Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Algarve
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How Dare He!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheekygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How Dare He!!!
    Posted: 05/March/2013 at 15:04
Found this on another forum today refering to Albufeira

Quote "Only if you enjoy getting mugged, being kept awake all night by noisy drunks and slipping in pools of vomit on the pavement in the morning. This is the Algarve's equivalent of Blackpool."

Not a very good advert for the town.
Loving it in the sun

Sponsored Links

tiganut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiganut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/March/2013 at 16:24
That would be The Strip thenLOL
He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins
Christina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/March/2013 at 18:03
Cry You beat me to it Tiganut, I was going to say the strip.
      Theres more to Albufeira than the strip....... Sometimes
      the strip can resemble a Hot Blackpool, especially at the
      height of the season...
Christina James
Christina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/March/2013 at 18:04
LOL  I didn't mean to say 'The strip' three times in
      a couple of sentences, Lol.....
Christina James
simpson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/March/2013 at 18:54
A neighbour of mine told me for a number of years that Albufeira was the Blackpool of the Algarve this from a person who never went on holiday ever ! never mind the Algarve.   4 years ago his family sent him on holiday to Albufeira he goes every year now to Albufeira and stays in Forte da Oura. And of course now............       there's nowhere like Albufeira .  But we already know that, and as we say you have to look around and not just sit around. People must be blind not to see the beauty all around Albufeira but I think these people are the ones who spend every waking moment in the bars .  Not that I object to a drop of the hard stuff( mine,s a Jameson,s if any one wants to buy me one) 
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/March/2013 at 19:12
Too true Simpson. A few things bad, graffiti, the odd bad toilets, hassly touts etc but if people want to moan and search out the bad things, they'll do that anywhere. If you don't like somewhere - move on, there's so many great places in the town and just a mile or 2 either side or inland is another world.
Avril View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/March/2013 at 19:20

What forum cheekygirl, then we'll all go over and sort him oot?

2013 - oh no 50!!
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/March/2013 at 19:26
expat focus
Avril View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/March/2013 at 19:46

Ahh, I dont go on there! Shame, ha ha!!

2013 - oh no 50!!
DICEYUK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/March/2013 at 20:41
Probably from Carvoeiro or Tavira SleepyDead
I hate how people compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
sean67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sean67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2013 at 12:24
I always describe Albufeira the Ibiza of the Algarve, full of night life!!
We re on the one road maybe the wrong road but we re together now who cares
RogerD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2013 at 20:42
Ive always found albufeira and in particular the strip to be very clean the next morning and tbh you are more likely to walk in pools of vomit, food packaging etc in the street in my town.  I just dont understand some people saying things like this.  Theres a woman street cleaner who has blonde hair id say in her 40s always there when we go for breakfast cleaning up.
Heading out again on May 24th and Oct 5th in 2014!!!
cheekygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheekygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2013 at 20:59
The woman street cleaner must travel some miles. I seem to have seen her all over town. As you say it is probably cleaner that most towns in the UK. 
Loving it in the sun

steven.vanessa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steven.vanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2013 at 07:43
Totally agree we see her everywhere too, and both towns seem spotless to me when we are out and about at all hours of the day.
janet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2013 at 15:45
she also does up round our place at cerro grande
owners direct p5473
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic