Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Algarve
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flight Watch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 83>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/June/2017 at 21:01
Sadly, I have the same type of anorak! 🤣🤣
Colin
tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/June/2017 at 19:11
Andrew/Big Col keep those anoraks on I for one always find it interesting to learn different things about the flights. I always appreciate it when the pilot tells you which route we are taking and where we will be flying over.
Andrew well done to the nephew.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/June/2017 at 19:54
Probably a bit OT but have you seen these landings & take offs at St Maarten Airport
Scary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM_GYSL0ibQ

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/July/2017 at 09:21
Paul, thanks for that and in response... have a look at Rome airport, Flightradar24 or googlearth, its most strange, they have two parallel runways they use for landings and one runway between the two, so at 90 degrees, they use for take offs. So the take offs are at 90 degrees to the landing and across one or the other of a landing runway, weird.
Andrew
Super__Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super__Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/July/2017 at 16:02
For anyone interested 1st week in September
£50 return London to Faro
How bad can it be?
Ally
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/July/2017 at 00:30
Jet2 now charging for hand baggage

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4719308/Now-airlines-charge-bring-HAND-LUGGAGE.html

‘On busier flights, it can occasionally be necessary for some hand luggage to be placed in the aircraft hold, however customers that wish to guarantee their baggage on board can pay a small fee to do so.’ 

So what happens if every customer on a particular flight pays to guarantee their luggage on board?
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/July/2017 at 00:54
so they're saying under the 90 cabin baggage rule if you refuse the option when asked  to put it in the hold when they have a full flight you will be charged for the privelidge of  bringing it on board as cabin baggage. mmmmm , another money making spinner. Personally I aint arsed  as we always pay for one hold luggage between us and one in size. cabin bag which we always put in the hold if given the option, otherwise its put in cabin overhead lockers. My small bag, laptop size fits under the seat.
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/July/2017 at 12:01
Originally posted by DICEYUK DICEYUK wrote:

Jet2 now charging for hand baggage

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4719308/Now-airlines-charge-bring-HAND-LUGGAGE.html

‘On busier flights, it can occasionally be necessary for some hand luggage to be placed in the aircraft hold, however customers that wish to guarantee their baggage on board can pay a small fee to do so.’ 

So what happens if every customer on a particular flight pays to guarantee their luggage on board?

Knowing the airlines, you get a curly sandwich and a glass of water as compo...  
Go away Duchatalet
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/July/2017 at 12:01
Interesting, and a little worrying, article...

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/aviation-bursting-at-seams-in-busiest-ever-summer-for-airports-and-airlines/ar-AAp6HvY?li=BBoPWjQ&ocid=HPCDHP
Andrew
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/August/2017 at 12:08
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/August/2017 at 13:13
Following DICEY's post there was more on todays news about the delays at European border controls. BA & EasyJet have issued warnings to passengers and Ryanair has advised the following;-

"Due to extended Travel Document Checks by Border Control Authorities, customers are advised to expect possible delays at immigration control points across our European network.

Ryanair advises customers to arrive at least 3 hours before the scheduled departure time of their flight, to ensure they have sufficient time to arrive at the boarding gate at our recommended 30 minutes prior to their scheduled fight departure time"

Has anyone heard if Faro is similarly affected by delays?
Colin
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/August/2017 at 15:43
I can't find any specific mention of long delays caused by Passport Control at Faro.
However, according to reports on this site, there are long delays at Faro but these are being caused by Security rather than Passport Control.
Interesting reviews though as basically nobody has a good word to say about the place.

http://www.airlinequality.com/airport-reviews/faro-airport/

This is also interesting regarding Lisbon. Why Lisbon and not Faro is hard to fathom given that Passport Control is the responsibility of the Government and not the Airport.
Would have thought that they would be following the same procedures & instructions

http://www.theportugalnews.com/news/brits-complain-about-lengthy-queues-at-european-airports-including-lisbon/42716
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/August/2017 at 16:46
Passport control at Faro last Tuesday was a joke. They wouldn't let us off the bus as the queue was out the door, once in the queue and inside it took 40 minutes. The electronic gates were there, with green arrows alight, but roped off!
Andrew
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/August/2017 at 08:51
On the Fala Portugal news last night it said the SEF (Border security) was going on strike .. Aug 24/25, I think.
Pyrman
cameroncleggout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cameroncleggout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/August/2017 at 11:13
The one saving grace about long Passport Control queues on entry into a Country is that by the time you get to the baggage area your bags are waiting for you. So you either wait in Passport Control or wait in baggage collection area which is same difference to me
cameronout
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 83>
  Share Topic