Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Algarve Foreign Residents / Residentes Estrangeiros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK TV SATELLITE ISSUES

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 42>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/January/2013 at 12:33
Originally posted by Algarveaddick Algarveaddick wrote:

You got C5? How big is the dish?

was only renting villa but dish was approx 1.3 m
 i got a better picture in algarve than uk . i got every
channel that i get in uk
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/January/2013 at 13:03
IPTV etc are technically illegal (copyright issues) and the TV companies work overtime to block them. It's a kind of running battle.

Unfortunately my internet connection is so bad in the evenings when the neighbourhood kids are at home taking up all the bandwidth it's not an option for me.

BTW anyone want a 1.3m dish and wall mounting bracket?
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
samwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/January/2013 at 14:17
[QUOTE=cubsur]IPTV etc are technically illegal (copyright issues) and the TV companies work overtime to block them. It's a kind of running battle.

Unfortunately my internet connection is so bad in the evenings when the neighbourhood kids are at home taking up all the bandwidth it's not an option for me.

BTW anyone want a 1.3m dish and wall mounting bracket?
[/QUOTE
  ]sky will have there own iptv in the near future
samwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/January/2013 at 15:09
have just found this website :mytv uk :
may help someone ,seems ok £15 a month
and only when you need it .
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/January/2013 at 16:38
Not much good Samwell if you don't have a decent internet speed which many don't on the Algarve.
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/January/2013 at 09:09
C5 on a 1.3 dish is good going, no chance of C5 on my 1.8m dish but that's 'cos it isn't on the satellite anymore! 
So no C5 for us but would say, last week, the reception across all the channels was best we'd ever had, shame it's all going down the plug hole shortly!
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/January/2013 at 09:30
Dish and wall bracket sold to Patrick. He is currently going round all his bars offering the Dreambox solution for the sports, which are broadcast by Al Jazeera etc in English from other satellites. For example one footprint is for across North Africa which happens also to catch Spain and Portugal. That will mean re-aligning their dishes.

But for UK free to air TV eg BBC and ITV he said there's nothing that can be done dishwise once it goes.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/January/2013 at 10:11
What about via Sky Tom, what's he say about that?
Andrew
samwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/January/2013 at 10:23
[QUOTE=cubsur]Dish and wall bracket sold to Patrick. He is currently going round all his bars offering the Dreambox solution for the sports, which are broadcast by Al Jazeera etc in English from other satellites. For example one footprint is for across North Africa which happens also to catch Spain and Portugal. That will mean re-aligning their dishes.

But for UK free to air TV eg BBC and ITV he said there's nothing that can be done dishwise once it goes.
[/Q UOTE]  

dont think there will be al jazeera next season , they may be bidding for premier league rights ,which means if they get it you have to have there box and card ,no card sharing.
        way forward for bars ect is IPTV ,selling at moment for £400 for 12 months .
as for internet speeds my uk box worked better on portugeese internet than at home.
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/January/2013 at 10:36
Originally posted by samwell samwell wrote:

[QUOTE=cubsur]Dish and wall bracket sold to Patrick. He is currently going round all his bars offering the Dreambox solution for the sports, which are broadcast by Al Jazeera etc in English from other satellites. For example one footprint is for across North Africa which happens also to catch Spain and Portugal. That will mean re-aligning their dishes.

[/Q UOTE]  

dont think there will be al jazeera next season , they may be bidding for premier league rights ,which means if they get it you have to have there box and card ,no card sharing.
as for internet speeds my uk box worked better on portugeese internet than at home.

WUM alert methinks...
samwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/January/2013 at 10:39
Originally posted by Andrew Andrew wrote:

C5 on a 1.3 dish is good going, no chance of C5 on my 1.8m dish but that's 'cos it isn't on the satellite anymore! 
So no C5 for us but would say, last week, the reception across all the channels was best we'd ever had, shame it's all going down the plug hole shortly!

i was in algarve 4-18 jan and i got every channel i get in uk.
i took my box with me connected to 1.3 dish and to the internet
the box worked perfect ,ch 5 included
samwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/January/2013 at 10:52
this is the address of good website .www.digital-kaos.co.uk
would advise anyone who is interested to join and ask your
questions ,they will explain things a lot clearer than meSmile
el birnn View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el birnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/January/2013 at 13:09
Originally posted by samwell samwell wrote:

[/Q UOTE]  

Out of curiosity...what makes you think that Al jazeera wont be avalaible on a card sharing basis ???  It has been for the last decade...and unless they switch to PowerVu encryption..i really dont see any change there....but then again...i could be wrong Cool
Nunc bibendum est
samwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/January/2013 at 14:26
anyone now bidding for premier league rights will have to have there
cards paired with the box ,which stops the card being shared.
start of 13-14 season only those bidding for rights with card
being paired to there boxes will get rights
                                      this will stop all card share .sky already
do this, you can only cardshare on there old boxes. they are
upgrading old boxes ,very soon no cardshare with sky .
                   i am not trying for any trade here just sharing my
                   little knowledge 
el birnn View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el birnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/February/2013 at 06:15
Well...only time will tell. Doubt that SKY will send out a million new boxes,,as thats what it would take.They have used paired cards for the last 4 years...and it took like 1 week from they began till it was cracked. Old saying : If its man made it can be man cracked.....
That being said...iptv for sure will be an alternative...in countries with proper connex,,,unfortunately that doesnt include portugal yet.....well not down the algarve anyway
Nunc bibendum est
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 42>
  Share Topic