Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Algarve Foreign Residents / Residentes Estrangeiros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedProperty purchase

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Regular
Regular

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Property purchase
    Posted: 15/June/2016 at 18:19
Hi all

After the deeds have been signed what is the average length of time to completion date? Also, I'm buying a "second hand" house, so would solicitor hold the keys and we'd then pick them up on completion?

Thank you in advance.
Sponsored Links

stuart123 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/June/2016 at 18:21
Why not ask the solicitor?

Normally once the deed is signed by the notary, the property is yours.
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/June/2016 at 19:27
Stuart is correct. There may be exceptions, but we've bought 3 properties and all completed and ours once the deeds signed.
sidsmum View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/June/2016 at 19:37
Animallover, I had these sort of questions going round in my head, this time last year!

Once the deed was signed, we thought we would go to the estate agent & collect the keys - but the estate agent came to our solicitors office, with the keys, and the Portuguese family who sold the property!
We all headed to the apartment, had a few beers that were left in the fridge. Then the family showed me how the washing machine/dish washer/oven & hob etc all worked!!!
Not sure if this is standard procedure!!!
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/June/2016 at 20:26
Haha! We had similar with owner coming to house to collect last things. Then didn't have room for his dogs so we said leave in unfurnished house as were going to sleep in the annex on a bed we were fetching later. Then got very pissed and bitten to sh*te by mossies and ended up foolishly driving 10km back to old flat! Anyway, owner fetches dogs the next day and some chickens and a few more bits. Couple of days later I am out with the video camera making a movie to send to family in UK and when I get to the old chicken pens - there's still one there!! All the surprise caught on tape - I know I have it somewhere as my reaction is priceless. Couple of years later old owners pitch up and ask to see all the changes we said we were doing!  Mad!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic