Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Currency & Exchange Rates /Câmbios
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro rate at moment.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7475767778 105>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/April/2017 at 10:37
Still only 1.115 in town yesterday.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
malagabob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malagabob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/April/2017 at 19:42
I'm a Santander account holder. How are you getting 1.18 Dicey?
Never put off something that you could do today
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/April/2017 at 20:16
Are you a UK Santander account holder or a Portuguese Santander Totta account holder.
If only the former, you won't.
If the latter then you can.

You need to contact Santander Totta UK on 020 7264 1300 or info@santandertotta.co.uk
Tell them you have a Portuguese Santander Totta account and that you want to transfer money to it.
You will need details of your Portuguese Account - branch, account number (IBAN) etc.
They will then set up a Santander UK account for you.
You then transfer money (£) online from any UK Bank Account (HSBC, NatWest, Barclays etc) to that Santander UK account.
They then transfer that money in Euro to your Portuguese Santander Totta Account at their Daily Exchange Rate.

Every day they set a Daily Exchange Rate - this is usually no more than half a cent below Official Bank Rate.
i.e. the rate you can see here -
http://foreignexchangerateforecasts.blogspot.co.uk/p/live-exchange-rates-graphs-on-this-page.html
This morning the Bank Rate was around 1.1930 and their daily rate was 1.1889.
You phone the above number and they will tell what their Daily Exchange Rate is.
This is usually available just after 9.30am.
No matter what happens to the Bank Rate during the day the Daily Exchange Rate is fixed for the whole  day.
You then have until 4pm to make your transfer into your Santander UK account and the transfer into your Portuguese account is made overnight.
There are no fees etc to pay and you always get the full Daily Exchange Rate.

I believe other Portuguese Banks with a UK Branch offer a similar service.

This is their address -

Banco Santander Totta SA

50 Mark Lane

London

EC3R 7QR

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
stuart123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuart123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/April/2017 at 22:23
Millennium BCP also do a similar service using their London office to do the transfer.

However i also use the online Transferwise service, 1% fixed fee, and guarantee bank base rate.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/April/2017 at 08:35
1.1824 this morning.
As a consequence, share prices are generally down, it's an interesting see saw.
Andrew
cameroncleggout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cameroncleggout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/April/2017 at 09:29
Got a few hundred euros being delivered today, however only got 112.31 to the euro ( Santander )so your 118 is exceptional
cameronout
port princess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote port princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/April/2017 at 09:37
Have used Diceys method for a few years now it was great advise so many thanks I just email them and monies are in that evening .
Portprincess
stuart123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuart123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/April/2017 at 16:57
I've also heavly used transferwise - they charge a flat 1% on transfers and use the bank base rate at the time of the transfer.

I have saved thousands in transfer fees using them :-)

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/April/2017 at 20:07
1.12 for cash in town today.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/April/2017 at 21:26
I got the aforementioned 1.18 on a 'modest' amount transferred earlier today. FairFX.
Andrew
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/May/2017 at 09:29
Above 1.19 morning
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/May/2017 at 20:11
Just had the misfortune to have spent a few days in Benidorm where all the exchanges were to my surprise  paying 1.17. Quite a bit more than the exchanges pay in Albufeira.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/May/2017 at 20:35
Today's bank rate.... 1.192
Andrew
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/May/2017 at 11:03
Mid 1.16's this morning
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/May/2017 at 13:06
Probably because the other side of the see saw, the FTSE, reached a record high yesterday.
Andrew
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7475767778 105>
  Share Topic