Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Finding work in Albufeira / Trabalhar em Albufeira
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSinger still looking for work!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Singer still looking for work!
    Posted: 28/February/2012 at 16:12
Eh up folks, its me again, I have managed to get a couple of nights work for this summer, but could do with at least three more, if anyone knows of any bar or hotel that might need a singer, could you let me know? I have been working as a singer for over twenty years now, singing in holiday camps, pubs, clubs, and spent last year working between Albufeira and Vila moura, I managed to get to the second day of boot camp on the x factor a few years ago and provided the entertainment at Sinead O connors wedding reception, if anyone can help, please feel free to contact me, I'd love to come back to Albufeira, many thanks!
The sun, the food, the wine , the people, why did I ever leave!
Sponsored Links

john2604smith View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/February/2012 at 18:07
I know Jason, who has taken over O' Tunnel Restaraunt/bar , next to Steps bar was on about booking live music, might be worth a punt, good luck !
ownersdirect P3708
J2me View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/February/2012 at 23:06
You might give Vertigo a shot too. Up to date music only. It's in the main square.

Sir Harry's, up a few doors are inclined towards guitar/key board players who can play up to a smaller crowd over several hours.

There was a couple of new bars last year that had big TV's to attract punters but if they had a live act, they would have done much better. Located between Bank and taxi-rank - which is a great spot.

Also along that stretch is a long time favourite stop of ours (more for convenience I suppose), Gambrinius - which has exits to both bar street and to the street with the taxi rank. A great location that had some live music last year but from what I could see, they did not maximise on it at all.

Finally, there is a row of shops and a bar or two in a street behind all the expensive restaurants overlooking the sand sculptures. One of those bars had a two piece band playing just at their entrance a few years ago and they attracted a lot of punters because there was no competition close-by at the time. I think that can be repeated again, attracting customers from 9.30pm or so, an early start but that is the point, most the others start later and there is a market for those who eat a tad earlier.
JulieC View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/February/2012 at 23:30
The bar (Dog and Duck) in Vila Gale Cerro Alagoa could do with some decent entertainment.  It's such a shame as its a very big British style pub/bar with very low key entertainment and, no people.  Could be the entertainment (or lack of) that puts people off - its worth a try. 

julie
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/February/2012 at 23:49
Although in new town area maybe try Clube Praia da Oura, they always have a full nightly entertainment programme for holidaymakers on the resort. Might be worth a shot in  giving petcheyleisure in UK  who owns the resort a ring.
0856kit View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/February/2012 at 00:51
Cheers folks!
0856kit View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/February/2012 at 08:36
Could any of you obtain phone numbers for any of these bars and pm them to me with the name of the owners, I have tried to google their info, but with no joy, thanks for your help!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic