Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Miscellaneous / Diverso
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New lows?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New lows?
    Posted: 26/June/2017 at 18:37
Scenes from last night looks like Albuferia..The Strip..in particular sunk to new depths.
By all accounts there has been some organisation in England London based who have organised one big bash which is mainly made up of Inner London groups.
People say there are up to a thousand of them.
Made up of darker skinned people if you are over here you will have seen groups of them wandering around mainly on a night.
The robbing bit of the link is true we were talking to a shop owner this morning who was physically attacked when she confronted some "females" term used lightly.
On a brighter note the bash is due to end tomorrow after a a 11pm to 6am party tonight/tomorrow. Avoiding the strip tonight might be advisable.
Unless something radical is done Albuferia is going to be the next Magaluf.
Sponsored Links

Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/June/2017 at 22:57
Hell's teeth! What a way to behave. Where were the GNR?
Perhaps on bingo patrol.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/June/2017 at 07:41
it need to be stopped befor it spreads to the old town

ClaireKildare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClaireKildare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/June/2017 at 10:59
Apparently the GNR were there, firing plastic bullets. Not enough of them though, trouble began in Libertos and spilled out onto the street. Where were the mounted GNR you see in August!!
tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/June/2017 at 11:11
I was talking to a Portuguese mate last night who lives down the strip. He said he heard gunshots then screaming...His first thoughts were terrorists....
He said during the week one of this group was dancing and waving a gun about, no doubt not real, most likely been lucky he never had his head blew off.
tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/June/2017 at 11:19
Originally posted by dave dave wrote:

it need to be stopped befor it spreads to the old town

Not quite as bad but not what you want to hear if you have kids in tow or are easily offended. Down the Old Town 11.30am last Saturday morning a mob singing show us your v****a to the tune of Delilah.
Albufeira is maybe the place to head for with the cheap flights. Daughter going home July 5th and booked yesterday price was only £19.95 to Newcastle.
As you say Dave needs to be stopped if Albufeira wants to keep attracting families.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/June/2017 at 11:40
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Betsian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Betsian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/June/2017 at 12:10
We have only been coming to the Algarve for the last 6 or 7 years, but I asked on here a couple of years ago questioning if the ethos of Albufeira was changing, because as a family we had seen quite a rapid rise in the amount of stag and hen parties in the Albufeira area. It now looks like its evolving to the next level with huge groups of party animals turning up.

Short term the bar and club owners must be rubbing their hands together at a vast influx of people only there for 1 reason, cheap booze and lots of it, but what effect will this sort of on the longevity of Albufeira as a Family resort.

Would a family considering Portugal as this years holiday destination be put off by National Newspapers screaming such thing as "Rampage, Drunken Louts, Shots fired and Rubber Bullets"?  It's not exactly the type of advertising a beautiful friendly resort like Albufeira needs.

I hope that things like as have happened in the last week or so don't evolve into a epidemic and end up being seen as the norm, as it is now in Magaluf and Marbella etc.
Patti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/June/2017 at 13:16
Oh dear - not good - going to put some people off I fear.
I already have to defend my choice of holiday destination to my friends as it is ,
I agree with posts above , needs to be stopped, if it can be ...
simpson View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/June/2017 at 14:21
My daughter and her family are arriving in August for 10days .   After weeks of looking for a hotel that does not have stag and hen do's she has opted for Clube Praia da Oura in the hopes it will be free of this type of tourist. We introduced her to Albufeira and the Algarve over 18 years ago. She has told me that this will be her last visit to Albufeira now and she is looking for quiter parts of the Algarve to visit. We love Albufeira our home from home like many others and it hurt us when she said that but i think the type of clientel that are invading Albufeira now are ruining it for everyone. When she sees that film and the mail she may even cancel her holiday. We wont but she may. Its such a shame its like the young ones are set to ruin everything who gets fun out licking beer off the floor and even worse lewd acts God help us all . Keep them out please.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/June/2017 at 15:07
As any other sane, fair minded person, I totally abor this but what really narks is the organising company issuing a statement "We don't condone this sort of behaviour" (or very similar) that exonerates them does it? I don't think so!
Put a 1000 strong party together for a weeks long rave, booze up.. whatever, locate them in the most likely place for it to kick off anyway, call it "Portugal Invasion", how arrogant is that? how dare they?, then when it does kick off, take a side step with a simple "we don't condone" statement!
I find this company as responsible and as guilty as the actual perpetrators, what are the morals of an organisation putting this together? Very low if at all existent IMHO.
If you want 1000 people on a bender enjoying the best of London's DJ's why locate them in the middle of one of the major family tourist resorts of another country? More arrogance. Hire a private venue!
Thank goodness it finished today or yesterday, good ridance to them, kindly do not return and heaven help the cabin crews on the flights back that were unfortunate enough to cop for them.
Andrew
Betsian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Betsian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/June/2017 at 15:50
The fact that it was billed as a "Urban Event" should have rung alarm bells,
Many Urban concerts and festivals in London attract what can only be described as a unruly attendance, recent events include the storming of the doors at Brixton Academy, resulting in the concert to be cancelled before it even started, Wireless 2015 at Finsbury Park, gates forced open by a ticketless mob, security guards assaulted and mini riots on site,causing the local residents petitioning the government to get future urban events banned in the local area.

This is not a event type that should be allowed in the Algarve or any other holiday destination or resort. As sad as it is that it happened in Albufeira I hope it's a warning to other resorts that are contemplating allowing this type of event in the future.
Richardk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/June/2017 at 16:41
I agree with all that's been said - we don't want them here ever again. They bring nothing but trouble and glad they are returning to the cesspit from which they came.
Perhaps next time the GNR should use real bullets
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/June/2017 at 19:48
Somebody in Albufeira knew about this in advance.
You don't book hotel rooms for 1,000 people anywhere without someone asking a few questions. 
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
cheekygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheekygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/June/2017 at 19:48
I have only heard about this in the last hour. Picking up different bits of information it sounds like a pack of wild animals charging through the streets causing havoc. I hope no one was hurt. Let's hope the travel companies use a bit if common sense in future and never send a group so big to such a family friendly resort such as Albuferia.
Loving it in the sun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic