Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Algarve Foreign Residents / Residentes Estrangeiros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rental licence

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/April/2015 at 11:28
This page contains links to the various presentations made at a big seminar in Tavira last week and will prove useful to those of you grappling with the new requirements.

http://www.safecommunitiesalgarve.com/crime-prevention-advice/property/

They are at the bottom of the list.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Super Bock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super Bock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/April/2015 at 20:31
Hi do you need this licence even for long term rentals ie 6 months?
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/April/2015 at 20:45
I would imagine so as the bottom line is collection of tax on money earnt.
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/April/2015 at 20:54
http://algarve.angloinfo.com/information/lifestyle/local-tourism/rules-on-renting-out-holiday-accommodation/

might help + another link at bottom of article
bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/April/2015 at 22:23
Super Bock - yes you do.
we're not brazil we're norn iron
Super Bock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super Bock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/April/2015 at 06:56
Thanks we were thinking of renting our apartment out over the winter as we don't come out as often now due to flight availability
jkapatel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkapatel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/April/2015 at 09:44
I have a rental licence that was issued in May 2009. Is it still valid under the new rules or do I need to get a new one issued.
Thanks for your help.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/April/2015 at 11:12
Originally posted by jkapatel jkapatel wrote:

I have a rental licence that was issued in May 2009. Is it still valid under the new rules or do I need to get a new one issued.
Thanks for your help.

Probably not valid since you won't be registered in the new system. To be sure, contact the official body mentioned in the previous posts.

http://algarve.angloinfo.com/information/lifestyle/local-tourism/rules-on-renting-out-holiday-accommodation/
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
jkapatel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkapatel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/May/2015 at 09:48
Thanks. Will check it out.
wendyhsmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wendyhsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/June/2015 at 10:19
What penalties are involved for non compliance with this regulation? Any person who encourages or facilitates non-compliance in any way is subject to punishment with imprisonment from 1 to 4 years. 

If any crimes are committed by those foreign citizens causing inhumane and degrading conditions, endangering life, causing serious harm to body or death, the establishment owner shall be punished with imprisonment of 2-8 years.  Financial penalties: For failure to register foreign nationals within 3 days through SIBA or through local authorities (where SIBA is not available - restrictions apply), a minimum fine of €100.00 to €2,000,00 may be incurred depending on the number of offenses committed. Fines may be increased under the conditions of Fundamental Law on Offences (Decree-Law No. 433/82 of 27 October). Any further criminal or administrative offences may incur additional penalties (including forfeiture of assets and other limitations).

Imprisonment for 1-4 years? Crikey. Surely not....
Minimum fine of €100,000. You what?
alan&alice View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alan&alice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/July/2015 at 05:18
Hi folks,any ideas on what happens if you have no rental income in portugal but are registered?
any income that will possibly be recieved by us will be in the uk(in theory declared to uk ir) ;-).
thanks
http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/albufeira/481652
Richardk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/July/2015 at 08:17
Hi Alan & Alice
You need to pay tax in Portugal first then pay any extra that may be due in UK.
This is because the asset is in Portugal but at least you offset Portuguese tax against your UK tax.
I would take full advice as the costs of getting it wrong are increasing
Norm55 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norm55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/July/2015 at 08:32
Bit confused by last two posts.   I have rental properties in UK and complete on line tax return here. For my Portugal property i have an accountant as noted above.

Portuguese income appears in my UK account but HMRC would not be in interested as i can account for it as a tax payer in Portugal
If you have no income in Portugal why pay tax over thare?
Apologies iff got it wrong

Also one thing i have not got my head round yet is NI contributions    I am not in receipt of UK pension but nor do i now pay NI contributions ( i am 60 this year, have paid enough). Been told have to either start paying them or pay in Portugal
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/July/2015 at 12:07
Who told you that Norm?
Norm55 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norm55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/July/2015 at 12:24
Which bit did you refer to AD?   
My accountant in Portimao told me about NI stuff     As regards taxable income as eu countries we have a reciprocal agreement with Portugal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic