Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Algarve Foreign Residents / Residentes Estrangeiros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rental licence

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norm55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rental licence
    Posted: 30/November/2014 at 08:55
Hi. New here and looks to be a useful forum. I have a one bed apartment which i rent out during holiday season.   I wish to be legal and understand i require a letting licence.   I have the form but am reluctant to sign it without fully understanding it .
Does anyone know if i can have it translated?   Tried the usual Google translate but as it is in PDF this comes back rather disjointed
Anyone had experiences of obtaining one of these?
All help apreciated.
Sponsored Links

Richardk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/November/2014 at 10:01
Hi
We got our rental licence about 3/4 years ago but we used an agent to complete it. I have never read it but all you have to do is ensure your property is clean & safe with running water. They will inspect to ensure you have fire blankets, extinguisher's ,and electrically and gas safe appliances. You will need a complaints book as well.You will then need to declare your income to the tax man and you may need an accountant to do this.
It probably sounds worse than it is as once completed its only a case of staying on top of normal maintenance
Good luck
Richard
Ruth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/December/2014 at 20:27
Norm55 There are 2 processes to follow now.  First you have to decide if you will handle all the rentals yourself.  If this is the case, you need to open an activity with finanças (but make sure you inform them that you will be doing short term holiday rentals as your activity has to have a certain code to authorise this).  You have to be able to supply official receipts to any paying guests.  You would be better getting your accountant to help you with this.  Once you have your activity opened, you can then register for an Alojamento Local.  The documentation required is now less than it previously was before the law changed on the 27 November.  Also the other good news is that there is no charge to register – previously Albufeira camera charged 75 Euros.  You will then need to get a Complaints Book for your property.  If you have a property management company handling your rentals it is much simpler as you do not need to open an activity or worry about anything as the property management company can and should do the registration and deal with all the paperwork.  There is some useful info on a blog here: http://hometeamportugal.com/blog/

Norm55 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norm55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/December/2014 at 11:29
Thank you for detailed reply Ruth. I do not have an agent i handle all my own bookings. What is an activity at financas?
It appears from the blog that it can be done in person .   I am in Albufeira, can the office there do it and has anyone done this in person?    
I have all the relavant documents but am not due over until next Feb.    I guess i will have to get this done by an agent/ management company.    
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/December/2014 at 11:46
An 'activity' puts you on the tax radar. ie for my restaurant I fill in forms and declare I am in business. They will then expect to see tax returns, iva paid, income tax forms done etc. The town council has the forms which you fill in, in triplicate and then they keep one, you keep one and you register post the third to DGAE in Lisbon. Quite a simple process. Sure forms are available online at alb camara web site. Just need forms and ID
Norm55 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norm55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/December/2014 at 04:56
Thanks Peter.
Norm55 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norm55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/March/2015 at 19:16
Update!     I now have my AL but have to register my guests with SEF
Easy enough but i am required to submit details such as DOB     In fact all the details that are on your passport photo page.   I am of the opinion that some guests may feel this too intrusive.
Plus when a vast majority of apartments do not have a licence and are taking bookings without having to request such details i am not competing on a level playing field.
Any body experienced this yet?
bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/March/2015 at 22:40
Ok, here we go. Norm, you are doing it properly and within the law. I am doing the same and I just remind clients that it is now the same for apartments as it has been for hotels for years regards showing passports. If anyone queries the fact you need so many details just explain its the law now and anyone without the proper license and so not taking details is breaking it. Apparantly the powers that be are going to clamp down hard on rentals without the proper license. It should be very easy to catch people as all they have to do is look on rental sites. BTW Norm, I believe you are now supposed to put your new AL number on any advertising you do, I havnt got my new number from the camera yet as there is obviously a big back log to sort out.
we're not brazil we're norn iron
Norm55 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norm55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/March/2015 at 22:51
Great post Bob thanks.    You are right but will the powers that be have the balls to actually follow up their threats and clamp down on unregisterd properties.
I do put my licence number on my adverts but am in a v small minority.   
I got my AL number before they did the inspection!
bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/March/2015 at 15:38
"Will they follow up their threats".......I would say probably not but you never know and they are always looking at ways to bring in extra monies. I'm sure they will have a few inspectors, not the 100s that they have stated in the past but if you are caught, the fine will be huge. Also, if in a worst case scenario, someone staying in your 'illegal' apartment has an accident and you have no license, I dread to think what it would cost. Would your insurance company pay up? Would you be charged with a criminal offence? Like you Norm, I feel much better being safe than sorry AND, I pay my taxes. Regards....Honest Bob.
wendyhsmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wendyhsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/April/2015 at 21:15
Has anyone had one of those emails from Owners Direct...  All sounds a bit iffy to me?

We wanted to make sure you were aware of a new law, Decree-Law Nr. 128/2014, which requires that all Portuguese holiday homes be registered through the Balcão Único Eletrónico directed to the President of the competent Municipal Council.

Registering your property will help reassure travellers and give your listing more credibility, which will in turn lead to better performance. It’s easy to do and is completely free. 

We recommend you take a few minutes and register your property in order to comply with this new law. Click the link below to download the form. Once you’ve submitted the completed form, you will receive a registration number that must be displayed on your HomeAway listing.

In order to be registered, your property must meet the following conditions:

Maximum capacity:
9 bedrooms and 30 guests
9 local accommodation by building

General requirements:
Article 12 of Decree-Law 128/2014

Safety:
Properties must comply with safety and fire regulations, pursuant to Decree-Law Nr. 220/2008 of 12 November, and to the constant technical regulation of Ordinance No. 1532/2008

Prior communication:
Submitting the registration form is mandatory and a necessary condition for the operation of a local accommodation.
The registration form must be submitted through the “Balcão Único Eletrónico,” which assigns each property its own registration number and automatically sends it to the Turismo de Portugal I. P.

Identification and publicity:
Advertisements for local accommodation must include the name or logo and registration number.

Identifying plate:
An identifying plate must be displayed on the outside of the property next to the main entrance.
The model and characteristics of the identifying card are set out in the appendix to Decree-Law Nr. 220/2008.

Complaints book:
Starting 15 September, local accommodation establishments must have a complaints book as laid out in Decree-Law Nr. 156/2005.
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/April/2015 at 21:43
Only answering above post as not read the rest of the topic.......
Looks about right to me. They recently relaxed the laws over registering rental properties and asking for registration at Financas and safety things and complaint book and a sign outside sounds reasonable and easy enough to do if you haven't already got a license. 
bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/April/2015 at 22:28
Yes. Its right. They are letting you know cos you have to put your license number on all advertising as part of the new laws.
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/April/2015 at 12:42

New association for property owners

IN MONEY Â· 09-04-2015 14:53:00 · 0 COMMENTS

NALLE, the National Association of Local Lodging Establishments, is a new Portuguese association, representing and serving property owners, agents and property managers who are engaged in local lodging in Portugal.

If you let out furnished accommodation directly to holidaymakers on a short-term basis you are engaged in tourist-related services and are required by law to register your Local Lodging activity. While this type of activity has more checks and balances than conventional renting, it also receives special tax treatment under the simplified regime. You are only taxable on 15% of your gross invoiced income, with the other 85% being automatically excluded to cover business overheads. Normally, final tax rates fall below 4%.
Like any business, there are always obligations and overheads to get the ball rolling. Your success will depend not just on how many weeks per year you are able to rent to tourists but also on a correct and legal set-up, from the license to the fire extinguisher.
The mission of the National Association of Local Lodging Establishments is to provide information and support to its members, and enhance security and compliance in local lodging operations.We provide our members with accurate, up-to-date information and keep them current with ever-changing legislation. NALLE also aims to be an integrative, representative voice to work with policymakers, government officials and tourist interest groups to defend the industry and find solutions that respond to all concerns.

For more information, please contact Nalle - National Association of Local Lodging Establishments: Rua António Maria Cardoso, 15 1200-273 Lisboa.Tel. +351 96 2851551,email: ursula.hahn@nalle.pt

Norm55 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norm55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/April/2015 at 12:46
That looks a useful site. Anyone joined?    
Am still struggling with SEF visitor login.    Anyone used this?   Any help woukd be apreciated.    
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic