Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Algarve Foreign Residents / Residentes Estrangeiros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK TV SATELLITE ISSUES

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 39404142>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/December/2016 at 16:39
Might be preaching to the converted but whilst in Portugal recently I bought a Lenovo tablet that runs Android.
Managed to figure out how to watch BBC, ITV, C4 etc and BBC and C4 iPlayers.
Easily done by installing the Touch VPN App which is completely free from the Google App Store and works like a dream.

However, couldn't get the sports streaming sites to work as Android doesn't support Flash Player.
Have done a bit of research since I've been home to see if I could find a away round this.
Stumbled across an absolute cracking App this afternoon that gives you more sports channels than you can shake a stick at.
All the usual UK ones, American, European and even Portuguese Sport TV.
It also has hundreds of non sport channels too.
The picture quality is really excellent - it is far better than Cricfree, Wiz1 or any of the other well known streaming websites.
It is entirely free but you can upgrade to block adverts and download streams.
It's not in the Google App Store but you will find it here - https://www.mobdro.com/
Copy that into your tablet browser and away you go.
You have to jiggle a couple of things before you can install it but it's dead easy to set up.
Click on How To Install on the page above or follow this link - https://www.mobdro.com/installation

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/December/2016 at 21:30
Thanks for that Dicey. I too have just bought a Lenovo Tab 3 , might try the mobdro site. Has yours got the  McAfee security app enabled, mine has,  and  just wondering if that would stop it from working? Just trying to work my way around the thing as never had a tablet before, so used to  the easy peasy iphone.
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/December/2016 at 05:46
Mine had McAfee in it when I bought it but I uninstalled that and replaced it with AVG Antivirus.
It doesn't block it.
Note - after installing it, don't forget to go back into your tablet settings and "disable unknown sources"

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/December/2016 at 09:54
Mobdro is prone to suddenly crashing, without warning but otherwise seems to provide a decent picture with no buffering. It does of course depend on having a good and stable internet connection.

Cricfree is appalling!
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/December/2016 at 10:15
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

Cricfree is appalling!

If you have Adblock Plus installed in your browser and then follow the instructions on this video it works fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vXisGGOtbM
bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/December/2016 at 15:34
Mobdro works fine on my android box, in fact I'm watching it right now although was unable to get BT sports for the footy last night.
we're not brazil we're norn iron
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/December/2016 at 09:25
Originally posted by DICEYUK DICEYUK wrote:

Cricfree is appalling!

If you have Adblock Plus installed in your browser and then follow the instructions on this video it works fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vXisGGOtbM

I will try it again for the next Test match tomorrow in India, if I can bear to watch that is!

I did find a very good stream of Sky Sports coverage at http://www.livecricketz.net/ but last time they were only broadcasting the Star India version, where there is a commercial after almost every ball is bowled.  Same commentary but highly annoying.
Albufeira Resident

Betsian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Betsian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/December/2016 at 19:10
Install adguard on the tablet also, to stop the annoying adverts. 
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/December/2016 at 11:05
I've been watching Sky cricket coverage at http://cdn06.1live.tv/sky-sports-2-live-streaming.php without any problem at all once I turned off the annoying chat room and clicks. What morons!

Going to work on the thought above once the session has finished any moment now. I have Adblock on all my browsers. Will come in useful for watching the darts later.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/December/2016 at 12:02
Ref Dicey's post of 14 December - there is an updated version of this for Firefox issued a few days ago. Cricfree had found a way to re-block the previous version!

The text for the additional filters is showsn below the video output.

Works OK but not on all streams I tried.  Filter rules may need tightening up.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/December/2016 at 12:04
Ref Dicey's post of 14 December - there is an updated version of this for Firefox issued a few days ago. Cricfree had found a way to re-block the previous version!

The text for the additional filters is shown below the video output.

Works OK but not on all streams I tried.  Filter rules may need tightening up.
Albufeira Resident

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/December/2016 at 18:09
Just checked on my PC and can't see anything different

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/December/2016 at 10:42
It seems that the additional code is required for some of the services.

Anyway, I am watching the cricket (unfortunately) on the other service I mentioned, no ads at all and with Chrome.
Albufeira Resident

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/December/2016 at 13:27

Thanks for that and I've done it
tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/December/2016 at 18:12
Thought I was struggling with cricfree at the weekend when I was trying to watch Boro beat Swansea thought it was my PC thanks for the tips.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 39404142>
  Share Topic