Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Local Politics / Polí­tica Local
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

French ATC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cameroncleggout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: French ATC
    Posted: 21/June/2014 at 12:07
For the second year running French Air Traffic Control have announced strikes for the day we travel to Faro. Last year we managed to extend our holiday by arriving a couple of days earlier and dodging the strike.

This year its too late as I only discovered about the strike this morning. Looks like a longer flight over Ireland and out into the Atlantic a bit to stay out of French airspace may be awaiting us on Thursday 26th June. I`m sure we will cope.
cameronout
Sponsored Links

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/June/2014 at 09:02
Looks like France is in meltdown. The national rail strike is about to enter its second week.

Vive la révolution! Les politicos á la lanterne!
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
cameroncleggout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cameroncleggout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/June/2014 at 10:38
Over 50,000 people marched through London yesterday protesting about austerity. Not a word on Sky News or BBC news or in most Sunday Papers. Me thinks its a Tory Conspiracy.
cameronout
tiganut View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tiganut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/June/2014 at 14:40
Originally posted by cameroncleggout cameroncleggout wrote:

Over 50,000 people marched through London yesterday protesting about austerity. Not a word on Sky News or BBC news or in most Sunday Papers. Me thinks its a Tory Conspiracy.
And there was me thinking that there were no domestic politics on this site.

He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/June/2014 at 15:28
Originally posted by tiganut tiganut wrote:

And there was me thinking that there were no domestic politics on this site.

I think the username is a bit of a giveaway Wink
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cameroncleggout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/June/2014 at 09:17
Bleedin heck !!!! Just been on Sky Scanner and quite a few aircraft are seriously delayed. Some that are due to land at Faro in the next 30 mins are still on the ground in the UK.
cameronout
deedee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deedee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/June/2014 at 10:04
Lucky for my son and family.two hour delay from Manchester to Reus this morning.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cameroncleggout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/June/2014 at 10:48
Don`t mind a couple of hours delay if they leave you in the departure lounge, but airlines unacceptably tend to get you boarded even though they know of the delay.
cameronout
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/June/2014 at 11:10
Delays from UK of around 2 hours (1 is four hours though) posted on Faro airport website at this time. Longer delays are from places like Holland and Sweden where they don't have any real alternative but to cross France.

Four Ryanair flights (not from UK) cancelled altogether.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cameroncleggout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/June/2014 at 13:57
Looks like Ryanair have most cancellations. However I would put this down to the Chief Exec who likes nothing better than Union Bashing, no doubt he has withdrawn flights in protest (Sod the customer )
cameronout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cameroncleggout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/June/2014 at 16:00
2 hours seems to be the average delay from Blackpool,so going by this we should be in Faro around mid day. Sunshine all the way
cameronout
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/June/2014 at 16:42
Lucky man.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/April/2015 at 19:53
More trouble ahead if you're flying out or back in the next 2 days
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3028989/Passengers-face-three-days-chaos-French-air-traffic-controllers-strike.html
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/April/2015 at 07:35
Yes, just had text off Monarch warning and apologising for delays.
Mind you, landings and take-offs in this wind will be fun, it's gale force out there, worse than yesterday!
Andrew
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/April/2015 at 11:31
Most flights out are subject to delays of about an hour, give or take. Only Ryanair has cancelled flights - six I believe - the others are managing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic