Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Sports Results & Opinions/Resultados Desportivos e Opiniões
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMORTAL FOOTBALL CLUB ALBUFEIRA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 57>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super__Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/October/2016 at 17:45
I managed to get to this game after all.
Unfortunately I thought Imortal were in red so I was cheering for the wrong team until a goal was scored and I heard Cubsur say "that's our first goal this season"
That's now attempt number 8 and I have not seen Imortal win a game.
Am I a jinx or are Imortal that bad?

Ally
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/October/2016 at 01:09
Hi Super Ally, was good to eventually meet you at last.
Super__Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super__Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/October/2016 at 10:37
You too mate! 🍺 You are taller and more good looking than I thought
Too bad about the result,⚽️ but there is always the cup to look forward to.🏆
I won't be back over until early February 😡
Ally
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/October/2016 at 11:16
Well all being well you can make one of the two home games at the final part of Phase 1or a trip along the road to Lagoa on the 18th Feb.

If the curse is lifted we shall win at Silves next Saturday!

Nice to have seen you and sorry about the rapid exit at the end, but for some reason we wanted to see the England game!
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Super__Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super__Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/October/2016 at 22:31
No worries, but next time please tell me which way we are kicking.😀
Ally
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/October/2016 at 09:29
That I shall do!
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/October/2016 at 09:56
Typical! Couldn't go yesterday as I was drafted into the bowls team at short notice. Silves 1 - 2 Imortal, first win of the season but a four game run now without a defeat.

Next game is the local derby at home to Ferreiras next Saturday.

The less said about the bowls the better!
Albufeira Resident

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/October/2016 at 12:51
Missing footy for bowls?!?!
I'm getting worried about you Tom, get an appointment at the Doc's my friend!
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/October/2016 at 10:30
Well they did ask me to make up the numbers at short notice. Looks like I am playing again next Saturday morning despite my dismal performance, but I will be back in time for the game against Ferreiras.

(Problem with Silves is that there is no way to get there for 3pm coming from the Portimão direction, otherwise I would have been there.)
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/October/2016 at 10:18
Imortal 0 - 1 Ferreiras - no full report as I didn't have a nortebook with me.

A good crowd for this league of 200 wasn't exactly entertained by this game, which was fairly grim and gritty as local derbies tend to be. The only goal came about 5 minutes before half time when a swift Ferreiras counter attack ended with a good cross field pass that found striker Marcos Gomes at the far corner of the penalty area. His shot on the turn sped low and hard into the opposite corner of the goal, no chance for 'keeper Nelio.

Ten minutes or so earlier, Imortal's Paollo had a great chance to put them ahead but chipped wide from 15 yards when one-on-one with the Ferreiras goalkeeper.

Paollo became increasingly frustrated as the game went on, got himself booked and had to be restrained more than once from exacting retributions on various opponents, whose defending was pretty cynical at times.

Imortal had plenty of possesion, especially in the second half but failed completely to create anything like a dangerous chance on goal. Two accurate shots from long range, one from Chico and another from Sacramento went straight into the goalies' hands. Jamil tried a free kick from 20 yards that is probably still in orbit somewhere. Ferreiras were content to sit back and counter attack. They did force one good save from Nelio, taken low down by the post and the visitors number 9 Pias missed one other chance from close range.

The result means Imortal drop to 8th, below the 'cut' for the second phase matches. Improvements are needed. Next game is away to Quarteirense next Saturday, then it's at home to Guia in the Algarve FA Cup on Tuesday 1st November (All Saint's public holiday) ko 3pm / 1500hrs.

Up to date Imortal squad list for future reference. Third column is nationality, fourth column is the club they were with last season if relevant.

1 José Teixeira Portugal Goalkeeper
99 Nelio Portugal Goalkeeper Culatrense
2 Catita Portugal Defender
5 Fisher Portugal Defender
13 Jamil Portugal Defender Guia
16 Marco Santos Portugal Defender Armacenese
18 Tiaguinho Portugal Defender Padernense
20 Canito Portugal Defender
22 Pedro Rodrigues Portugal Defender
25 Roberto Portugal Defender
27 Calado Portugal Defender Guia
28 Pedro Silva Portugal Defender
3 Miguel Nogueira Portugal Midfield
6 Chico Portugal Midfield
7 Baldé Guiné-Bissau Midfield
8 Rui Sacramento Portugal Midfield Guia
14 Ricardo Ferreira Portugal Midfield
21 Diogo Portugal Midfield
29 Maia Portugal Midfield
9 Mateus Portugal Striker
10 Lucian Roménia Striker
11 Luis Barradas Portugal Striker
17 João Monteiro Portugal Striker Quarteirense
23 Paollo Brasil Striker
31 Pipoca Portugal Striker Guia
Albufeira Resident

fulhammonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fulhammonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/October/2016 at 15:14
Hi, new to site as venturing to Albufeira in mid-November and hoping to take in the Imortal DC game on 19 November. I know it is still a bit away, but is the game likley to be moved from that date and ko?

Cheers
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/October/2016 at 08:52
Imortal games are almost never moved from original date and time. Check back here and / or at the Algarve Football results thread on the Tuesday before.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/October/2016 at 10:58
Quarteirense 3 - 1 Imortal two controversial goals and just about every bit of luck going against them for Imortal.

A sunny, warm but rather windy afternoon on a dry and bobbly pitch. A crowd of about 80 required four GNR to keep order.

Chico was restored to midfield, replacing Rui Sacramento. But he didn't have a good game by his standards, failing to make an impact.

The first half hour was pretty dire, not a single attempt at goal at either end. The first chance fell to Imortal on the half hour. A defensive error gave Pipoca (back at Imortal after a spell at Guia) a chance at close range but the goalkeeper was alert and blocked on the line with his feet. He saved in similar fashion four minutes later when Paollo jinked and turned to beat three defenders, his shot from 6 yards was blocked. The 'keeper's best save came when one of his defenders mis-cued a headed clearance. The home side's onnly attempt at goal was just before the half and went miles high.

So 0-0 at half -time and although to be fair Quarteirense has looked the better team with the ball, they were not totally in charge.

That changed in the second minute of the second half. A long pass was pulled back from the touchline for a cross, shot and goal. Imortal's players were adamant the ball had crossed the goal-line before it was crossed. The arguments cost captain Rodrigues a booking.

Ten minutes in and Pipoca had a great chance to level the score. A shot by Mateus rebounded spinning to his feet about 3 yards from goal, but he was off balance and scooped the ball over the bar. The same player rthen brought out another good block from the Quarteirense ´keeper.

Imortal were under increasing pressure and it was little surprise when a long pass broke the offside trap (which had worked very well until then) allowing a straightforward run shot past the helpless Nelio in goal.

Quarteira were now well on top in terms of possession. They missed a chance that was easier to score from,  then on 38 minutes another goal to cause an argument made it 3-0. There was more than a suspicion of offside . From where I was at the other end it could be have a matter of whether or not a final touch was applied before the ball crossed the line.

Although sub Monteiro scored a consolation just before the end, it was a comprehensive defeat. As a result Imortal drop down to 9th, with six points from seven matches.

Next comes the Algarve cup tie on Tuesday, at home to Guia ko 3pm / 1500hrs.

Match facts

Free kicks conceded : Imortal 12, Quarteirense 17
Offside : Imortal 2, Quarteirense 10
Shots on target : Imortal 6, Quarteirense 3
Shots off target : Imortal 3, Quarteirense 4
Shots blocked : Imortal 2, Quartereirense 0
Corners : Imortal 3, Quarteirense 5
Yellow cards : Four each
Red Cards : none
Albufeira Resident

fulhammonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fulhammonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/October/2016 at 11:48
Many thanks for update - I will check back nearer the time.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/November/2016 at 10:24
Imortal 2 Guia 0 Alagrve Cup Second Round

Very poor stuff but at least we won. Both Imortal's goals came within a five minute spell towards the end of the first half. The second period was in particular very tedious indeed.

Management reshuffled the team a litlte after the weekend defeat at Quarteirense. Canito returned to defence, Chico, Baldé and Rui Sacramento were the midfield trio.

For no apparent reason the game kicked off ten minutes late.

The referee was unfortunately one of those very picky types we get here. He blew for an alleged 24 fouls in the first half alone. Add to that several times when Guia were offside and it was stop-start for the whole time.

The game could have started very badly for Imortal. Twelve minutes into the game and Canito gave away a needless penalty, the opponent was going nowhere. The kick though was very poor, easily palmed away by Nélio. A header from the resulting corner went just wide. The game wore on, with occasional spells of football between the referee's whistling. Imortal were gradually getting on top but with nothing to show for it.

There was one further scary moment just before Imortal's goals when fullback Catita allegedly fouled an opponent on the edge of the area. Guia managed to miss an open goal from the free kick awarded.

Then came the breakthrough on 34 minutes. A long hopeful ball out of defence took off in the wind. The Guia ´keeper came to the edge of his area to collect, realised he might be in trouble and changed his mind. Imortals's volatile forward Paollo was there to steal the ball. His first attempt at a shot was a bit off balance and was partly blocked. The rebound fell kindly and his second try from a much more acute angle found the net. 1-0 Imortal.

The second came four minutes later aand from another long and hopeful ball upfield. Paollo, inside the area, controlled the ball well , was tackled and the rebound went to Tiaguinho out wide right. His cross found Pipoca by the penalty spot, who calmly took aim with a shot on the turn  to make it 2-0.

Guia started strongly in the second half and had a good chance to score early on, but they petered out quickly. Imortal were happy to let Guia run around in midfield. They did commit some errors which a better team would have punished, but Guia had little to offer by way of a challenge. There was almost nothing of note in the final half hour or so, other than Pipoca having a good header saved by the 'keeper and another header went narrowly wide from Paollo after a great cross in by Chico.

The referee resumed whistling furiously and often, and started to dish out yellow cards to Imortal players, two of which were complete mysteries to those watching but possibly for time wasting.

Match facts

Free kicks conceded : Imortal 20, Guia 21
Offside : Imortal 2, Guia 6
Shots on target : Imortal 4, Guia 1 (the penalty that was saved!)
Shots off target : Imortal 2, Guia 4
Shots blocked . Imortal 1, Guia 0
Corners : Imortal 4, Guia 3
Yellow cards : Imortal 5, Guia 2
Red cards : none

Imortal are at home again this Saturday, opponents 11 Esperanças ko 1500hrs / 3pm
Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 57>
  Share Topic