Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Local attractions / Locais de diversões
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedVale Navio, GONE!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/May/2016 at 18:41
Andrew there is a building on the left as you go in which I think was some sort of service building like you say. There was also a day  Nursery there as well. The nursery overlooked the main road. Pinetree apartments which I mentioned previous were  to the rear of this. A bit confused, need to go and have a gander when we are next down.
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/May/2016 at 20:22
Just had another comment of my post on Facebook algarve pages on what's going to happen on Vale Navio, mmmm two different comments re the developers. Wonder who is correct. The guy who first commented about a Spanish company developing it has said  "It was the lady that runs the riding school that told me that was a spanish company and for the moment only is allow to build where is demolishing"

2nd Comment:
It is going to be a housing complex with shops and offices on. The owner is Portuguese, who owns property in Albufeira. The new complex terminates at the riding school".
I have seen the overall layout plans in a portuguese lawyers office. I will not mention his name but he owns a lot of property in Albufeira.

Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/May/2016 at 11:08
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Richardk View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/May/2016 at 12:20
There does seem more activity on the building front - a new villa in being built down the road and another around the corner from me. Plus I also see the Camara have restarted work on the council building near the new Cemetery. This had been mothballed for several years
bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/May/2016 at 16:12
Vale Navio is much improved already. I know it's full of rubble but it's not all erie like it was before. I think when the buildings were still up you kinda imagined what lurked behind or lived rough in there. Also quite a few of the lived in villas seem to be getting work done, some very fancy indeed. Anyway, demolition continues and just watched someone's once pride and joy flattened by a digger in a matter of minutes. Quite sad really but improvement also.
we're not brazil we're norn iron
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/June/2016 at 12:00
I took a wander over there yesterday afternoon. A security guard enquired as to my presence. Security? He said that the gippos have been stealing all the metal. He went on to say that a couple of rubble crunching machines are due soon to reduce the piles of big stuff to small stuff. That's going to be really pleasant for anyone living nearby.

The whole project he said could take 4 - 6 years to complete. Much work for many people. If it ever gets finished. He let me take a few pictures.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic