Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Currency & Exchange Rates /Câmbios
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro rate at moment.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6263646566 105>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/June/2016 at 11:32
Back up to 1.30 this morning.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/June/2016 at 13:20
Indeed, did you see the markets yesterday? Went mad, pound had it's best day in eight years, but will it last? Thursday will sort it one way or another.
Andrew
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/June/2016 at 09:20
1.272 in the high street this morning. It will be interesting to see what happens after today's vote. Confused
Colin
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/June/2016 at 21:17
I got 127.5 today from Ramsdens Currency in our local town.
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/June/2016 at 05:01
Just got up - we've voted out & the bank rate is currently 1.22 & still falling
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/June/2016 at 06:13
And still falling.
Ryanair got it wrong, mailing at 1.00am 'Celebrate staying in Europe..'

Pound down 10%, lowest since 1985.
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/June/2016 at 07:17
Welcome to the brave new world. Add the 10% fall in the £ - € rate the likilihood of the bottom dropping out of the stock market later this morning and the short term financial effects of last night's decision could seriously wound many of us who either live here or who have property here.

At least the MP's will earn their pay for the next two or three years as they untangle and repeal 40 years of EU inspired legislation!

The situation in two or three years time when nisi becomes absolute - who knows?
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/June/2016 at 08:36
Cameron announcing his intention to resign won't steady the ship in the short term either. Shocked
Colin
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/June/2016 at 08:41
Now it's the time for Boris to take over.  What a thought.  Boris and Trump with their fingers hovering over the red buttons.
Ramsdens have taken their currency page off line. I suppose air fares will go up as jet fuel is priced in dollars.
tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/June/2016 at 09:46
It`s all only short term knee jerk reaction due to the City dealers not wanting to get caught with their pants down.
Only hovering around what it was last week when the leave vote was on the up for a while. The only reason the rises happened over the last week were because the remain vote gained the upper hand.
My only regret is I never had the intended lumper on the leave vote with Betfair as I got cold feet.
Never mind can`t have it all ways.
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/June/2016 at 09:55
my advice .... if you are going to europe this summer and autumn .... buy euros now ... the fall isn`t over by a very long way.
Pyrman
jameswhufc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jameswhufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/June/2016 at 10:13
I disagree with that Pyrman. I will be hedging my bets. I changed a quarter of my planned spend last week but now there is lots of uncertainty over France, Holland and so on who will want referendums.
We are seeing a recovery already since the announcement this morning.

Each to their own, but with 4 weeks till i go abroad i'm taking my chances.
tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/June/2016 at 10:16
Don`t take this the wrong way Pyrman but I believe in the past you have advised that the Pound/Euro rate fluctuates with the seasons and a couple of years ago  that the Pound would be about worthless against the Euro before long?
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/June/2016 at 10:40
The currency conversion sites all seem to be crashing at the moment and reported on the BBC that in Greece the change shops are refusing to change £ as they cannot get a rate from the banks.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/June/2016 at 11:15
Just returned from the shops here, Eurochange rate is 1.210 Cry
Colin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6263646566 105>
  Share Topic