Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Finding work in Albufeira / Trabalhar em Albufeira
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WHAT A WASTE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yaoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WHAT A WASTE
    Posted: 04/June/2017 at 18:31
GO on facebook everyone said you will get a job they all say it easy. So off i go on facebook looking and loooking i can see everyone else getting a job. waiting and waiting maybe tomorrow i will get something. waiting and waiting i can see lots of people geting jobs ok lets wait maybe i will get something as well. nope nothing yet... summer comes and summer is gone and i got nothing. i don't understand why they got something but i did not.. ARE there any decent people out there anymore or have they all gone back to ENGLAND? and the ice on the cake is
(drum roll please ) is everyone ready here it is I SPEAK FLUENT PORTUGUESE how is that for a laugh i SPEAK THE LANGUAGE and still got nothing. i just don't understand everyone else got the jobs but me ... THIS is what happened to me i just want people to know what going on out there not everyone is lucky.. i just wonted one decent person to give me a job was that to much to ask?

Sponsored Links

tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/June/2017 at 18:52
Originally posted by yaoi yaoi wrote:

GO on facebook everyone said you will get a job they all say it easy. So off i go on facebook looking and loooking i can see everyone else getting a job. waiting and waiting maybe tomorrow i will get something. waiting and waiting i can see lots of people geting jobs ok lets wait maybe i will get something as well. nope nothing yet... summer comes and summer is gone and i got nothing. i don't understand why they got something but i did not.. ARE there any decent people out there anymore or have they all gone back to ENGLAND? and the ice on the cake is
(drum roll please ) is everyone ready here it is I SPEAK FLUENT PORTUGUESE how is that for a laugh i SPEAK THE LANGUAGE and still got nothing. i just don't understand everyone else got the jobs but me ... THIS is what happened to me i just want people to know what going on out there not everyone is lucky.. i just wonted one decent person to give me a job was that to much to ask?

Saw three jobs advertised yesterday down the strip..pool cleaner ..chef...general cleaner.
Intermarche and Continente have been advertising for staff.
Bar opposite La Bamba were looking for staff......and I`m not seeking employment?
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/June/2017 at 19:35
The moral of this story is you have to come here first to get a job, annoying as it is... 
Go away Duchatalet
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/June/2017 at 09:15
Absolutely, you must meet them face to face. Plenty of jobs available, long hours, lousy pay.

And you must be legit ie legally able to work here, be able to produce all ID and and fill out tax forms etc. You cannot do that on line.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/June/2017 at 13:27
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

Absolutely, you must meet them face to face. Plenty of jobs available, long hours, lousy pay.

yes think maybe it is like the old slave markets. Prospective employers want to give you a good looking over and a prod and poke to see if you fit the bill Wink.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic