Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Beaches / As Praias
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Albufeira's beaches today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8081828384 115>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/June/2017 at 13:49
Salgados, mid morning today.
Very quiet and peaceful, not many about, no breeze and the sea like a mill pond.
One reason people stayed away, the temperature! By mid-day we gave it best as it was just frying you. Beautiful walk though. and the sea temperature as warm as we've ever known.

Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/June/2017 at 15:59
And just to the side of Gale beach is this little cove, not surprisingly known as Gale East.
It has a new, quite swanky, beach bar (in front of the fish restaurant) and because of the existence of competion adjacent, very fair prices. Another nice little find to add to the list...

Andrew
bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/June/2017 at 20:49
You need to head east more often my friend, that swanky Bar has been there since last year.
we're not brazil we're norn iron
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/June/2017 at 09:06
Yes, I think as the cove is so small most people stay on the other side, which by comparrison is vast. The two bars that side, Galeao and Praia de Gale, were both pretty full, this new swanky one had four people, 2 x 2 tables, when we arrived out of something like two dozen tables. Hence it could be a nice find as we will use it as a turning point on our walks.
Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/June/2017 at 13:53
Great beach walk today, very very low tide and as we went across Salgados it was that low, that far out that a sandbar was in evidence, very much being enjoyed by those there.
Again, the sea was very calm, as was the breeze so it was very quiet, more like being at a Lido than on the beach!

Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/August/2017 at 15:10
Approaching Gale/Salgados...

Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/August/2017 at 16:02
Gale late morning today, rammed. Half hour later at least half these people had gone, I can only think they are on all inclusive deals.

Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/August/2017 at 15:53
Fisherman's Beach, Albufeira...

Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/August/2017 at 15:54
And another one of Gale, one of our favourites...

Andrew
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/August/2017 at 16:21
Ours too. 4 weeks tomorrow- can't wait. 😎
Colin
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/August/2017 at 14:15
 A couple of pictures taken today around 1pm from above the town beach.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/August/2017 at 14:47

Salgados this morning, we did a brisk three miles and loved the very low tide, great and flat walking in the shallow surf but, with the tide so low, in one area it revealed these rarely seen rocks and did the kids love them! Hundreds of, as I say rarely seen, rock pools, the kids were all over them, and quite a few Dads as well!

Great walk, great few hours on the beach. One last observation, the water clarity, superb, clear as gin.

Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/August/2017 at 13:10
Have acquired a cracking picture of Gale, 21 years ago, really interesting pic but alas, I don't have scanning facility here so, I'll take it back to blighty and post it from there for you later this week.
Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/August/2017 at 15:37
And another, now very familiar pic, of Gale this morning. As a few days ago, late morning it was rammed, as you can see, but by 12.45 at least half of these had gone, me thinks dinner at the AI hotels is served at 1.00pm!
Still a beautiful beach to walk, parking the other side of Salgados gives us a great three miles of exercise, enough to work up am appetite for a beer!

Andrew
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/August/2017 at 16:45
I'm pleased I don't have to walk three miles to work up my beer appetite.
Colin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8081828384 115>
  Share Topic