Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Users Chit Chat / Conversa entre Utilizadores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThis could be a problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: This could be a problem
    Posted: 09/December/2016 at 09:59

Just read this in my e-mail copy of the paper.  Whilst it is a problem of troublesome tourists it seems extreme measure .

http://www.theportugalnews.com/news/neighbours-block-tourism-rentals/40417
Sponsored Links

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/December/2016 at 13:36
Problem for whom?

Several apartments in blocks near mine are rented to noisy tourists and there is nothing I can do about it.  I can see the logic, if you are effectively running a business in a residential block it can be a nuisance, just as much as noisy neighbours like those who had a party earlier this week out the back from me that ended at 530am.

I await with interest the first such case here in Albufeira! Perhaps it will give us leeway to get injunctions against people who own dogs that bark all day and all night!
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
ClaireKildare View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/December/2016 at 13:55
Residents in Dublin City Centre are having a similar problem with AirBnB lets. They brought it to Planning Appeals Board who upheld their complaint that it owners needed to apply for change in Planning Permission;

"A source familiar with planning issues said: “What is likely to happen now is that, imagine you are a neighbour [of a similar holiday letting] tired of people having parties next door and you thought there was nothing you could do about it. Now you can make a complaint [testing the regulations].”
Property owners on the receiving end of such a decision could either apply for the appropriate planning permission, cease letting or carry on and face potential enforcement action taken by local authorities.
Crucially, the ruling does not stipulate that Airbnb lettings require planning permission, but it does open the door for case-specific challenges".

Our Apartment Building in Albufeira is 80% residential, I hope it stays that way!!
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/December/2016 at 23:57
Yes read about that topic
today in Portugalnews
http://theportugalnews.com/news/neighbours-block-tourism-rentals/40417
Can understand to a point, some tourist don't give a sh*t, are noisy goodstyle  and only care about themselves and not their environment.
Did you see the one comment about barking dogs,Worn the tee-shirt, been there, our neighbours down the lane  had outside dogs who barked constantly until the early hours of morning grrrrrrr, we kinda got used to it in the end but it's so annoying. The GNR will turn out when you complain, note everything, persons are warned  but then after that   nothing is done about it, same old same old, losing battle 

BTW how long does  the alojamento license  last after applying , is it lifetime or is there  a limit on it. If a limit I can see many properties  when license expires having their renewal refused or many many questions asked..
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
stuart123 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/December/2016 at 23:05
I don't think the AL expires (although suspect it could be revoked)

Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/December/2016 at 21:06
Yes Stuart you are correct about the AL, I was getting it mixed up with an  Energy Certificate for the property which lasts 10yrs.
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
Biggunspaul View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/December/2016 at 21:51
Originally posted by Jayjan Jayjan wrote:

Yes read about that topic
today in Portugalnews
http://theportugalnews.com/news/neighbours-block-tourism-rentals/40417
Can understand to a point, some tourist don't give a sh*t, are noisy goodstyle  and only care about themselves and not their environment.
Did you see the one comment about barking dogs,Worn the tee-shirt, been there, our neighbours down the lane  had outside dogs who barked constantly until the early hours of morning grrrrrrr, we kinda got used to it in the end but it's so annoying. The GNR will turn out when you complain, note everything, persons are warned  but then after that   nothing is done about it, same old same old, losing battle 

BTW how long does  the alojamento license  last after applying , is it lifetime or is there  a limit on it. If a limit I can see many properties  when license expires having their renewal refused or many many questions asked..

Yes what is it about Portugal and dogs,every villa we have stayed at bar 1 has neighbors/close vicinity that have had shed loads of dogs,all are vicious and just spend the whole night barking,and yet the owners just don't seem to care less.

Yet I never see any of these dogs being taken for a walk.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/December/2016 at 09:15
Originally posted by Biggunspaul Biggunspaul wrote:

Yet I never see any of these dogs being taken for a walk.

They're too knackered from barking
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic