Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Algarve Foreign Residents / Residentes Estrangeiros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rental licence

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/July/2015 at 10:08
Originally posted by bob d bob d wrote:

Big Col, the person asking for your passport details is quite right and obviously legit whereas the apartment owner you previously stayed with is not. They must not have the proper AL license as you have to ask for lead name passport details similar to the way hotels ask for it when checking in. All our clients have supplied us with their passport details this year.

Thanks for the replies guys. I have no problem in providing the copies of our passports and understand that private rentals are coming into a similar process to hotels.

In the past I have completed a form or answered questions from the owner concerning identity, etc but not passport number or where it was issued.

Although I haven't been asked for this for our visit next month to Praia da Luz, I will be paying the rental balance when there and perhaps that's when they may require passport copies. We will see.

Regards,

Colin.
Colin
Norm55 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norm55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/July/2015 at 10:35
Andrew.   Thanks for advice.     Was told if only take a token amount, say £200 per year this would suffice.    But, so many conflicting views it makes me wonder why i bothered registering the property.     Dont get me wrong, am happy to comply but when the authorities arent clear on the strategy......
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/July/2015 at 11:08
Norm, check with your, or an, IFA.
I wasn't paying too much attention but heard something along the lines of someone over the 55 years of age access trigger, realising they had a very small pension from years ago that they'd forgot so just cashed it in as it was simplest and it was a very small amount. Then, when they came for their first serious draw down from the pot he'd spent years building, he'd tripped himself up and lost a stack of allowance 'cos he'd cashed that previous, years old, tiny one!
That was the jist of it, I'm sure amongst us there will be experts who can maybe tidy that up or fill it out. Bottom line, don't do anything without first taking qualified advice, imho.
Andrew
wendyhsmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wendyhsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/April/2016 at 18:51
Anyone been cold called by Eurofinesco regarding a rental licence recently?
Just wondering.
stuart123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuart123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/April/2016 at 19:17
Not personally, although I did speak to them a few months ago about it - they are very expensive!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wendyhsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/July/2016 at 19:06
Finally got my AL number ... its only taken a year.
These are my obligations:

Attached the AL number, the one that you need to use for publicity, the doc that we paid in Albufeira Câmara and our invoice for the work. The inspection to the house when they tell us we will let you know.

Now we need that you sent to us every time that you receive a deposit the name of the client, the nationality, the period that he will stay and the value of the rental, we need to inform the finanças every month.

You need to do the inscription of SEF site (this is not our work this is your personal obligation) and do the Accommodation Form, if you check in SEF site you have all the information.

No mention of passport numbers etc.

What's the easiest way to do the SEF bit?  Anyone know?  All bookings are now done for this year so no rush now till next year I guess.  

Any advice?  Thanks.

Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/July/2016 at 09:04
Just an update on our situation. We have only once had to provide copies of our passports in more than 15 years.

We were in an Albufeira apartment in June and are out again in 4 weeks time where we will be staying in two different apartments, and in all of these cases we have just been asked for the name of the lead guest, home address & phone number (plus flight details).

Nowhere can I see a licence number displayed nor have DoB or passport information been requested.

Our accommodation is usually selected from the Owners Direct, HomeAway or Holiday Lettings websites.
Colin
bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/July/2016 at 12:11
If no license is displayed its probably cos they don't have one. If that's the case they have no need to ask for passport information. Big risk for owners not to have AL license, but hey, it's up to them.
we're not brazil we're norn iron
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/July/2016 at 19:35
If they don't have a license, you have a problem eg theft or accidental damage, you may find your travel insurance invalid.

It's now required to at least ask for the details of the lead guest wherever you stay, that's for the SEF, but whatever you do never let your actual passport out of your sight. Having a few photocopies of the relevant page will do for various purposes, not the least that tourists are not exempt from the legal requirement to have photo ID with them at all times.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/July/2016 at 22:20
At he place we have been renting most of the year for last two years the landlord has told us there will be a 200 euro rise per month this year as they have to pay 28% tax.
They have never seen my passport or any documentation I have never had a rental agreement and everything has been paid cash.
In other words they want it all ends up.
I was wondering how to tell them nicely that we have now found an apartment all year round so won`t be renting come September.......at least it`s solved that problem.
stuart123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuart123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/July/2016 at 07:32
As somebody who has recently gone through the AL process (took about 8 weeks) 

You don't physically need the old sign on the property with the "AL" number on it - indeed most of these are probably not valid anymore as everyone has to apply for a new number!

Although all adverts for a rental property must legally show the AL number to be compliant!

As part of the SEF/SIBA immigration rules, you need to collect the name + passport details of each guest (that is not Portuguese or not related to the property owner!) and submit to the SIBA website.  You can register your property here

http://siba.sef.pt/DadosIdentificacao.aspx

They will then email you a username and password for the site.

tonisdad - sounds like the apartment owner may have gone over the 10k euro limit before paying VAT - once crossed, everything has VAT added :-( 
stuart123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuart123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/July/2016 at 07:39
Originally posted by wendyhsmith wendyhsmith wrote:

Now we need that you sent to us every time that you receive a deposit the name of the client, the nationality, the period that he will stay and the value of the rental, we need to inform the finanças every month.

You need to do the inscription of SEF site (this is not our work this is your personal obligation) and do the Accommodation Form, if you check in SEF site you have all the information.

I've just posted a link to the SEF site above - its easy to register.  As each guest arrives you have to register it on the SEF site - this will ask you for lots of details, including:

Full name

Birth date

Birth place

Nationality

Home Address & Home Country

Document type

Document number

Country Issuing Document

As regards the tax submissions - to comply with the "low usage" tax rules on renting, you need to let your accountant know when you take a booking (within 5 days) and then they have to log it against your tax account (within 5 days) - if you don't you may be liable to a larger tax rate as you drop out of the small scheme.

Likewise if you go over 10k euro rental in the year, then you have to start charging and collecting VAT/IVA.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wendyhsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/August/2016 at 18:37
So, I have just got my A/L number recently.
I have worked out the SEF bit.
So what do I do about the guests already booked for this year for whom I have not asked details from?
stuart123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuart123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/August/2016 at 19:38
Send them an email?

My apartment management agent currently collects a paper form and sends that to me (scanned copy) when the guests arrive.  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wendyhsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/August/2016 at 19:46
Its taken the tax company more than a year to get this far Stuart123.
I am losing the will to live with this.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic