Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Beaches / As Praias
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Albufeira's beaches today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7374757677 115>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/October/2016 at 10:14
Yesterday 12 noon. Not bad for 8th October

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
simpson View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/October/2016 at 15:16
brilliant
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/October/2016 at 10:45
Sunday at around 1300hrs

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/October/2016 at 17:05
Thursday 20th October around 1715hrs. Temperature 22C.

Albufeira Resident

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/October/2016 at 07:07
Something I've been meaning to do for a while - comparison of pictures to show cliff erosion over the last 10 years or so.
All pictures taken in roughly the same spot - the small bent over and partly bare pine tree in the centre of the first picture is a reference point

2005 - very small step from beach to bottom of cliff

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/October/2016 at 07:09
2006 - not much changed in a year

2011 - 5 years on and the step has got a bit higher

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/October/2016 at 07:11
2016 - another 5 years and now a significant difference

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/October/2016 at 07:16

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/October/2016 at 09:59
Good pictures showing what's happening all along this coast.
Albufeira Resident

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/October/2016 at 00:34
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

Good pictures showing what's happening all along this coast.

This is obviously becoming a big problem.
All it needs is a Spring Tide (and there are 2 of those every month) coupled with a strong southerly wind and a rough sea, and another chunk of cliff will be swallowed up.
A series of those combined conditions over the next few years and the Pine Cliffs will be in danger of losing a big chunk of their golf course.
The 5th hole runs all the way along along the top of this cliff and the 5th green is just behind that bent over tree.
The 6th tee (located top left of picture below) which has already been rebuilt once in 2013, will be in danger of disappearing again.

Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/October/2016 at 15:21
Glorious down the Old Town this lunch time.
Surprised how much effort everyone is making for halloween, shop staff and restaurant waiters all dressed up and loads of bunting, party time everywhere apparently from 6.00pm, but I was happy with an unexpected 'happy hour' day! hic!

Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/November/2016 at 08:22
Praia da Oura yesterday at around 10.20am

Albufeira Resident

lucyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/November/2016 at 08:28
Lovely photo, thanks
my beautiful portugal
edinjohn1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edinjohn1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/November/2016 at 21:56
Great pics. We're off to Albufeira and Armacao de Pera on the 10th of December, hope the decent  weather holds out. :-)
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/November/2016 at 18:32
Taken at about 3pm today. Looks nice, dunnit?

Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7374757677 115>
  Share Topic