Print Page | Close Window

N125 roadworks

Printed From: Albufeira.com
Category: Tourism / Turismo
Forum Name: Users Chit Chat / Conversa entre Utilizadores
Forum Description: Topic area unrelated to Albufeira / Área de Tópicos não relacionados com Albufeira
URL: https://albufeira.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9381
Printed Date: 28/April/2024 at 13:48
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 10.15 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: N125 roadworks
Posted By: malagabob
Subject: N125 roadworks
Date Posted: 21/April/2016 at 10:06
Can I have an update please. Is it finished still ongoing TIA

-------------
Never put off something that you could do today

Replies:
Posted By: peteknopp
Date Posted: 21/April/2016 at 10:55
From Almancil to the Kadoc turnoff it's pretty much done except for a few weird bits which have been skimmed but not resurfaced. No traffic lights for last 10 days. New roundabout going in about 1km west of quatro estradas so that'll be 2 new roundabout between Almancil and fonte de boliqueime. Most of drainage work complete and bus stops now getting big terraces!

-------------

Date Posted: 21/April/2016 at 12:27
Update. last night it was voted to abolish the tolls but I cant find a date for this being finalised.

-------------

Posted By: Andrew
Date Posted: 21/April/2016 at 13:41
On the motorway Pete?

-------------
Andrew

Posted By: cubsur
Date Posted: 21/April/2016 at 13:45
A lot of work still going on in the centre of Lagoa, at a snail's pace. The traffic lights in the centre of town by the bus station have been replaced by an as yet unfinished roundabout. Little effect on traffic however.

A bit further on towards Portimão past Slide 'n' Splash where the two roads join there is some roadside work, burying cables etc, but again that doesn't seem to be affecting traffic.

And some big work near Lagos is due to be concluded at the end of June.

As for tolls being suspended or abolished, you would think it would be headline news but I cannot find a word about it anywhere.

-------------
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve

Date Posted: 21/April/2016 at 15:23
So it looks like I will be OK travel from airport to Kadoc Maritenda 526 turn off then

-------------

Date Posted: 21/April/2016 at 16:08
yes Bob. Sorry, news was a fb link and just checked the date 1.4.16.

-------------

Posted By: Algarveaddick
Date Posted: 21/April/2016 at 16:09
Just been to Faro using that very route Bob. No real hold ups - take care around the first Almancil turn off after Trota - the road layout has changed a bit while they are sorting out the slip road for the new route to the Ikea they are building.

Fonte de Boliqueme is still a right mess where they are putting in the roundabout - but that won't concern you.

The other roundabout that Pete mentions - no idea why that is even there, it goes nowhere. The road on the southern side disappears off between two buildings that are one lane apart, the other side they are doing some work, but as far as I can see all there is are a few villas on the hillside, most peculiar? Unless the buildings I mention are going to be demolished and a new way into Vilamoura constructed?       

Posted By: cubsur
Date Posted: 22/April/2016 at 11:08
Look out for traffic jams from April 2017 onwards when IKEA opens. I spotted the article below which says the new complex will be called MAR Shopping and will have 220 shops.

Vast car parks, no access by public transport of course.

http://www.regiao-sul.pt/noticia.php?refnoticia=159531" rel="nofollow - http://www.regiao-sul.pt/noticia.php?refnoticia=159531

-------------
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve

Date Posted: 22/April/2016 at 15:44
Thanks for that. Just another query. Am hiring an Avis car, and the compound is at the far end of the airport. Just been looking on Google Earth to familiarise myself the return route which goes past the entrance to P2 . But it looks like it's undergoing resurfacing. Is this completed?

-------------

Date Posted: 22/April/2016 at 15:59
Inaugurar de verao 2017 opening summer 2017 Tom. Is that right.

-------------

Date Posted: 22/April/2016 at 16:22
yes opening next year. Surely the google earth you looked at is not a live picture but likely up to 4 years old? I am sure you will be able to exit the airport without any bother!

-------------

Date Posted: 23/April/2016 at 08:19
Pete. My google earth shows 2016 at the bottom, and the road layout at the last roundabout on exiting airport looks like it as I remember it .
I was more interested on route dropping car back off. TIA

-------------

Posted By: DICEYUK
Date Posted: 23/April/2016 at 09:16
Google Earth for the Algarve is definitely not 2016, or 2015 or 2014. More like 2012 or earlier.
I look at it round here & new buildings that were started 3 years ago are not yet on it.
Looking at where I live in the UK the satellite view has the same 2016 reference on it at the bottom but the view shows a large factory complex, still there in all it's glory, when in fact it was completely demolished in 2008.
Streetview is more up to date but not in all areas and it actually has the date on it
e.g "Image capture Dec 14".

-------------
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.

Date Posted: 23/April/2016 at 11:45
Not sure whether it's streetview or Google earth, but one of them is bang up to date in our street. It was recorded and uploaded within a day or so a few weeks back. We know because a long stay couple we know are on it; they had bought a new suitcase on the Sunday, and by Tuesday or Wednesday there they were with the suitcase just about to go into their flat on streetview (or G. Earth)...   

Date Posted: 23/April/2016 at 11:53
Originally posted by Algarveaddick Algarveaddick wrote:

Not sure whether it's streetview or Google earth, but one of them is bang up to date in our street. It was recorded and uploaded within a day or so a few weeks back. We know because a long stay couple we know are on it; they had bought a new suitcase on the Sunday, and by Tuesday or Wednesday there they were with the suitcase just about to go into their flat on streetview (or G. Earth)...   

You'ld be hard pushed to see that much detail on Google Earth but on Streetview you could

-------------
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.

Date Posted: 23/April/2016 at 13:25
That's the one then David. Thanks for the heads up.

Date Posted: 30/April/2016 at 10:23
I did the journey today, just to get updates for you all. There is now another roundabout to nowhere, east of the other one (between Vilamoura and Quatro Estradas) - the one Pete mentioned earlier in the thread I think. Traffic light controlled contraflow there today. Either side of Fonte do Boliqueme there are traffic lights. A lot of work going on with the pavements on the eastern side, nothing happening on the western side, but still lights there. The main bit of Fonte de Boliqueme - where the lights used to be is still a confusing mess. There is now a brand new roundabout allowing access to Boliqueme village to the west of F de B. No more roadworks as such, but the bit where you can overtake between Pata and the eastern turn off to Albufeira is down to one lane each way.      

-------------
Go away Duchatalet

Posted By: bob d
Date Posted: 30/April/2016 at 10:55
Couldn't be arsed.....did 2 airport runs last week and used A22 both times. It was actually busier than usual so I take it more are using it cos of the roadworks on 125. Dread to think what 125 will be like come July/August.

-------------
we're not brazil we're norn iron

Date Posted: 01/May/2016 at 09:52
Thanks for the update Perry and Bob.

-------------

Date Posted: 01/May/2016 at 10:31
I am sure I remember seeing plans for new roundabouts etc to en 125 in my area and that showed the lights to vilamoura being changed into a roundabout. Having done fonte de boliqueime lights and put in 3 new roundabouts, I think the vilamoura lights may be next as no resurfacing work has been done 50m either side. I possibly remember a roundabout going in for the kadoc turning but lets wait (literally) and see. The a22 @ 1.30€ is my friend!

-------------

Date Posted: 01/May/2016 at 10:56
Yellowfish seem to be avoiding the 125. The last 2 times we've been over they have brought us on the A22 as far as the Boliqueime junction, down to the town centre, straight over and under the railway bridge, & turned right at Kadoc opposite the BP filling station.
Went on the 125 going back in February but it was 7.30 in the morning so no hold ups.

-------------

Date Posted: 01/May/2016 at 12:18
That's the route I use David, unless it's very early and I am doing a recce for you good people on 'ere.

-------------
Go away Duchatalet

Date Posted: 21/May/2016 at 17:44
Roadworks on new roundabout N125 East and West and N270 from motorway in Boliqueime, causing tailbacks early this morning and lunchtime.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.15 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2012 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk