Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Beaches / As Praias
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Albufeira's beaches today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 115>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J2me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/January/2013 at 16:39
Thanks Tom.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/January/2013 at 09:17
I have this one (and a couple like it) from April last year but nothing more recent. But as it looks like being a nice day, I can feel the need for a trip across the the other side for some up to date snaps.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/February/2013 at 12:25
Here's a quick one from my walk round to the other side of the marina yesterday afternoon. Remainder I will sort out tonight.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/February/2013 at 08:48
Here are the pictures of the beaches (and more) that I took on Thursday from the hill  high above the marina. They aren't properly sorted as yet and there are no captions, but I am sure you will recognise the locations.

http://sdrv.ms/11rH9jP
Albufeira Resident

windmillhill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote windmillhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/February/2013 at 17:24
Here are a couple of pics of Sao Rafael beach, ant1969.  It's probably our favourite beach.

www.algarve-windmillhill.co.uk
Penthouse apartment with spectacular views
J2me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J2me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/February/2013 at 20:25
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

Here are the pictures of the beaches (and more) that I took on Thursday from the hill  high above the marina. They aren't properly sorted as yet and there are no captions, but I am sure you will recognise the locations.

http://sdrv.ms/11rH9jP

Cheer Tom. Beer

Number 30 is my favourite, but only because I can almost see into my apartment.

Now I am wondering if you actually knew that Wink

I think number 8 is a smashing photograph too. A very nice view.

Thanks for taking the time to take all the photographs and posting them for us all to share. There is a massive library of photographs there.  Thumbs Up
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/February/2013 at 09:35
"Now I am wondering if you actually knew that Wink"

I remember reading that you are up there somewhere!

No problem with the pictures. I need the exercise after a few months of semi-immobility.
Albufeira Resident

pyrman View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/February/2013 at 11:31
These unfinished flats must be worth between 75 - 100 million euros !

Looks like Albufeira is going to grow again quite significantly perhaps from the end of 2013 ...
Pyrman
J2me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J2me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/February/2013 at 14:58
Originally posted by pyrman pyrman wrote:

Looks like Albufeira is going to grow again quite significantly perhaps from the end of 2013 ...

Gosh, and I thought I was an optimist. I hope you are right pyrman. Tongue

I think the Portuguese banks will be reluctant to finance foreigners mortgages for a while yet. OK, there are other banks. But I think even Barclay's would be reluctant to push that boat out for a while. Afterall, even they are regulated by the Portuguese financial regulator who will call the shots for a while yet. Perhaps a Russian bank, or a flush German bank will have the power to make them yield eventually.

I understand that banks in other EU states are not being allowed to provide their own nationals with finance to purchase property abroad, even with that old fashioned word, 'refinancing'.

Then again, there are supposed to be some rich folk who live in or near Lisbon, who will be able to buy up cheap. Now, even they are waiting on the sidelines, watchful of negative equity.....

Agh!! Caught myself wandering on a bit .... so not me eh!  LOL  Back to the beautiful beaches.

bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/February/2013 at 20:26
J2me, now there's a thing, in number 30 I CAN see our place so we must be very close to you.
we're not brazil we're norn iron
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/February/2013 at 22:40
John I have heard the Russians are coming too.

Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/February/2013 at 07:04
Very nice pictures - thanks.
Hope to be out & about over the next few weeks & will take some pictures of the Acoteias/Olhos area.
BTW, recently found this very clever bit of software that enables you to "stitch" pictures together. It's called Microsoft ICE.
All you do is take several pictures of the same scene and as long as you have a slight overlap you can make up a very wide picture that combines all the photo's together - so good you can't even see the join.
On top of that it's dead easy to use (just drag & drop) and the pictures are joined almost instantly. And it's completely free.

http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/redmond/groups/ivm/ice/

To demonstrate, I've taken the liberty of using 2 of Tom's pictures (No's 28 & 29) & joined them. Obviously the originals were not taken with stitching in mind, but nevertheless they have joined pretty well

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/February/2013 at 11:16
Clever $/%$/.

You can do almost the same using the latest version of Microsoft Paint or I have some free software called Photoscape which offers a similar function.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/February/2013 at 11:30
A TV programme the other day reported that the Crowne Plaza site is for sale at 38 million.
Albufeira Resident

ant1969 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ant1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/February/2013 at 11:42
many thanks windmillhill,
it does indeed look lovely.  we will see for ourselves in May. Big smile
com amor e cumprimentos Donna x
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 115>
  Share Topic