Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Algarve Foreign Residents / Residentes Estrangeiros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rental licence

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/July/2015 at 13:22
The bit about NI, Norm. I don't get how you can pay NI over here if you are not working? Like you we finished paying our UK NI contributions a while back. We paid NI (a lot of NI!) in Portugal until we closed our business, now we live on income from UK rentals which, as residents, we declare and pay tax on over here.
Norm55 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norm55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/July/2015 at 13:47
I was told when i gained my AL that i needed form A1 ( an eu wide form) showing i was either:
In receipt of uk pension, (not sure if drawing some of my private pension counts)
Paying NI contributions in Uk

Note, i am. UK resident and not classed as retired.    
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/July/2015 at 13:50
Ah - yes that's different from us then Norm. We are Portugal residents, and we are "in the system" from when we had our business.
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/July/2015 at 17:29
I've read this thread in the past paying little attention but imagine my surprise today when I've been asked for photocopies of the passports for all guests staying in an Albufeira apartment I've booked for September.

I haven't been asked for this for an apartment we have booked in Praia da Luz next month nor did I have to supply this when we were in Albufeira last month.

Am I to assume that this request is legit and that I just happen to have hit on a super efficient owner or are all of you who rent out property doing this now?

Thanks,
Colin.
Colin
Norm55 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Norm55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/July/2015 at 17:47
Big col. Please read my post on first page of this thread ( about half way down).   Yes your host is doing the correct thing by asking for these details but i prefer to ask my guests for their details via a form i send them.   Sending the passport page scanned, I feel is a bit invasive.
Details required are:
DOB
Where passport issued
Country of residence
Country of birth
The apartment owner has an AL ( licence) and this is a requirement to submit this info within 3 days of your arrival.
Norm55 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norm55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/July/2015 at 17:49
I forgot, only the lead persons details are required not the entire party
Richardk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/July/2015 at 19:33
Hi Norm

You need to advise SEF of ALL guests not just lead party
Norm55 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norm55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/July/2015 at 19:41
There is no space on form for two DOB etc.    or is it a form for each person?    I have been told to just log in details of leader of party
bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/July/2015 at 18:57
Big Col, the person asking for your passport details is quite right and obviously legit whereas the apartment owner you previously stayed with is not. They must not have the proper AL license as you have to ask for lead name passport details similar to the way hotels ask for it when checking in. All our clients have supplied us with their passport details this year.
we're not brazil we're norn iron
Norm55 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norm55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/July/2015 at 22:57
Bob,   Can you clarify this business of logging in all visitors or just the lead person? I am getting conflicting views.

Also originally i was told i have to log in details again when they leave.    Then accountant tells me no, just when they arrive.
It appears this is a case of work in progress, this has been rolled out without definative directions.

Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/July/2015 at 23:19
Welcome to Portugal Norm...
bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/July/2015 at 09:14
Welcome to Portugal indeed.
Ok. This is the information I supply my accountants regards clients. Name and address of lead name. Passport details of lead name. Length of stay. Arrival date and departure date. Total amount paid.
They then send me proper receipts for each booking.
At year end I give them receipts from cleaners, condo fees, insurance, electric bills, water bills.
I also have to fill in a E101 or A1 form from the UK at the end of the year to prove I am paying NI in UK. Or prove you are a pensioner.
The said accountant then fills in my tax return and I pay them and the tax. No VAT to pay if you earn under 10.000.
This sounds mighty complicated but as I've stated before don't get rid of your fiscal/accountant if they are any good. They are worth their weight in gold if you want to stay on the right side of the authorities, presuming you rent out. A good one will be up to speed on latest rules (and they change frequently) whereas a poor one will not.
Indeed, welcome to Portugal.
Norm55 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norm55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/July/2015 at 09:35
Thanks Bob
As regards expenses, receipts etc i was told that as am under 10,000€ income ( gross) it is assumed 80% overheads and 20% profit of which is taxable at 25%.    

It appears your accountant is booking them into the SEF site, however i do this bit myself.   Hence the confusion, however we do seem to agree, it is just the lead persons details.   
As i said above, still not cleared up the A1 form bit concerning NI.   I have aform here now to complete which will enable me to gain the A1.    Looks like i will have to,start paying NI here in UK.   Not sure if drawing down some of my private pension will suffice.
bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/July/2015 at 09:44
Haven't had to get the form yet. Been told to get it near end of year. Electric and water bills only for the periods of rental, don't know proportion for insurance or condo fees. I just sent annual bills last year and they worked it out.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/July/2015 at 09:56
If you've not started drawing down on your private pension be sure to take some advice before you do, once started there's no going back and you only get one shot at the initial allowance, ie. don't leave anything on the table.
Andrew
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic