Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Currency & Exchange Rates /Câmbios
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro rate at moment.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7778798081 105>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cameroncleggout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/August/2017 at 11:15
YEP only around 1.08
cameronout
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/August/2017 at 15:57
The bank rate went below 1.10 this morning (to around 1.097) but has now crept up a bit and is currently 1.1011
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
port princess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote port princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/August/2017 at 19:48
Yes it seems to be stuck at 1.10 I was offered 1.89 this morning .
Portprincess
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/August/2017 at 09:18
Originally posted by port princess port princess wrote:

Yes it seems to be stuck at 1.10 I was offered 1.89 this morning .

A leading zero missing? At 1.89 there would be a stampede, lead by me!
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/August/2017 at 09:28
That means it is now costing everyone in the UK 25% more than it did two years ago before `Brexit` .... before any hotel price rises in Algarve are taken into account ... and they have been significant April to October time. Doesn`t seem to be putting many people off though ..

Doesn`t seem to be an end in sight for the current trend either .. which means it will go below its recent five year low ... and people may well be getting 1 euro for 1 pound in Albufeira.
Pyrman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote port princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/August/2017 at 23:47
If only ,sorry folks   Was the correct deal at santander Totta London €1,0983 So apologies .
Portprincess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote port princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/August/2017 at 23:47
If only ,sorry folks   Was the correct deal at €1,0983 So apologies .
Portprincess
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/August/2017 at 10:41
"That means it is now costing everyone in the UK 25% more than it did two years ago before `Brexit` "

The rate in January 2016 was around 1.41 and it took a tumble after that to the present level in October 2016, climbed a bit to 1.18 in December 2016 when people were probably booking for this summer but has been in a steady fall since back to 1.09. Given that many of the holiday alternatives are either too expensive (been to France lately anyone?) or have other reasons why it's not good to go, Portugal is a current favourite.

This exchange rate nonsense does not of course worry the Germans (who are apparently coming in more numbers than ever) the French of course here in hordes and also Irish and Dutch.
Albufeira Resident

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/August/2017 at 13:11
Exchange rate as of 13.11hrs today
GBPEUR 1.1000
Something you don't see very often
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/August/2017 at 16:51
Down to 1.04 in town this afternoon. If you haven't change cash and still intend to, do so in UK and break it gently to the children that their ice creams and drinks will be on ration.
Disregard if you are Irish or loaded your prepay Euro card a couple of months ago.
Albufeira Resident

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/August/2017 at 16:53
Dropping through the floor this afternoon & heading for 1.08 if it carries on.
Currently 1.0921
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/August/2017 at 17:52
Big difference compared with here, 1.035 here in town this afternoon for cash. I am glad most of my spending money is in a Euro account.
Albufeira Resident

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/August/2017 at 09:07
Going down again this morning - currently 1.088 Cry
Tourist rate will soon be parity if this continues and it might get into minus figures in some places
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/August/2017 at 09:36
It is already a minus rate at Faro airport I was told, but only an idiot would change money at any airport!

I will be in town later and will see what they are offering.

I wonder if that low rate partially reflects the cost of sending all those bagfuls of unwanted £5 and £10 notes back to the Bank of England?

Anyway, good news for those based here like me and who deal in Euros, when visiting UK things are 20% 'cheaper' than a year or so ago. That ought to help the price of imported beer as well.
Albufeira Resident

pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/September/2017 at 11:16
Slight rally to 1.092 this weekend ... whatsit in town ?
Pyrman
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7778798081 105>
  Share Topic