Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Algarve
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flight Watch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 83>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super__Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flight Watch
    Posted: 30/September/2011 at 11:34

For anyone who is interested

I have been checking for some budget flights to Albufeira (Faro) from the UK
The lowest prices I can find for a basic flight are with Ryanair.
Prices include 10Kg luggage and �10 card fee.

Flight details
Prestwick to Faro. Out Sat 03/12/11. Back Sat 10/12/11.  Total basic cost = �55
Bournmouth to Faro Out Wed 12/10/11. Back Sat 19/10/11. Total basic cost = �68 
Manchester to Faro Out Thu 06/10/11. Back Thu 13/10/11. Total basic cost = �66 
Birmingham to Faro Out Sat 26/11/11. Back Sat 3/12/11. Total basic cost = �48 
Bristol to Faro Out Sat 26/11/11. Back Sat 3/12/11. Total basic cost = �48 
Stanstead to Faro Out Fri 25/11/11. Back Fri 2/12/11. Total basic cost = �51

I know if you add more luggage and things like golf clubs or a giraffe it will cost more.

If anyone can find other budget flights at other times i would appreciate it if they could post them on this thread 

Ally
Sponsored Links

ant1969 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ant1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/October/2011 at 12:25
There are flights for early December from East Midlands for less than £50 -

4 to 11.12.2011 - £45.98
8 to 15.12.2011 - £40.73

There would be the additional booking admin fee.  Hand luggage only.
com amor e cumprimentos Donna x
Super__Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super__Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/October/2011 at 12:39
Ryan Air flight from Prestwick. 

Prestwick to Faro.
Out Sat 03/12/11. Back Tue 06/12/11.  Total basic cost = £35.98.
There are additional costs such as a £12 booking fee. If you can travel light the cost is £48.
Ally
ant1969 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ant1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/October/2011 at 13:01
November prices from East Mids

10 - 17 £38
13 - 17 (4 nights) £41
13 - 20 £46
17 - 24 £43
com amor e cumprimentos Donna x
Travis B. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Travis B. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/February/2012 at 21:42
I was at a wedding in Bermondsey in November 2011 and some people were discussing flights/car hire/accomodation on the Algarve.
After a few had mentioned RyanAir and Monarch, some guy said, "RyanAir? You're having a laugh aren't you?
"Surely no one is mug enough to use them twice are they?"
He said, "Screw the cheapo flights, I go TAP or BA to Lisbon, have one night there, good restaurants and bars, then rent a car and and drive to Portimao, it only takes half a day and there are some blinding places en-route for lunch, three weeks later I do the same in reverse, life is too short to travel with the peasants to save £40 or £50."
Don't look at me, I never said it, I haven't been to Albufeira for years, but my son flies into Seville then drives to Silves, Carvoiero, or Tavira if he goes to the Algarve. 
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/February/2012 at 22:07
???

But traveling many times a year... I don't think so. When we have a week to go to our place on the Algarve, we want to go to our place on the Algarve!
An extra few quid on the flight versus hotels in transit... No brainer for us.
Andrew
Chrissy63 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrissy63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/February/2012 at 07:21
Cheapest, quickest way to Albufeira means more time & money to spend when i'm there.
Lifes a beach
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/February/2012 at 10:25
Originally posted by Travis B. Travis B. wrote:

I was at a wedding in Bermondsey in November 2011 and some people were discussing flights/car hire/accomodation on the Algarve.
After a few had mentioned RyanAir and Monarch, some guy said, "RyanAir? You're having a laugh aren't you?

"Surely no one is mug enough to use them twice are they?"

He said, "Screw the cheapo flights, I go TAP or BA to Lisbon, have one night there, good restaurants and bars, then rent a car and and drive to Portimao, it only takes half a day and there are some blinding places en-route for lunch, three weeks later I do the same in reverse, life is too short to travel with the peasants to save £40 or £50."

Don't look at me, I never said it, I haven't been to Albufeira for years, but my son flies into Seville then drives to Silves, Carvoiero, or Tavira if he goes to the Algarve. 

Would only travel Ryanair if desperate, however if by doing so I avoid self important snobs like the bloke at the wedding, bring it on.
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/February/2012 at 11:09
Lisbon is tempting though.  I spent some time there with pals in my teens in the 60s.  After Norway it was my second spell abroad.  I loved the place, the people, the climate, the tree lined avenue leading to the statue of Pombal, Jeronimos Monastery, Henry the Navigator's Monument & the views across the Tagus.
Now I'm thinking about booking a couple of nights in Lisbon when we're in Albufeira.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
Christina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/February/2012 at 11:20
Smile I also love Lisbon. I've been there for concerts and for mini breaks. I go by train which
      is a very pleasant journey. I usually stay a couple of nights and enjoy the sightseeing.
      I think I need to go again soon I'm getting withdrawel symtoms. If you havn't yet been
      to Lisbon, go because I'm sure you will love it.
Christina James
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/February/2012 at 11:26
Christina, I've had a quick look at train times and where the Albufeira train station is (ie not in Albufeira).  I think at least one overnight in Lisbon would be needed, it's too far for a day trip.  Is that right?
I think I remember a public elevator in Lisbon old town made of cast iron, like the Forth bridge.  Not sure though.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/February/2012 at 11:28
The Santa Justa lift.
Christina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/February/2012 at 13:34
Cry Yes you're right Jock, you'd only have a few hours if you went for a day trip.
       Its worth staying a night or two, theres loads of deals on hotels so it wouldn't
       have to cost a fortune.  While you're there take a train out to Sintra its not too
       far and its well worth going to.
Christina James
S1gh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S1gh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/February/2012 at 19:53
Nothing wrong with Ryanair. Expect nowt, get nowt, nowt wrong with that. How can you go wrong for 50 quid, your only on the plane for a couple of hours, you get a seat and you get to where your going.
Happy days in my book!!!
Richardk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/February/2012 at 08:14
I'm not a great fan of Ryanair however you can pre book your seats (just like Monarch but not so much choice). We did this last week €10 per person per flight but it took all the push & shove out of our boarding so money well spent . Due to a headwind we were a few minutes landing however it saved having to listen to their stupid 'on time'  fanfare!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 83>
  Share Topic