Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Algarve
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flight Watch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 83>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/May/2014 at 19:11
Originally posted by malagabob malagabob wrote:

Is there a significant saving to be made, by booking an outbound and inbound flight separately, rather than a return flight at the same time?

1. Booking outward flights as soon as they are available is usually cheaper than waiting, sometimes for several months, until you can book a return flight. Easyjet prices do not normally come down and the earliest prices are usually the best.
2. If you want to take a hold bag, box (or whatever) just one way (i.e. outward), by booking a return journey as two separate flights, you only have to pay for the hold bag, box (or whatever) one way.
If you book outward & inward at the same time then you will have to pay for the hold bag, box (or whatever) to come back again even though you're not bringing it back.
3. Very often two one way flights can be cheaper than a return flight.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/May/2014 at 19:38

Is there a significant saving to be made, by booking an outbound and inbound flight separately, rather than a return flight at the same time?

Flying Ryanair you can save 20% or exchange rate equivalent by booking return flights from Portugal separate. If the flight is quoted at say £50 for Faro to UK for return flights book seperate and the quote will be €50 same saving on bags etc.
That is unless Micky OLeary has caught on.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/June/2014 at 10:56
Cheap Flights?
I think you'll like this Smile

http://youtu.be/ZAg0lUYHHFc
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Stevie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/June/2014 at 21:31
Originally posted by tonisdad tonisdad wrote:

Flying Ryanair you can save 20% or exchange rate equivalent by booking return flights from Portugal separate. If the flight is quoted at say £50 for Faro to UK for return flights book seperate and the quote will be €50 same saving on bags etc.

Jeez..........and it took you how long to figure that out?
I have been doing that for 2+ years
Stevie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/June/2014 at 21:32
Originally posted by tonisdad tonisdad wrote:

Jeez...........and how long did it take for that penny to drop?
Been taking advantage of that for over 2 years now
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/June/2014 at 22:22
Stevie some folks are slow on the uptake but we all try and work together on this forum to help folks out.
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/June/2014 at 00:15
Originally posted by Stevie Stevie wrote:

So have most of us and for a lot longer than 2+ years. 
Anyway, didn't I read somewhere that you weren't that bothered about saving money Wink

Doesn't anyone that uses this forum have any money?
Saving on Tolls, Flights, Supermarket prices, Bank Charges and Interest Rates, Bar Prices etc. etc.?
I am by no means "minted" but am beginning to think I found the wrong forum?
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/June/2014 at 01:59
Originally posted by DICEYUK DICEYUK wrote:

So have most of us and for a lot longer than 2+ years. 
Anyway, didn't I read somewhere that you weren't that bothered about saving money Wink

Doesn't anyone that uses this forum have any money?
Saving on Tolls, Flights, Supermarket prices, Bank Charges and Interest Rates, Bar Prices etc. etc.?
I am by no means "minted" but am beginning to think I found the wrong forum?

Ha ha - good spot...

Don't feed the trolls.

malagabob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malagabob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/July/2014 at 10:27
Bristol-Faro  March 18th- 25th  2015 cost of return flight £53ish.  Faro-Bristol 25th March 2015 booked as a one way 73 euros  at 120 to £ = £60.83. works out cheaper does it. Been doing that for 2 years??
Never put off something that you could do today
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/July/2014 at 11:14
Just got an email from Ryanair in Portuguese (I presume) entitled "Continuamos Com O Nosso Crescimento Em Portugal"

A bit odd since I book everything in the UK.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/July/2014 at 16:29
Just had a look at Flightradar24.  I see that today's flight MH17 is taking a course avoiding overflying Ukraine.  Very wise.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
cheekygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheekygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/July/2014 at 22:01
Keep checking flight prices for September, not good up to now.
Loving it in the sun

Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/July/2014 at 22:38
  Elaine We found flights were cheaper last couple of days in August than 1st two weeks in Sept. Strange, can't understand their logic as schools and Uni's  go back  in the  first week, so no real demand.We paid £100 each including  one hold bag with Ryanair, end of August to mid Sept. Monarch was double the price, although saying that flight times were better, but can put up with that if your saving money.
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/July/2014 at 08:12
Echoing what Polli said, my friends Mick and Andrea had the same experience, moved their hols from mid Sept to end of Aug and saved a packet- does mean they are missing my 50th birthday party though...
cheekygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheekygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/July/2014 at 10:49
I noticed that Polli and Perry. But the kids want to come with us and cannot take those dates. Suppose we could come by ourselves but they would be disappointed and to be honest now they are older we enjoy there company. Will keep looking :)
Loving it in the sun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 83>
  Share Topic