Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Beaches / As Praias
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Albufeira's beaches today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7273747576 115>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/September/2016 at 16:32
Gale is my wife's favourite beach too which is why we spend a lot of time there. Great photos.
Colin
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/September/2016 at 20:25
A few from Falesia this morning where it has been absolutely glorious today

click image upload

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/September/2016 at 12:24
Praia da Oura yesterday afternoon. Some more tomorrow, going out soon.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/September/2016 at 13:13
Benagil earlier today, a beautiful little village and beach.
Loads of boats lining up to take their turn to pop into 'Cathedral cave', and what a wonder of nature that is, well worth a visit if you haven't done it yet.

Andrew
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/September/2016 at 14:26
Full moon last night so a very low low tide this morning (0.3m) resulting in a vast expanse of sand.
Nowhere dry to sit though as low low tides are preceded and followed by very high high tides so the whole beach had a wash last night.
Over 130 paces from the back of the beach to the waters edge
Both the watersports facilities on Falesia have packed up over the last few days and they were removing the last few bits of equipment this morning.
The huts will be dismantled & removed over the next few weeks - winter draws on Wink

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/September/2016 at 14:41

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/September/2016 at 14:43

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/September/2016 at 14:46

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/September/2016 at 08:39
Cannot get the rest of my pix off the memory card. Seems to have packed up. Will try again later.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
steven.vanessa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote steven.vanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/October/2016 at 14:56
Originally posted by DICEYUK DICEYUK wrote:

Visited here on the basis of your pics Dicey, we were blown away how beautiful it is. Our new place to visit now 😀
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/October/2016 at 15:06
Originally posted by steven.vanessa steven.vanessa wrote:

Visited here on the basis of your pics Dicey, we were blown away how beautiful it is. Our new place to visit now 😀

Glad you liked it. For those unaware Falesia is actually Portuguese for "cliff" so in English it would be Cliff Beach. Likewise, if he had been born Portuguese, Sir Cliff might have been called Falesia Richard Wink
Anyway, a few from this morning taken from a different perspective than normal

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/October/2016 at 15:11

bebop View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/October/2016 at 18:32
Love the pictures folks. Great to see what's going on there. Dicey, looks like you were busy earlier with your hammer and chisel 🔨 😊. Beautiful beach there at Falesia. Thanks for the pics.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/October/2016 at 22:02
Originally posted by bebop bebop wrote:

Love the pictures folks. Great to see what's going on there. Dicey, looks like you were busy earlier with your hammer and chisel 🔨 😊. Beautiful beach there at Falesia. Thanks for the pics.

Actually people who feel the need to carve out images & names in the cliffs are a pain in the a*se.
Sadly, it appears to be a growing problem.
The cliffs are crumbling enough as it is without the help of a few idiots who will probably never return to see what damage their masterpiece has contributed to in years to come.
Still I'm sure it entertained them for a few minutes while they were doing it and it probably amused their friends when it was posted on Facebook & Twatter
Linda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/October/2016 at 16:42
Lovely pictures Dicey. I didn't know the meaning of the word Falesia is cliff. I love this beach so I'm glad I know now.  Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7273747576 115>
  Share Topic