Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Beaches / As Praias
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Albufeira's beaches today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6465666768 115>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/April/2016 at 17:27
The rest here https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=6A2A1C7DAAEE306D!37013&authkey=!AOz3AwenacSX11A&ithint=folder%2cJPG

Good job I walked when I did, it's been battering down with rain since about 4 o'clock!

From Praia da Oura to the other end of the beach in Albufeira itself.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
lucyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/April/2016 at 17:31
Brilliant photos, thanks.
my beautiful portugal
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/April/2016 at 11:50
Taken yesterday. Notice how much sand has gone from the far side of the pier. Last summer there were sunbeds etc there. It's OK further down, beyond Inatel.

Albufeira Resident

steven.vanessa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steven.vanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/April/2016 at 13:19
Wow that is missing alot of sand. 😳
lucyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/April/2016 at 15:25
Smashing photo, thanks
my beautiful portugal
RogerD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/April/2016 at 20:08
Wow thats alot of sand away
Heading out again on May 24th and Oct 5th in 2014!!!
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/April/2016 at 20:42
Happy to report that there's been no sand loss on Falesia - probably more sand than at anytime in the last 5 years. Perhaps it's been washed along from Albufeira.

Quite a bit of erosion along the back though. The black stuff is black sand, not oil.

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
steven.vanessa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steven.vanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/April/2016 at 22:42
We havent visited this beach before, its on our list now for this year, looks fantastic.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/April/2016 at 06:15
A couple more

The orange sand that gets washed down the cliff face has a very hard crust on it when it dries out

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
lucyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/April/2016 at 06:34
Great photos,thanks, those rocks are fabulous.
my beautiful portugal
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/May/2016 at 16:12
Gale beach today, a great few hours, nice walk, plenty sea watching and it was awesome as well, and a lovely vino tinto before the walk back. Bracing and refreshing, might not be 30 degree's but it's still a beautifull place to be, I've had worse friday afternoons!!!

Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/May/2016 at 18:53
I was thinking about going out down that way on my bike. I chickened out when I saw black clouds coming, having already got wet in the morning walking to Modelo and back.
Albufeira Resident

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/May/2016 at 14:51
Lunch time today, spectacular down there.
The first one is Salgados, the second, the Lions Head, is gale but you can't often get to this, it was the very low tide that let us walk that far.
A lovley walk, lovely weather but a little windy, certainly blew the cobwebs away!

Andrew
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/May/2016 at 16:33
More great photos Andrew thanks, I'm looking forward to seeing the sights in person. We arrive 3 weeks today Smile
Colin
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/May/2016 at 08:50
Cheers Col, hope the weathers better for you, dire again today.
Andrew
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6465666768 115>
  Share Topic