Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Beaches / As Praias
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Albufeira's beaches today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 115>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/May/2013 at 10:49
A couple of quick ones taken on Saturday afternoon. it was very windy and not many people were out.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
lucyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/May/2013 at 15:31

Great photos, lovely memories Smile

my beautiful portugal
merryforge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merryforge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/May/2013 at 20:02
Lovely!  used to walk along there every day back from dinner or from the shops, up to the Cerro Grande, via the lift.  I love these pics which bring back such happy memories as Lucyr says.

The sand looks quite flat and settled again after your 'stormy' pics from a few months ago?

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/May/2013 at 11:23
Yes the sand no longer has much of a 'cliff' in it. The sea state has been quite reasonable lately.
Albufeira Resident

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/May/2013 at 20:51
Erosion on Falesia Beach

Compare these 2 photos - first one taken in February this year & the second one taken today.
The giant sand bag barrier erected by the Sheraton a couple of years ago to prevent their beach, beach bar and sunbeds from dissapearing into the sea was hardly visible in February, or indeed all through 2012.
Today, a good 2 metres of sand has dissapeared leaving the rather ugly sight of exposed sand bags. At high tide this afternoon it was not possible to walk along the sea shore as the water was crashing over the tops of the sand bags for a good 2 hours.
Personally I think it looks bloody awful and it's a great shame that they have been allowed to alter the natural state & character of the beach, and destroy it's beauty, by putting these bags along a 200 metre stretch of it. 
If you've got money & influence you can get away with anything Angry

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
LIBBY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote LIBBY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/May/2013 at 17:08
Sta. Eulalia beach earlier today. 
Algarve - The closest thing to heaven !
wendyhsmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wendyhsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/May/2013 at 16:53
OMG, what has happened to Fisherman's beach today.  The water is brown, and if you look down from the end of the pier to the left it looks positively black.
Black Cat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/June/2013 at 20:03
Just seen on webcam looks like a truck on beach can't work out if its working on whats left of the jetty or putting down more sand
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/June/2013 at 08:58
When I flew over yesterday into the airport the sea was a very peculiar colour in places. It looked from a height like a lot of seaweed was drifting inshore.
Albufeira Resident

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/June/2013 at 09:14
Mmm... just looking on the beach webcam, has the end of the pier collapsed or been demolished?
There is a truck and a digger working in the vicinity but unless my eye's deceive me the end of the pier isn't looking too healthy.
Andrew
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/June/2013 at 09:54
The pier on fishermen's beach is being taken down. It hasn't had any usage for a while and has become a hazard for bathers.
Still, it's a pity. it was kind of a landmark for the town.
Albufeira.com Admin
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/June/2013 at 09:55
Indeed a real pity, what a shame.
Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/June/2013 at 12:42
Goodness, they're not hanging about in removing it either!
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/June/2013 at 12:42
End of pier gone.

Here's all that's now left, picture taken yesterday.

And here's those sandbags on the Praia da Falesia, also yesterday

I walked all the way to Vilamoura and took loads of pictures along the way, beach and cliffs. I will sort them out soon.I am now suffering. Calf muscles were like iron bars last night!
Albufeira Resident

Wireman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wireman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/June/2013 at 12:46
Thats a lovely walk along Falesia beach to Vilamoura, but yes I can see your point if your starting point is Pateo whew.
Regular Visitor
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 115>
  Share Topic