Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Weather / O Clima
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

British Weather Today!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 186187188189190 237>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diamond Lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/August/2015 at 11:18
Very warm here too. Could do with a few SBs to cool down !
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/August/2015 at 14:37
Bah! Here in the former English region of Aquitaine it is grey, windy, occasional showers and 19C.

Just to make things even more annoying they are showing racing on the telly in the pub here, from everywhere else in France where it is very sunny!
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/August/2015 at 17:34
Beautiful day here in N Norfolk - blue skies, sunny, a light breeze & a very nice 24.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/August/2015 at 20:48
Can you credit this load of tosh - yep, you guessed it, Daily Mail

It's a heatwave! Thousands flock to the beaches and parks as Britain sizzles in temperatures of 26C - and it's going to get even HOTTER

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/August/2015 at 09:23
Huh! No-one is flocking to the beaches here. After a night of heavy showers, it's another grey, damp and dreary day here in the once English Duchy of Aquitaine.

It was really annoying yesterday evening watching the Chelsea game with everyone there in their short sleeves and wearing sunglasses, while outside the bar here it was battering down with rain!
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
cheekygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheekygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/August/2015 at 23:40
Today we have had hail, sunshine and thunder. Tomorrows forecast looks better.
Loving it in the sun

Diamond Lady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diamond Lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/August/2015 at 23:57
Very nice here most of the day. Reached 27 at one time.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/August/2015 at 07:20
North Norfolk yesterday. Very nice day (27) but a bit breezy, hence the many windbreaks.
I actually ventured into the North Sea - not too bad although it was a bit murky and quite stony at the waters edge.
Too many bloody dogs on the beach for my liking though - they should grasp the nettle & ban them

Linda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/August/2015 at 09:52
No, dogs shouldn't be banned. 

I get great pleasure going on a beach with my dog. I love to see my dog enjoy the beach and playing in the water. Why shouldn't a dog be allowed to enoy life? 

.. and before anyone comes up with the dog foul question - well, then it is the owners who are to blame if they are not responsible for making sure their pet is clean and doesn't cause any problems. Also not allowing their dog to be out of control.  It's irresponsible people who are to blame every time.
My dogs have never been a trouble to anyone on a beach. 

Human beings leave more filth, litter, mess, beer cans, discarded barbecues, half eaten food, and pollution than any animal. 

Ha! Most dogs are better behaved than some of the anti social people I have seen. 
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/August/2015 at 20:27
Originally posted by Linda Linda wrote:

My dogs have never been a trouble to anyone on a beach.

So then Linda, your dog has never peed on the beach?
I doubt it.
Therefore you must think it's acceptable, healthy & hygenic for me, my grandchildren and thousands of others like us to sit, lay, play and dig in the sand that your dog has just peed on.

tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/August/2015 at 20:55
Couldn`t agree more Dicey..not only that you try to have a stroll on the beach in the evening and all you hear is wall to wall yapping.
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/August/2015 at 23:13
well I see many so called responsible dog owners who carry poop bags, you watch them scoop the mess up making them look responsible, for them only to be disgusting and irresponsible and throw the bag away on the floor when they are out of sight of other people instead of putting it in an appropriate recepticle/bin provided for the purpose. Riles me no end. Sorry to say but  responsible dog owners are very  few and far between.
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
carolenclive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolenclive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/August/2015 at 07:42
I am with Linda on this one myself being a responsible dog owner all my life and I would never throw my bag any where it comes home with me Dogs enjoy the beach in all weathers especially when there are no so called humans around leaving their litter food waste cigarette buts drink cans,and yes human waste.I have 10 grand kids all who love their dogs and the beach  in all weather and why shouldnt they?
caz
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/August/2015 at 08:09
The Portuguese have it right - dogs are banned on most beaches from May to October & I rarely see any dogs on Falesia beach during this period so it would appear that the rule is very well observed.
I believe there is even a special beach for dogs at Quarteira which seems like a good idea.

Compare that to the UK & particularly North Norfolk where it's the other way round.
Dogs are banned from from only a very few stretches of beach here during the summer but where they are the rule is totally ignored by hundreds of dog owners every day.
Yesterday I was on a beach that stipulated that dogs were allowed but they had to be on a lead. No chance, dogs running around everywhere totally out of control & the owners couldn't give a monkey's.
Whilst I'm sure that there are responsible dog owners the trouble is that they are in a very small minority.
The bottom line is that no matter how responsible a dog owner is they cannot prevent a dog peeing where it wants to and I've never seen any dog owner attempting to clear up pee.
Now if I was walking on a pavement or on grass and a dog had just peed on it, would I want to go & sit in it. No.
So why do dog owners think it's alright for me to sit where their dogs have peed on a beach.
You might not be able to see it but it's still there.
carolenclive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolenclive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/August/2015 at 08:35
If you feel that strongly dont go to the beach or park.Before moving back to my home village  when I was working in a town centre I used to walk the 30mins home and I took a long detour just to avoid the car fumes from heavy traffic.My decision, the air is polluted by car owners and IMO irresponsible 2/3 car family ones.these should be banned.
caz
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 186187188189190 237>
  Share Topic