Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Algarve Foreign Residents / Residentes Estrangeiros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oceanville

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 20>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/June/2017 at 08:45
I was reliably informed a while back that a hedge fund had purchased it, and the licensing problems have been sorted. But since then the evidence before our very eyes would seem to contradict that...   
Go away Duchatalet
steven.vanessa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steven.vanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/June/2017 at 12:22
Im guessing all those black Mercedes vans didnt materialise into buyers. What a shame, it could be fantastic and in a brill location too.
Jocelyn View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jocelyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/July/2017 at 10:58
Hi guys, we are over in Albufeira at the minute and called into the camara for a chat! Well the lady we spoke to was knowledgeable about Oceanville and checked internal database which does show that their own lawyer is trying to scrap the existing licences in order to make it easier to sell. The last time someone requested to see the plans was back in January and nothing materialised. She described OV as an abandoned mess from the councils point of view. She also said the case is ongoing in the Albufeira courts with Sesimbra 2000 bankruptcy.  She also said they are getting monthly phone calls from interested buyers, but the price is too high.....

We drove up to OV and saw an apartment with light on! We also saw a beautiful villa, well cared for, with manicured back garden and hedge, with childrens swings and garden lights....mmmm....along came a security guard, so we had a good chat with him. He said a lot of people have viewed the hotel recently as it's the only building still intact inside however the basement has been stripped to pieces which is a major cost factor. We asked him about the lovely villa and he said someone was able to purchase and complete on this....it is strange!! The security guard regularly meets ripped off buyers and the bank representative who is trying to sell it, there are a number of banks involved...

This is the most information I have got in the past 2 years as my solicitor doesn't keep in touch
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/July/2017 at 11:19
Interesting information Jocelyn, obviously my info wasn't so reliable... Thanks for updating. I do hope you get something sorted in the end.
Go away Duchatalet
tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/July/2017 at 11:30
Originally posted by Jocelyn Jocelyn wrote:

Hi guys, we are over in Albufeira at the minute and called into the camara for a chat! Well the lady we spoke to was knowledgeable about Oceanville and checked internal database which does show that their own lawyer is trying to scrap the existing licences in order to make it easier to sell. The last time someone requested to see the plans was back in January and nothing materialised. She described OV as an abandoned mess from the councils point of view. She also said the case is ongoing in the Albufeira courts with Sesimbra 2000 bankruptcy.  She also said they are getting monthly phone calls from interested buyers, but the price is too high.....

We drove up to OV and saw an apartment with light on! We also saw a beautiful villa, well cared for, with manicured back garden and hedge, with childrens swings and garden lights....mmmm....along came a security guard, so we had a good chat with him. He said a lot of people have viewed the hotel recently as it's the only building still intact inside however the basement has been stripped to pieces which is a major cost factor. We asked him about the lovely villa and he said someone was able to purchase and complete on this....it is strange!! The security guard regularly meets ripped off buyers and the bank representative who is trying to sell it, there are a number of banks involved...

This is the most information I have got in the past 2 years as my solicitor doesn't keep in touch

Being of a suspicious nature. I wonder which person connected to the Oceanville legal team or similar has got themselves a lovely villa for nothing.
Hope all of you who invested here get the resolution you hope for in the end.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/July/2017 at 08:45
That one property which is obviously fairly well cared for has puzzled me for years. Although I don't go past it often, I have never seen any actual occupants.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
steven.vanessa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steven.vanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/July/2017 at 12:07
We spoke to someone last year whos mother was interested in purchasing it, along with other investors from Lisbon but the €50 milllion asking price put them off. Such a shame as id love to see it completed and open for the people who have lost out and also for the area.
washburn53 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote washburn53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/September/2017 at 15:00
Just back from a walk around the area, there is a villa at the top with the hedges cut and well kept garden but no sign of  any body,I only met the security man.Such a pity to have all those units closed.
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/September/2017 at 13:44
That`s where the `hedge` fund went  ...
Pyrman
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/September/2017 at 18:38
Originally posted by washburn53 washburn53 wrote:

Just back from a walk around the area, there is a villa at the top with the hedges cut and well kept garden but no sign of  any body,I only met the security man.Such a pity to have all those units closed.

It has puzzled me for three or four years that this house, and it's the only one, has neatly trimmed hedges while the rest is rapidly going to rack and ruin. If I can remember over the next couple of days I will get a picture.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/September/2017 at 11:56
Looks like the hedges are soon going to be in need of a haircut, but they are in marked contrast the wild jungle that has grown nearby. If you peep over the wall you can see that the grass is also being cared for. Most strange.

Albufeira Resident

dela1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dela1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/April/2018 at 20:07
Hello people , I know it’s a long shot but has there been any updates regarding this mess this year ?
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/April/2018 at 08:46
Nothing I know of and the site continues to deteriorate. I will get a couple of pictures later.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/April/2018 at 15:45
Here's a few I took earlier this afternoon from the road. Not much change over 6 months or so except the weeds and trees are getting thicker and taller. I will try to go around the back tomorrow or Thursday.

Albufeira Resident

dela1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dela1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/April/2018 at 15:53
Thanks for the reply , i was trying to get my solicitors email so i could see if she had any info , have not heard anything from her in a long while , its an awful pity a large group of us couldnt get together and purchase it outright and do it up ourselves , ( i am a dreamer :-)) )
If i get a reply from her , when i find her email i will post her response .
Thanks again .

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 20>
  Share Topic