IMI 2016 (i.e. payable April 2017)

Printed From: Albufeira.com
Category: Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira
Forum Name: Algarve Foreign Residents / Residentes Estrangeiros
Forum Description: Meeting Point / Ponto de Encontro
URL: https://albufeira.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9762
Printed Date: 26/April/2024 at 01:48
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 10.15 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: IMI 2016 (i.e. payable April 2017)
Posted By: DICEYUK
Subject: IMI 2016 (i.e. payable April 2017)
Date Posted: 17/March/2017 at 10:23
Ours is showing on the Financas website this morning
The amount is 105.32 Euro (each).
Last year (2015) it was 122.87 Euro (each) so that's a total reduction of 35.10 Euro for the 2 of us.
We only make one payment per year (April)

-------------
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.

Replies:
Posted By: Wireman
Date Posted: 17/March/2017 at 13:16
Dicey, on the face of it you could say happy days, but why would a council that in the recent past has alluded to lack of funds as well as evidence of poor road and pavement quality, instill a 14% reduction in council tax. Madness.

-------------
Regular Visitor

Date Posted: 17/March/2017 at 13:18
I think the answer is "this is Portugal"

-------------
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.

Posted By: bob d
Date Posted: 17/March/2017 at 14:32
Yep, 2nd reduction in 2 years.

-------------
we're not brazil we're norn iron

Posted By: pyrman
Date Posted: 18/March/2017 at 11:05
The reason for the reductions ... and for all the work and plans going on right now ... is that the Camara and Lisboa are rolling in new cash ... two years ago it was the third biggest tax haul in Portugal after the two big cities, prompting Passos Coelho to publicly thank UK, Irish, Dutch and German visitors for propping up his country. Since then, everybody .. his dog ... and cat ... is coming here ...

-------------
Pyrman

Posted By: Jock
Date Posted: 19/March/2017 at 10:36
So tax collection is improving. Glad to hear it. Services, road maintenance etc. have to be paid for. Greece could learn from this.

-------------
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams

Posted By: cubsur
Date Posted: 19/March/2017 at 11:08
The new administration has also reduced the water bills, introduced free bus rides for pensioners on Saturdays and presumably not only improved tax collection but also cut costs to balance the books, unlike the other lot.

Haven't seen my bill yet. Computer crash wiped out password files incl Finanças, had to ask for another one.

-------------
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve

Date Posted: 20/March/2017 at 13:24
The wife's bill has just arrived in the post at our UK address - she always gets hers first & mine usually comes about a week later

-------------

Posted By: stuart123
Date Posted: 29/March/2017 at 21:14
Just had this years IMI tax bills (half year) through for payment in April.

Its gone up by 300 euro a year Angry

Posted By: peteknopp
Date Posted: 29/March/2017 at 22:43
What size property and was is unrated before? We pay 310 for 270sqm villa with 3200sqm land near Loule

-------------

Posted By: Algarveaddick
Date Posted: 30/March/2017 at 10:33
At the risk of sounding like someone else on this forum [ smiley winky thing ] ours has dropped again. Over the past couple of years it's dropped by a total of about €400 a year all told - we pay for apartment and bar - maybe worth paying €50 to get your solicitor to check it over and have a word at the financias, Stuart?

-------------
Go away Duchatalet

Posted By: bob d
Date Posted: 30/March/2017 at 11:24
Has to be a mistake Stuart.
As Algarveaddick has stated, it's the 2nd year in a row there has been a reduction, unless you have a million pound mansion.
Are you sure it's not changed from twice a year to once a year?
Maybe it's you and wife altogether this year? (that is if the property is in joint names)

-------------
we're not brazil we're norn iron

Posted By: stuart123
Date Posted: 01/April/2017 at 10:18
I've a 100m2 apartment in the marina!

The property is rated at 146,788 euro, which means my wife and I get a split of 220.18 euro each.

Last year was 128.45 each (x4 payments)

Although, you may be right, I'll check if its moved to a single yearly payment, last year it was two payments.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.15 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2012 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk