Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Algarve
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPraia Da Falesia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Praia Da Falesia
    Posted: 20/February/2017 at 11:57
We have came to Albufeira for quite a lot of years now and done most of the other towns I. e. Villamoura etc, so this year we would like to visit villages or towns nearer Albufeira, we like to use the buses , if we were to go to ,Praia da Falesia , should we get off at Olhos de Agua , or Baixinha, I have noticed lovely beaches at both places
Sponsored Links

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2017 at 14:46
Best place to get off the bus is the Alfamar Hotel - it's the shortest distance and easiest walk to the beach.
Beware though not all buses go that far - only buses that have either Falesia or Rochina on the front go to the Alfamar the Falesia bus terminates there.
Just take the road and then path to the right of the hotel and. follow the signs and go round the back of the hotel.
You can get the bus to Acoteias but it's a good 30 minute walk to Falesia Beach from there.
You can only acces Falesia Beach from Olhos at low tide as you have to walk over rocks which are covered at high tide.
You can get off at Rochina but geting to the beach is not easy - longish walk to the nearest steps and then there's about a hundred off them.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2017 at 16:15
The beach at Olhos De Água is small but perfectly formed. Get off the bus and go towards the traffic lights and there turn right and walk down the hill.

You can walk all the way along the Falésia beach to Vilamoura if you want to and catch a bus back. I have several times.

Good point made by Dicey above. You can only walk between Olhos and Falesia at low tide and even then it's not exactly easy in some parts.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic