Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Restaurants & Portuguese Cuisine / Restaurantes & a Comida
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

O Jorge closed down ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A9NDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: O Jorge closed down ?
    Posted: 30/June/2023 at 19:02
hi all I've seen on FB on a few albufeira pages that o jorges has closed down ? I am aware that its changed ownership a few months back .... theres a few comments thats stated its been closed for a few weeks now last post dated yesterday ?!
  Hope someone can shed some light on this ... fb page hasn't been updated for a while also Disapprove. fingers crossed its not closed down
Sponsored Links

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/July/2023 at 09:58
Also being discussed on Trip Advisor. Some say it's being refurbished but the consensus is a big unknown.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/July/2023 at 10:54
Last I heard a Ukrainian had bought it, Gui's (head waiter) facebook page would indicate he is no longer employed there. I thought the plan was to carry on in the same way, but I guess not. I will see what I can find out.    
Go away Duchatalet
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/July/2023 at 13:09
So - the Ukrainians buggered off, leaving unpaid wages and social security, apparently. They just rented off Jorge, so I guess he will be looking for new tenants. 
Go away Duchatalet
A9NDY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A9NDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/September/2023 at 19:44
hi all any updates at all ... or is it a case of another one bites the dust ?! thanks 
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/September/2023 at 07:47
Some African folk have taken it over, very nice people according to my man in the know and they speak good Portuguese and English. Usual Jorge type menu at good prices during the week, but they told him they are looking to do African food at the weekend - whether this is alongside or instead of the regular menu remains to be seen. The take-away BBQ bit is not yet up and running, the chicken is being prepared in the normal kitchen at the moment. Again, whether they intend to change this is not known. 
Go away Duchatalet
NelsonA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NelsonA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/April/2024 at 08:36
Hi. So as you guys were saying the African lady didn't go very well as she tried to change a lot of things and people stopped going there.
I'm currently together with my wife trying to bring the big Old Jorge restaurant back on feet. We have the same exact concept as Jorge had. He knows me since I was a little boy. He wasn't renting it anymore because he was depressed how people were treating the restaurant but he rented it to me knowing what I was capable off. So please guys come over the old concept is back and we want to make Jorge proud of his restaurant being back on its feet. Come for even just to say hello, Jorge is mostly all day here with me giving me some advice and helping me. Most of time he's sitting outside enjoying his retirement.
Thank you so much.
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/April/2024 at 10:15
We went last night, and I can assure people Snack Bar Jorge is Back!!! Staff kind and helpful as ever, piri-piri chicken superb, fish perfectly cooked and all at a reasonable price. Can't wait to go back. 
Go away Duchatalet
vinnym View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vinnym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/April/2024 at 10:41
Great to hear, hope relaunch goes well.
A9NDY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A9NDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/April/2024 at 17:10
Can't wait to get my garlic prawns and chicken piri piri fix..... roll on october
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic