Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Miscellaneous / Diverso
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Satellite repair contacts & general TV advice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orada-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Satellite repair contacts & general TV advice
    Posted: 04/September/2023 at 15:19
Hi All, the old Intelsat 907 has gone down, not sure if the CA has changed or the dish has moved?

Tried searching out an open source TV I could install my VPN on and still have some options although not LG or Samsung, maybe time I moved on beyond the Firestick.

Dish alignment or replacement LNB would hopefully get 907 back online but I am sure there are better options I have just not discovered so please jump in.

A good reputable SatGuy would be the first option, the guy who installed mine is no longer in contact, all other suggestions to keep Orada-girl will be gratefully received.

P.S, Tom you walked past us last night at our usual Sunday stop, to late to call out to you.

Sponsored Links

peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/September/2023 at 18:55
Been using a paid for app on firestick for last 5 yrs. Can also install on pc, mac and all phones/ipads. about 60 quid a year. Obvs all tv channels, series and movies. Need decent internet.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/September/2023 at 08:13
The satellite firm I used to use is also no longer in business. Firesticks and IPTV boxes are now the preferred means of getting UK TV locally. I have a contact for the latter if interested.

Was I walking too fast!
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
ajmandon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajmandon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/September/2023 at 12:26
Às far as I'm aware nothing significant has changed and my i907 reception is fine (signal maybe a tad weaker than a year ago) which suggests the problem is somewhere your end, as you mention; alignment, LNB, cable, connectors or receiver. My last issue was damaged cable allowing water ingress and corrosion at connections.

Can`t help with local SatGuy ..... their must still be some. The last guy I used was based in Estoi 
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/September/2023 at 19:43
still see the Albusat transit van around. French guy from memory, who helped me years ago
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/September/2023 at 09:42
My satelllte dish, when I had one, fell victim to the salty air hereabouts. The LNB and its innards became corroded and eventually failed.  It now sits on the wall, doing nothing, a relic of old technology.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Orada-man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orada-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/September/2023 at 15:43
Thank you all, I need to learn more about IPTV possibilities so would appreciate a PM from Pete and Tom with contacts for possibilities?

It may be a relic of the past technologies but i907 has been restored and good as a backup.

As suggested the cable had suffered from the sun over the years so not an expensive repair and thankfully the company at Pera are still on the go.

Thanks again

If the rain ceases we may well see you on your walk tonight Tom.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic