Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Sports Results & Opinions/Resultados Desportivos e Opiniões
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMORTAL FOOTBALL CLUB ALBUFEIRA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 57>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/October/2015 at 10:32
Sorry about that but I only found out on Saturday morning!

Anyone know the score? It's not on any website.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Lofters View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lofters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/October/2015 at 14:22
Imortal through with a 4-0 win Clap   ...... see http://www.futebol365.pt/competicao/1143/
Super__Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super__Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/October/2015 at 17:36
I ended up not going. I watched both Scotland and then England getting humped at rugby instead. But 9 goals for Imortal in two games can't be bad. I will be back if they make it to the final. I was impressed by the meals they served in the stadium, they looked really tasty. Would I need to book or would they serve tourists?
Thanks for the info Tom
Ally
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/October/2015 at 11:11
Thanks Lofters for the confirmed score.

I don't think you have to book meals except on match days. I will ask next time.

I wasn't at the game so no report this week. I also watched the rugby, worse luck.
Albufeira Resident

Black Cat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/October/2015 at 17:44
Ally I was the one you intercepted on the way to the ground, Went back later managed to see all goes before leaving for the Rugby should've stayed.

Match was pretty much one way traffic.
Super__Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super__Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/October/2015 at 12:46
Black Cat - A 4-0 win is a good result. When I went back to the pub I watched both Sunderland and Newcastle games as they were on at the same time. A Geordie couple I was sitting with did not know whether to laugh or cry. The rivalry between these teams in unbelievable
Enjoy the rest of your holiday mate.
Ally
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/October/2015 at 10:03
Imortal drew 1-1 at the 11 Esperanças on Saturday evening. I couldn't go because of the late time.

Next week Imortal travel to Faro once again, this time to meet Culatrense. KO tiime as yet unknown.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/October/2015 at 10:00
Game v Culatrense on Saturday will be a 3pm ko at the slightly less horrible Penha 'stadium' in the north of Faro.
Albufeira Resident

kappa99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kappa99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/October/2015 at 19:19
Hi all, 

Im going to be on an end of sumer escape from the 22nd, travelling solo and heading to the Imortal match. Im staying in the Forte do Vale hotel, can someone give me an idea how long the walk is? I stayed in the hotel right behind the stadium a few years ago, so I know what to look for. 

A friend was at a pre season friendly and he told me you can get a couple of cheap beers and even a BBQ, Im assuming that was just a pre-season thing?

Im also going to attempt to take in the Olhanense game on the Sunday and I'll be doing some research into public transport but Im aware on a Sunday its a lot more restricted than the other days.

Finally, will I be ok wearing my Celtic top at both games? Its not to goad rival fans, since (most of) us Celtic lot are pretty friendly on our travels!

Good luck to you guys this season and will hopefully see you a week tomorrow !
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/October/2015 at 10:39
From Forte do Vale it's about 20 - 25 minutes walk, mostly uphill. Alternatively, eg if it's raining, take the GIRO Linha Verde (Green) bus from the Tres Palmeiras (Three Palms) roundabout outside Forte do Vale at 1335(if it's a 1500 ko) to the bus station then take the path, about 5 min walk.  You would in the ground around 1400 the Linha Azul will take you back at 1700.

http://www.algarvebus.info/images/Stadium%20location.jpg

Beer is not expensive, but they normally only do bifanas (pork steak roll) etc on the food side on match days.

Wearing a Celtic top won´t get you into a fight at Imortal.

Getting to Olhanense for a Sunday game is pretty difficult. It's a 1500hrs ko that day.

The only real option is by bus

Albufeira : 1130 from the bus station (catch the bus from Estrada da Santa Eulaia at about 1140)

Faro arrive : 1300
change bus buy a new ticket
Faro leave : 1325
Olhão arrive : 1345

Returning

Olhão leave 1700 (leg it fast to the main road near McDonald's and catch the bus there)
Faro arrive 1720

If you miss that one the next bus isn't until 1750.

Faro leave 1725 if the travel god is with you, 1745 if not but that one goes the long way around via Loulé.

Albufeira arrive 1810 or 1910

If not, the 1750 from Olhão gets to Faro at 1810, in good time for the last bus to Albufeira which leaves at 1845 arriving at 2015.

Train isn't really an option as there is a 3 hour gap in the afternoons with no trains at all towards Faro from here.

Coming back from Olhão there is a 1729 to Faro arriving 1739 but you have little or no chance of making the 1745 bus and there is a 2 hour wait until the next train to Albufeira.

Yes, three hours to travel about 40 miles. Welcome to Portugal at weekends.

As for me I am off to brave the elements to watch Imortal in Faro v Culatrense having missed the last two games. Again, the only way I can get there for 3pm is to get a bus at 1205 - this goes the long way around and arrives in Faro at 1325, so for you no chance of the 1325 to Olhão and it's an hour's wait for the next one. As I live 25 minutes walk from the bus station I shall be off at 1130.

See you next weekend. I may well wear my blue Tonbridge AFC shirt as a recognition panel.

Albufeira Resident

kappa99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kappa99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/October/2015 at 15:17
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

From Forte do Vale it's about 20 - 25 minutes walk, mostly uphill. Alternatively, eg if it's raining, take the GIRO Linha Verde (Green) bus from the Tres Palmeiras (Three Palms) roundabout outside Forte do Vale at 1335(if it's a 1500 ko) to the bus station then take the path, about 5 min walk.  You would in the ground around 1400 the Linha Azul will take you back at 1700.

http://www.algarvebus.info/images/Stadium%20location.jpg

Beer is not expensive, but they normally only do bifanas (pork steak roll) etc on the food side on match days.

Wearing a Celtic top won´t get you into a fight at Imortal.

Getting to Olhanense for a Sunday game is pretty difficult. It's a 1500hrs ko that day.

The only real option is by bus

Albufeira : 1130 from the bus station (catch the bus from Estrada da Santa Eulaia at about 1140)

Faro arrive : 1300
change bus buy a new ticket
Faro leave : 1325
Olhão arrive : 1345

Returning

Olhão leave 1700 (leg it fast to the main road near McDonald's and catch the bus there)
Faro arrive 1720

If you miss that one the next bus isn't until 1750.

Faro leave 1725 if the travel god is with you, 1745 if not but that one goes the long way around via Loulé.

Albufeira arrive 1810 or 1910

If not, the 1750 from Olhão gets to Faro at 1810, in good time for the last bus to Albufeira which leaves at 1845 arriving at 2015.

Train isn't really an option as there is a 3 hour gap in the afternoons with no trains at all towards Faro from here.

Coming back from Olhão there is a 1729 to Faro arriving 1739 but you have little or no chance of making the 1745 bus and there is a 2 hour wait until the next train to Albufeira.

Yes, three hours to travel about 40 miles. Welcome to Portugal at weekends.

As for me I am off to brave the elements to watch Imortal in Faro v Culatrense having missed the last two games. Again, the only way I can get there for 3pm is to get a bus at 1205 - this goes the long way around and arrives in Faro at 1325, so for you no chance of the 1325 to Olhão and it's an hour's wait for the next one. As I live 25 minutes walk from the bus station I shall be off at 1130.

See you next weekend. I may well wear my blue Tonbridge AFC shirt as a recognition panel.

Thanks for the reply! I had a look at the trains website and it appears I can o it by train to ferreireas (Where I got the train from a few years ago to travel to Lisbon) fairly cheaply - 

Train to Faro 1218-1254 Arr at Faro

Faro to Olhao 1355 - 1406 

800m walk to stadium

Return

Olhao - Faro 1729 - 1739

Faro - Ferreiras 1756 - 1818 16 euro return

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/October/2015 at 10:23
The 1756 from Faro back to Albufeira - Ferreiras is an intercity train for which you must buy a different ticket. You cannot use a regional ticket on the intercity train.

That fare is €9,10 one way whereas by regional train it's €3,30.

But I guess an extra €5,80 might be preferable to possibly sitting around for hours in Faro.

Reporting from yesterday, Imortal had a useful 2-0 win over in Faro against Culatrense and are back in 2nd spot. More later.

On the transport front, I took the 1130 bus from Albufeira to Faro which was full with standing passengers by the time we left Olhos D'Agua. All those tourists going to Vilamoura. I found a bar in Faro showing the Spurs v Liverpool game (on a Spanish channel) watched most of that before the 15 minute walk to Penha and the game.

Afterwards I walked down to the Hospital for the 1725 Transrápido bus back to Albufeira, which somehow contrived to be 15 minutes late only three stops out of the bus station. There were five other passengers.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/October/2015 at 10:25
Imortal v Ferreiras next Saturday. Important local derby.

I spoke to a couple of people yesterday and they said the game will be at 3pm but I shall double check and post here.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/October/2015 at 11:22
Culatrense 0 - 2 Imortal

The biggest surprise of the day was that it only rained for a few minutes at the start. Most of the game was played in sunshine, although the gusty wind often made ball control difficult on the synthetic pitch.

Two well taken goals by one of a few new faces, Ricardo Ruiz, gave Imortal a well earned victory. They dominated the game for long periods, but were denied more goals by a mixture of wayward shooting and one really good save. For their part, the Imortal defence had some difficult times, but the home side's finishing was even worse.

Imortal had the wind in the first half and tried the tactic of quick crosses to outwit defenders. Didn't work. Midway through the half skipper Pedro had a long free kick that sped accurately towards goal, but the 'keeper saw it from a way off and dealt with it easily. A couple of chances followed, Baldé swept a shot just wide after a corner was not properly cleared then Miguel had a close range header really well saved on the line.

The final few minutes of the first half saw Culatrense on the front foot, but they made nothing of a couple of good chances coming about from defensive errors. Imortal's defence was well organised and blocked several attempts on and around the edge of the penalty area.

Imortal began the second half well and went ahead after 10 minutes. Baldé crossed from the left wing, Ricardo spun well to control an awkwardly bouncing ball, then drilled it low and hard into the corner of the next from about 12 yards out.

The second followed on 21 minutes. Once again Culatrense failed to clear a corner, the ball dropped at the feet of Ricardo whose looping shot from the corner of the penalty area beat everyone to nestle in the far side of goal.

His reward was to be subbed five minutes later!

The rest of the second half was pretty much in Imortal's control. There were no big exertions needed to deal with opposition who had run out of ideas, except right at the end when the half way line offside trap was broken, Cultatrense were bearing down on goal in numbers. but defenders rushed back quickly enough to block the rather half hearted shot.

The game was well refereed for a change and there were no histrionics from either side. Crowd was about 50.

Match stats

Free kicks conceced : Imortal 16, Culatrense 9
Offside : Imortal 2, Culatrense 3
Shots on target : Imortal 7, Culatrense 3
Shots off target : imortal 8, Culatrense 5
Shots blocked : Imortal 0, Culatrense 7
Corners : Imortal 11, Culatrense 2
Yellow cards : 1 each, both for fouls.

Next Saturday Imortal face local rivals Ferreiras in what is always a keenly contested affair. Ferreiras have spent some seasons in the national league before being relegated last season, so the teams haven't met in a league game for a while. Kickoff may be at 3pm I shall confirm this asap.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/October/2015 at 09:16
The Algarve FA website has Imortal v Ferreiras as a 1500hrs / 3pm kickoff on Saturday.
Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 57>
  Share Topic