction in a second. This is the first time though since we arrived, a week ago Tuesday, they have gone in on an Easterly. Interesting to watch.

Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/August/2017 at 14:00
just before 1400hrs and only 27ºc, hot enough though. Forecast was for 33.

Faro Airport currently shows a 13knot wind from the south east.

Corendon Airways CD410 passed over Albufeira a few minutes ago and is just landing.

Saddos go to https://www.flightradar24.com/37.01,-7.97/8 and you can watch the tracks. 
Albufeira Resident

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/August/2017 at 08:59
Well there's a change, no breeze at all, dead still.
Usual fuzz out to sea to burn off otherwise not a thing in the sky to see but blueness, sun starting to do his stuff, currently 22 degree's , 32 forecast for later.
Yesterday we only made 30 so, unusually, IPMA overcalled it. I have a feeling, with no breeze, they won't have over called it today.
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/August/2017 at 09:43
Yestreday wasn't quite as hot as forecast, but I think it will be today. Temperature here in Páteo at 0940am is 26.2C. It's also more humid than yesterday. It is indeed slightly hazy out to sea, blue sky overhead. I can feel just a slight breeze coming through the front window.

Official forecast is for 32ºC today. Looks like there will be a shift in the wind direction over the weekend, bringing some cloud not temperatures will stay around 32 or 33, night-times could be slightly warmer than they have been. From Monday it's back to the north wind, hot, dry days, cooler nights under clear sky.
Albufeira Resident

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/August/2017 at 08:44
Same as. Again yesterday it didn't quite make the forecast 33 topping out at 31.

This morning, very still, no cloud, full blue sky and sun, 32 forecast. That's also pretty much the forecast for next ten days with just a single digit variation on the temp.

That's the Algarve in August I guess.
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/August/2017 at 09:15
Yes, also here in Páteo the max yesterday was 31ºC and on that basis we should be there or thereabouts this afternoon. Temperature at 0910 is 26.4ºC, dry air still humidity just 42%.

Clear blue sky, just a little breeze gently ruffling the leaves of the trees opposite. My nose is feeling twitchy, signs of hayfevery type things in the air.

As Andrew says, little change forecast for the next ten days.

Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 405406407408409 566>
  Share Topic