Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Beaches / As Praias
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Albufeira's beaches today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 115>
Author
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Walrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/September/2012 at 20:39
Piccies as promised.   About 15 minutes before I took this piccie the wet bit on the left was covered with folk lying around sunning themselves...

And here you can see the small lagoons left behind, even the lifeguards were caught out and had to hotfoot it up the beach LOL

Do not meddle in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will pee on your computer!
J2me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J2me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/September/2012 at 21:04
Fair play Wal. Your point is well made.

Decent piccies too.  I bet you have a few nice ones !

Walrus View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/September/2012 at 21:23
Hmmm, having just compared this years pictures with some I took at much the same time last year (see Page 15 of this thread - http://albufeira.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2711&PN=15&title=albufeiras-beaches-today) I'm not really sure what to make of things.  The sunbeds are further down the beach this year but the beach felt wider (deeper) than last year somehow and yet the water got almost as far as the sunbeds last year, maybe it's just a case of it finding its 'level'.  Undoubtedly the fact that the moon was at one of its closest points to earth both this septmber and last year has a major part to play.

Cheers J2me, they're nowt special though mate, taken on a small Fujifilm 14-megapixel, compact camera, "simples" as Aleksandr would say Smile

This was taken with the same camera, same day.  Believe it or not the shell was no bigger than my thumbnail, the 'pebble' resting on its lower left edge is a grain of sand Big smile
Do not meddle in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will pee on your computer!
Wireman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wireman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/September/2012 at 12:20
Talking of the aforementioned high tide, we were in Olhos D'Agua at the time and watched as people came running out of the sea to attempt to rescue their towels, belongings etc. The sea came right up to the wall, the highest I have ever seen there. The photo was snapped on my phone just after the sea had struck so doesn't capture all the mayhem but you get the idea.
Regular Visitor
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/September/2012 at 11:43
A freak wave no doubt. The sea does come up to the wall there in winter but that´s highly unusual for this time of year.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/October/2012 at 19:01
For those of you missing the sunshine, here's the main town beach on Sunday afternoon

And Praia da Oura this afternoon

Albufeira Resident

merryforge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merryforge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/October/2012 at 08:18

We were on the main town beach all that Sunday afternoon Big smile  I can't see us in your pic but we wouldn't be very stand-out with our little heap of towels and hats.  Next time we are going to buy a cheap parasol from the Ali Super and leave it behind, we didn't think of it till the last day.  At 8 euros it seems a worthwhile spend.

I would post one from the same day and one from Gale, but can't see how, am I being a noodle?

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/October/2012 at 09:38
Click "reply" top right of your post and then the little tree icon, follow the instructions.
You don't get this option if you use the "quick reply" offered below the last post.
Andrew
merryforge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merryforge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/October/2012 at 20:08

Thanks, Andrew

Albufeira main beach last Wednesday from the lift viewing platform - look at the colour of that sea!

And from the top of the elevators at the other end (Friday)

fishermans beach

And by night, last Monday:

Wireman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wireman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/October/2012 at 20:30
Nice evening picture.
Regular Visitor
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/October/2012 at 21:59
Cheers, glad my response was of use as they are great pics and much appreciated.
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/November/2012 at 18:55
A couple of pictures taken this afternoon. Not bad for 1st November but the sea was a bit rough.

For more, bigger, pictures please go to http://sdrv.ms/VfibkD

Albufeira Resident

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/November/2012 at 10:07
Has anything happened to the pier? Has part of it, the end, gone?
In both Tom's pic above and on the web cam it looks to be much shorter, maybe the beach has encroached or maybe it's just the pics... ???
Andrew
el birnn View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el birnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/November/2012 at 10:51
i have just been down to the beach...indeed half the beach towards the inatel end has been swallowed by the ocean. 
i'll go down a little later and take a few pics
Nunc bibendum est
el birnn View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el birnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/November/2012 at 13:55

Heres 2 pics from each side...taken 5 mins ago

Nunc bibendum est
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 115>
  Share Topic