Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » The Good and the Bad / O Bom e o Mau
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

More ruins to admire

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/December/2014 at 10:51
I've been able to get a closer look at Farm Village. There are a couple of blokes working on the roof of the right hand block. The tall black crane has gone. There is some landscaping work under way on the inside.

Perhaps one day someone will actually be selling these apartments?
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/January/2015 at 14:38
Some more going up perhaps? This is the site next to the ill-fated Crowne Plaza and directly in front of the Arte Bar. Persons were busy yesterday clearing the site and picking up masses of metal and other dumped stuff. This site has been derelict a long time and was occupied by some kind of motor repair business.

Albufeira Resident

Stevie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/January/2015 at 17:40
Well it was a bit of an eyesore, has the whole site from Cemetery down to Baleeira Sol apartments been cleared?
LIBBY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LIBBY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/January/2015 at 19:39
Those townhouses / apartments in the photos would have been so lovely had they been finished.  I always thought that they were in one of the best positions in town.  It will be interesting to see what will appear in this new site and will it ever be finished?
Algarve - The closest thing to heaven !
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/January/2015 at 10:51
"Well it was a bit of an eyesore, has the whole site from Cemetery down to Baleeira Sol apartments been cleared?"

They hadn't started demolishing the old buildings when I walked past. I plan to have a wander down there over the weekend on my way to an alehouse, so see if I can get any more information,
Albufeira Resident

Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/January/2015 at 19:52
Does this indicate some sort of recovery?
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/January/2015 at 20:48
Things were a bit better last year, but I am still inclined to think it's the usual blind optimism, or some kind of tax loss scam...
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/January/2015 at 21:26
Originally posted by Jock Jock wrote:

Not if he's going to another alehouse
Stevie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/January/2015 at 21:55
Originally posted by Big Col Big Col wrote:

Originally posted by Jock Jock wrote:

Not if he's going to another alehouse
 Hug
Might be the end of the Arte Bar seaview, not bothered though as I never use the place, too touristy, even though it is only 200M from my place 
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/January/2015 at 11:30
I had a chance to walk by yesterday evening. Site well and truly cleared except for the old building. A concrete block has been placed across the top end of the ramp to stop people using it as a car park.

There is no indication at all as to what is going to be built there.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/February/2015 at 09:24
I took a better look around yesterday afternoon. Underneath the building is a large vaulted chamber, filled with rubbish. It looked a bit too dangerous to go down there, certainly alone. Anyone fancy a bit of archaeology? The site has been otherwise picked clean, although I did find an old bottle which I shall investigate when I have cleaned it up.

Albufeira Resident

bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/February/2015 at 09:45
Wow. Check out the mattresses. I can imagine certain 'characters' round town dossing down in there.
we're not brazil we're norn iron
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/May/2015 at 13:15
Many of you will know the ruinous brown building up near Jardim 1 opposite the Bagatelle restaurant.

It's now up for sale but no price given.

See http://www.realestateboutique.pt/property-item/building-rehab-albufeira/
Albufeira Resident

REBoutique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote REBoutique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/May/2015 at 18:42
Hi Cubsur,

the building is for sale for € 300.000,00. We're leading the process, assisting the owners finding as quick as possible a new owner so that it can be properly renovated.

The price is negotiable and we believe there's value in the building to be uncovered.

Thanks for sharing our link here, please feel comfortable to write to us with suggestions for improvement!

Best Regards,

Ricardo Guerreiro
Managing Director
A9NDY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A9NDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/May/2015 at 19:13
^^ €300,000 good luck with that 😂 rather have the green tiled building overlooking the beach
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
  Share Topic